Dress code

Old Jan 22nd 2009, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dress code

Just a quick one, want to hear it from you guys who live in the UAE.

Do I (and Jo) need to cover up from wrist to ankles? when out and about?
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 10:32 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dress code

Originally Posted by LukeandJo

yes...cause it's bloody cold here at the moment
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

hahaha 25 degrees, compared to UK weather!!!!
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LukeandJo

Are you serious?

2 answers,
1 - No. You can dress almost exactly the same as you would in any western country in the capital cities of Abu dhabi and Dubai except during Ramadan where the police will stop and tell you to go home if you are too revealing (mainly women).

2 - You need to dress conservatively if you dont want to offend certain people.

Now make your choice.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you for the replies
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

more examples, my friend wears a mini skirt and deep and wide cut top when going to restaurants, clubs, pubs at night.

My girlfriend wears tiny short shorts and tight short sleeved tops walking around the street during the day.

Abu dhabi this is.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 11:05 am
W10

When is the next Abu Dhabi night out?

Old Jan 22nd 2009, 11:05 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld
more examples, my friend wears a mini skirt and deep and wide cut top when going to restaurants, clubs, pubs at night.

My girlfriend wears tiny short shorts and tight short sleeved tops walking around the street during the day.

Abu dhabi this is.
You must have some dodgy looking friends. I would never recommend girls wearing skimpy shorts or revealing skirts in a country where there are so many sexually deprived men. It's not healthy. Religion doesn't enter into the equation, simply common sense and decency.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lionheart
You must have some dodgy looking friends. I would never recommend girls wearing skimpy shorts or revealing skirts in a country where there are so many sexually deprived men. It's not healthy. Religion doesn't enter into the equation, simply common sense and decency.
Oh the stares suck and the comments when im not with her but meh.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 11:44 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Abu dhabi this is.
your friend and girlfriend sound ace.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 11:48 am

diablo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lionheart
I would never recommend girls wearing skimpy shorts or revealing skirts in a country where there are so many sexually deprived men. It's not healthy.
There is a higher incidence of brain tumors (that's what my dad used to tell me).
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Spugsy
your friend and girlfriend sound ace.
Lol.

Even if I told you they are asian?
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

I would say if you are going for interviews tell Jo to dress conservative as this may harm her chances esp if the interview is with a local group or a gov entity.

I would also say that in general that she should respect the local culture somewhat and not wear anything too revealing,ie mini skirts and tiny shorts, its fine for the bars and clubs but not out and about during the day.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

jiffy is an unknown quantity at this point

I would recommend only dressing with shoulders and/or knees showing (for a woman that is) a) if you want to offend lots of people and b) if you want to increase the likelihood of someone getting raped here.

Remember, most (i.e. more than 50%) of the non-emirati men here are on bachelor status, coming from countries where they are not used to seeing naked female flesh. Please don't add to their frustration!

Sorry if I sound prudish.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 12:17 pm
W10

Lol.

Even if I told you they are asian?
What on earth would that have to do with anything?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.