Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Discovery Gardens, Dubai

Discovery Gardens, Dubai

Old Sep 11th 2010, 6:51 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Discovery Gardens, Dubai

Originally Posted by hoblos
Well arrived Dubai on 7th and moved into 1 Bedroom in Mogul, DG.

Must say I am impressed with the flat and the area. Loads of supermarkets and and numerous curry shops. Found a place to get my shirts pressed and even stumbled across an internet cafe in DG.

Haven't got internet but have been out in the car finding open networks and connecting that way.

What's the deal with the network sockets in the apartment? Any way to get Internet or TV without waiting for weeks to get connected by DU?

Where can I go for a swim nearby? Can I use facilities in the Zen cluster if I say I live in DG?

thanks
I'm in Mogul as well, Du s your best bet - go to Ibn Buttuta mall and to teh Du shop and fill in forms and that and they will hook you up, they did it within 4 days I think for me.

No pools are open as far as I know here in Disco Gardens but there's aone I use sometimes at the gardens which is ok.
Old Sep 11th 2010, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Bungdit Din is on a distinguished road

What's the deal with the network sockets in the apartment? Any way to get Internet or TV without waiting for weeks to get connected by DU?
no, the sockets are totally dead until the Du engineer has connected things in the patch panel in the roof space (usually right by the front door in DG) and they've turned on the data tap for your apartment at Du HQ...
Old Sep 13th 2010, 9:21 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Du are being hopeless right now.

"Sorry sir, we cannot connect you for the next two weeks"
"So you are telling me you don't have enough engineers?"
"Yes sir we have enough engineers but they are too busy right now"
"So... you are telling me you don't have enough engineers?"
"Sorry sir we have enough engineers but too many customers want connected now"
"... in other words you don't have enough engineers?"
"Yes sir, we have enough engineers, so sorry you have to wait"
Old Sep 13th 2010, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

hoblos is an unknown quantity at this point

Engineer from Du coming on Thursday but the experience at the Du shop in the Mall was the worst I've ever come across. Ticketing system a joke and majority of people waiting losing rag and asking to see the manager who of course wasn't around.

I waited 1 hour 30 to be seen but problem is you don't know where you are in the queue which ads to the confusion/frustration!

Hope I don't have to go back there again!

Had to pay 200 for installation and 350 deposit for equipment upfront!!

The package better be bloody good!!
Old Sep 13th 2010, 6:37 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Engineer from Du coming on Thursday but the experience at the Du shop in the Mall was the worst I've ever come across. Ticketing system a joke and majority of people waiting losing rag and asking to see the manager who of course wasn't around.

I waited 1 hour 30 to be seen but problem is you don't know where you are in the queue which ads to the confusion/frustration!

Hope I don't have to go back there again!

Had to pay 200 for installation and 350 deposit for equipment upfront!!

The package better be bloody good!!
yeah I paid 500, once it's in it does work pretty well.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

hoblos is an unknown quantity at this point

man was supposed to come and connect me today at 5

nobody came!!

furious!!!!!
Old Sep 17th 2010, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

Purdey is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by typical
For what it's worth, I just (today) signed a lease on a 1 bedroom apartment in TECOM for 40k.

I may have overpaid.
How are you finding Tecom as a base?
Are there bars/supermarkets in walking distance?
Would you mind letting me know which tower?

Thanks.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 8:57 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sessou
How are you finding Tecom as a base?
Are there bars/supermarkets in walking distance?
Would you mind letting me know which tower?

Thanks.
I haven't spent a lot of time there since I moved in...

There are a couple of bars in walking distance, and it's easy go get to more. There's a Carrefour Express and a couple of other supermarkets dotted around TECOM, and Spinneys at the Greens.

For me, the best thing is being able to walk to work - over SZR in the metro's air conditioned bridge.

Will PM you the tower name.