Discovery Gardens, Dubai

Old Aug 29th 2010, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

Avarice is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Discovery Gardens, Dubai

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
it's Zumurud tower

http://dubai.dubizzle.com/property-f...ice+to&x=0&y=0

Haven't been in it, but it's been open since April and they've been having real issues filling it. It's got a nice enough pool though, I guess "marina and partial sea views" and well... yeah. It's cheap!

Oh, adn I particularly like this listing: "Studio in the famed Zumurud Tower, with all amenities and more". Wow... more than "all amenities"?! Now, that's a sales pitch! lol
LOL
Old Aug 29th 2010, 10:58 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

I saw an advert on Dubizzle for a sofa that went: 1,000 AED neg ONO!

Originally Posted by Avarice
LOL
Old Aug 30th 2010, 5:19 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

For what it's worth, I just (today) signed a lease on a 1 bedroom apartment in TECOM for 40k.

I may have overpaid.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ethos83
I saw an advert on Dubizzle for a sofa that went: 1,000 AED neg ONO!
outstanding

and whereabouts is tecom? im actually looking now for any studio flat paid monthly in walking distance from dubai mall or MOE, had to have a bit of a rethink lol
Old Aug 30th 2010, 5:13 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Tecom is between Al Barsha and the Greens facing Sheikh Zayed. It's where the Grand Millenium Hotel is (site of the other Belgian Beer cafe). A lot of apartments there and bargains getting cheaper daily.

Could be ideal for you. There's a metro stop right in Tecom and it will take the wife to the Dubai Mall metro stop.

outstanding

and whereabouts is tecom? im actually looking now for any studio flat paid monthly in walking distance from dubai mall or MOE, had to have a bit of a rethink lol
Old Aug 30th 2010, 5:29 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

As below. For walking distance (without metro) to each of those malls - for Dubai Mall you'd be looking at 8 Boulevard Walk (45k for a studio, but I'm sure they could be beaten down). For MoE, there are lots in Barsha itself.

Of course, the near end of Disco Gardens is walking distance to Ibn Battuta too.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

thanks guys i really appreciate the help ill definatley look into tecom
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 10:57 pm
Just Joined

hoblos is an unknown quantity at this point

With the lack of facilities in Discovery Gardens is it possible to use the pools and gyms in nearby places like The Gardens or The Greens?

To the 4100 residents in Discovery Gardens where do you go for a jog?

Also what do you get for your membership at Fitness First nearby?

thanks
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 11:06 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

Originally Posted by hoblos
Given Disco Gardens is 6km long, that's one thing I don't think I'd worry about...
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by typical
for Dubai Mall you'd be looking at 8 Boulevard Walk (45k for a studio, but I'm sure they could be beaten down).
Also walking distance to Dubai Mall and in a similar(ish) price range are The Lofts, Burj Views and Sky Gardens. You could try Executive Towers as well, but not sure what state the pools etc are in, and although it is walking distance, I'm not sure it's actually possible to walk it without taking a saunter down SZR.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 9:55 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

With the lack of facilities in Discovery Gardens is it possible to use the pools and gyms in nearby places like The Gardens or The Greens?

Also what do you get for your membership at Fitness First nearby?

thanks
I use the pool at the gardens from time to time, just sign in with a random name and building number.

Lots of jogges here, big long stretch that everyone uses.

And decent, newish gym at IB Mall for fitness first, gets busy though.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I use the pool at the gardens from time to time, just sign in with a random name and building number.

Lots of jogges here, big long stretch that everyone uses.

And decent, newish gym at IB Mall for fitness first, gets busy though.
Hi, thanks for this useful info. I arrive at DG on Sep7th. Where is the long stretch for jogging? Is it too hot for outdoor jogging at this time of year?

cheers
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Hi, thanks for this useful info. I arrive at DG on Sep7th. Where is the long stretch for jogging? Is it too hot for outdoor jogging at this time of year?

cheers
I go walking around the cricket pitch at 05.45 and it's lovely!
Old Sep 4th 2010, 1:33 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

cheers
unless you go early 6-7am or later 7om onwards then yeah, its hot and humid even then though - there's a long road, front and back - easy to find.
Old Sep 11th 2010, 2:19 am
Just Joined

Well arrived Dubai on 7th and moved into 1 Bedroom in Mogul, DG.

Must say I am impressed with the flat and the area. Loads of supermarkets and and numerous curry shops. Found a place to get my shirts pressed and even stumbled across an internet cafe in DG.

Haven't got internet but have been out in the car finding open networks and connecting that way.

What's the deal with the network sockets in the apartment? Any way to get Internet or TV without waiting for weeks to get connected by DU?

Where can I go for a swim nearby? Can I use facilities in the Zen cluster if I say I live in DG?

thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.