Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Old Jul 24th 2011, 6:21 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Originally Posted by markinbahrain
Good luck Norsk for you and your family, and would just like to thank you for all your help and knowledge of being an expat in Bahrain during the "dark days", enjoy Dubai.:frown

As for trouble the only fracas that I have seen for weeks was saudi's & shias fighting in an apparent pre-arranged fight outside the Gulf Suites Hotel car park, off Exhibition Road, Hoora. There was 30-35 off them going at each other for 15 minutes last Thursday night.....until the police came and upset my enjoyment
But then again they were probably fighting over some hookers and nothing to do with who invaded their country!

Question, does that mean I am in the "green zone" and not you guys lol
Mark! You're still here..

I would have loved to see a good street fight. Slightly jealous now.

Nah man. The green zone is where my compound is, but you don't have to venture far to get to the enemy territories. Where you live is more like the entertainment district which nobody wants to mess too much with, cause if they do then what are they going to do on their off nights..

By the way we will try to organise a beer or two in Dilly in early August. Tockalosh is here, Ronnie is still around and if you come along as well then we're nearly a full set.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

markinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nice

Originally Posted by norsk
Mark! You're still here..

I would have loved to see a good street fight. Slightly jealous now.

Nah man. The green zone is where my compound is, but you don't have to venture far to get to the enemy territories. Where you live is more like the entertainment district which nobody wants to mess too much with, cause if they do then what are they going to do on their off nights..

By the way we will try to organise a beer or two in Dilly in early August. Tockalosh is here, Ronnie is still around and if you come along as well then we're nearly a full set.
Hello mate, firstly my condolences to your country, and to the families of them teenagers. As parents it is unimaginable and heartbreaking, may they rest in peace.

Moving swiftly on before I go a little to deep.......my last day is tomorrow as I fly back to London on Tuesday, my son is already back their so I can party a bit late tomorrow ,
It would be great to meet up for a beer tomorrow if you can with Tockalosh and Ronnie as you all live in the "greenzone" and i live in the entertainment district First time I have heard it called that!!
Apologies short notice, otherwise if you guys can't do tomorrow night, then Norsk ...you are always owed a beer in Bahrain by me.

P.S. I don't suppose you want to sell your car do you, as I can stump up 500BD cash for it NOW!! Obviously "Sold As Seen"!
Yes,I will knock it out for 4000BD but I thought I would get in before Tockalosh.

Last edited by markinbahrain; Jul 24th 2011 at 8:17 pm.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 6:09 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Hello mate, firstly my condolences to your country, and to the families of them teenagers. As parents it is unimaginable and heartbreaking, may they rest in peace.

Moving swiftly on before I go a little to deep.......my last day is tomorrow as I fly back to London on Tuesday, my son is already back their so I can party a bit late tomorrow ,
It would be great to meet up for a beer tomorrow if you can with Tockalosh and Ronnie as you all live in the "greenzone" and i live in the entertainment district First time I have heard it called that!!
Apologies short notice, otherwise if you guys can't do tomorrow night, then Norsk ...you are always owed a beer in Bahrain by me.

P.S. I don't suppose you want to sell your car do you, as I can stump up 500BD cash for it NOW!! Obviously "Sold As Seen"!
Yes,I will knock it out for 4000BD but I thought I would get in before Tockalosh.
Tonight is going to be difficult man. I've got work in the morning (okay, internet surfing) and also I'm packing to go on a road trip to Dubai this weekend. Taking all the stuff I don't want to ship (as it is going in storage for 2 months or so).

So you'll pay me BD502.5 for my car? I've added the beer you owe me to the price. Hope you don't mind. That's a deal! You can collect it in Khobar. It will be parked next to the mosque with the key on the driver-side front tyre.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Lmao, you dont give much notice hey Mark. At least you will have had an experience you can look back upon and dine out on at the London boozers.
Got my first born here this week so no boozing for me sadly, wishyou well back in Blighty. I take it you didnt fancy taking up the Dubai option
Old Jul 25th 2011, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

markinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Lmao, you dont give much notice hey Mark. At least you will have had an experience you can look back upon and dine out on at the London boozers.
Got my first born here this week so no boozing for me sadly, wishyou well back in Blighty. I take it you didnt fancy taking up the Dubai option
Mate, I am going to smash it up back in the old smoke, granted not Cheshire with all them lovely country pubs, and gorgeous countryside that you so fondly speak about but it will be good to get out of here. But will be back 1st September so we MUST meet up for a beer. Tock, you do know their is NO drinking what so ever here during August, I hope you have stocked up well!!
Old Jul 25th 2011, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Come now Mark, your intel is flawed. The Dilly and Brit club are open throughout August. You just need to drink indoors and not out by the pool until Iftar but as its so hot, thats hardly a chore.

Have a few of pints of your Courage suvern beer for me however whilst you are back in London and we will hook up for a beer in Sept. Enjoy the sanity
Old Jul 25th 2011, 11:49 pm
Just Joined

spicybrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Mate, I am going to smash it up back in the old smoke, granted not Cheshire with all them lovely country pubs, and gorgeous countryside that you so fondly speak about but it will be good to get out of here. But will be back 1st September so we MUST meet up for a beer. Tock, you do know their is NO drinking what so ever here during August, I hope you have stocked up well!!
Hey Mark where u gonna be in the smoke? Im near Kensington Olympia....wanna meet for a wee drinkie and celebrate being free in great weather???
Old Jul 26th 2011, 1:01 am
Just Joined

Hey Tocks congrats on the new addition
Old Jul 26th 2011, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by spicybrit
Hey Tocks congrats on the new addition
Spicy, thanks for the congrats but 1st born is now a 15 year old eating and sleeping machine who has come over to visit. No idea how he can consume so much food, sleep for 23 hours a day and still be thin as a rake but hey ho.

The new addition (no.3) will actually pop out during Eid insha'allah
Old Jul 26th 2011, 9:52 am
Just Joined

Spicy, thanks for the congrats but 1st born is now a 15 year old eating and sleeping machine who has come over to visit. No idea how he can consume so much food, sleep for 23 hours a day and still be thin as a rake but hey ho.

The new addition (no.3) will actually pop out during Eid insha'allah
oops lol well many of us were thin as rakes at age 15....erm a lucky time of birth for your expected one I would say....will that be reflected in the choice of name?
Old Jul 26th 2011, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

well he was conceived in Abu Dhabi and following on from the trend set by the stars in Hello magazine

we are thinking Raddison SAS Yas island Surname, maybe with a Hamad thrown in for good measure
Old Jul 26th 2011, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

well he was conceived in Abu Dhabi and following on from the trend set by the stars in Hello magazine

we are thinking Raddison SAS Yas island Surname, maybe with a Hamad thrown in for good measure
Old Jul 26th 2011, 1:17 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

You should drop that surname business though. That's just silly..
Old Jul 26th 2011, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by norsk
You should drop that surname business though. That's just silly..
Agree, his full name shall be

Room 514-overlooking-the-pool-Raddison-Yas
Old Jul 26th 2011, 1:50 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

Agree, his full name shall be

Room 514-overlooking-the-pool-Raddison-Yas
I like it! You probably need to start working on getting your wife to accept it asap though..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.