Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Old Jun 1st 2011, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Originally Posted by heartofdarkness
Actually in Hoora..near Diplomatic Area
Oh I didnt realize you were Indian
Old Jun 1st 2011, 5:14 pm
need a new teeshirt

heartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the rough

Rookie mistake when I moved here..one of the few caucasians in compound..
Old Jun 1st 2011, 7:41 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heartofdarkness
Rookie mistake when I moved here..one of the few caucasians in compound..
Did you not notice when you viewed it? Anyway I'm sure it's probably dead cheap..
Old Jun 1st 2011, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

markinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nice

[QUOTE=Tockalosh;9402244]my pleasure, keep an eye on the news whilst you are away in case our friends try to destroy the place again.
All our shias at work at getting giddy at the thought of marching back to their spiritual epicentre (the new Pearl traffic light intersection) this afternoon.

The NEW Pearl roundabout this afternoon, http://youtu.be/iggvPKNZVh8 ...
"It was a token gesture"!!!
I cannot see the police are going to put up with too much crap, this is Bahrain today 2011

Last edited by markinbahrain; Jun 1st 2011 at 9:06 pm.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

spicybrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Was that for real?it looked like toy soldiers knocking down a toy pearl roundabout (at a quick glance)
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 11:00 am
need a new teeshirt

heartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by norsk
Did you not notice when you viewed it? Anyway I'm sure it's probably dead cheap..
Actually viewed in afternoon in dead of summer..Saw no one! So had no idea it was 90% subcontinent..Golden Sands..not dirt cheap..could get a nice villa on your side..just not sure I can be bothered to move at this point..
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 5:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=markinbahrain;9403553]
Originally Posted by Tockalosh
my pleasure, keep an eye on the news whilst you are away in case our friends try to destroy the place again.
All our shias at work at getting giddy at the thought of marching back to their spiritual epicentre (the new Pearl traffic light intersection) this afternoon.

I cannot see the police are going to put up with too much crap, this is Bahrain today 2011
"Hey guys............ some joker has built a miniature replica of The Pearl in the middle of some roundabout......... no, not THAT roundabout........ anyway, could one of you just pop down there and quietly remove it, please?....... do it subtly, please - we don't want some joker filming it and putting it up on You Tube.............."
Old Jun 4th 2011, 5:56 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=markinbahrain;9403553]
Originally Posted by Tockalosh
my pleasure, keep an eye on the news whilst you are away in case our friends try to destroy the place again.

Just checking in to ask if anything kicked off over this weekend...western media reporting continued brutal government crackdown on demonstrations despite lifting of State of Emergency...but i suspect thats very one sided as previous reporting was
Old Jun 4th 2011, 1:45 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=spicybrit;9409327]
Originally Posted by markinbahrain

Just checking in to ask if anything kicked off over this weekend...western media reporting continued brutal government crackdown on demonstrations despite lifting of State of Emergency...but i suspect thats very one sided as previous reporting was
I saw nothing and heard nothing. The international media reported some protesters getting fired upon by security forces, but this has not been confirmed by local media as far as I know nor has the trustworthy section of the twitter brigade mentioned it, so I have no idea if it actually happened or not.

I know they had the police out and about in the normal large numbers to stop anything from starting, but not sure what's wrong with that to be honest. And surely preventing trouble is better than stopping it after it kicks off..
Old Jun 4th 2011, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=norsk;9409984]
Originally Posted by spicybrit

I saw nothing and heard nothing. The international media reported some protesters getting fired upon by security forces, but this has not been confirmed by local media as far as I know nor has the trustworthy section of the twitter brigade mentioned it, so I have no idea if it actually happened or not.

I know they had the police out and about in the normal large numbers to stop anything from starting, but not sure what's wrong with that to be honest. And surely preventing trouble is better than stopping it after it kicks off..
You know i kinda agree with u there....I actually dont blame the government taking precautions to avoid any of the same type of anarchy that took place and damaged the country and hurt so many innocent people who shouldnt have got caught up in it all......and at the end of the day we as expats need to feel safe and reassured that they ARE in control...and that theres hopefully no chance of any repetition of the previous events....they now need dialogue, dialogue and more dialogue!
Old Jun 4th 2011, 4:59 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=norsk;9409984]

Of course addressing the root cause of the segregation that leads to it all would make far too much sense for the middle east
Old Jun 4th 2011, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=shiva;9410228]
Originally Posted by norsk

Of course addressing the root cause of the segregation that leads to it all would make far too much sense for the middle east
Its far too easy for us to pass comments about a region where we are guests and ive noticed that we brits especially are prone to feeling superior in these parts.......as for `addressing the root cause of the segregation that leads to it all`......the fact that there is a sectarian problem is painfully factual but both sides need to move forward for the good of the country that is their home and their childrens home! There needs to be compromises made by both sides and more importantly the need for diplomacy is paramount and really the only way forward. We can leave but those poor sods have nowhere to run! I dont know about you guys but I find it very depressing that many sunnis and shias now cant trust each other despite having grown up together as brothers and sisters. How long will it take to heal these wounds and is it actually possible to do so?
Old Jun 4th 2011, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=spicybrit;9410258]
Originally Posted by shiva

Its far too easy for us to pass comments about a region where we are guests and ive noticed that we brits especially are prone to feeling superior in these parts.......as for `addressing the root cause of the segregation that leads to it all`......the fact that there is a sectarian problem is painfully factual but both sides need to move forward for the good of the country that is their home and their childrens home! There needs to be compromises made by both sides and more importantly the need for diplomacy is paramount and really the only way forward. We can leave but those poor sods have nowhere to run! I dont know about you guys but I find it very depressing that many sunnis and shias now cant trust each other despite having grown up together as brothers and sisters. How long will it take to heal these wounds and is it actually possible to do so?
Are you new to these parts?
Old Jun 4th 2011, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=Alexa;9410306]

Are you new to these parts?
Actually new to the forum but not to Bahrain....why?
Old Jun 4th 2011, 8:14 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

Originally Posted by shiva

yep. I don't expect that to happen even though it is probably the only thing that will permanently fix things..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.