Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Old Apr 13th 2011, 12:55 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Why the Lebanese?
don't know mate. no explanation was given to the ones i heard about, but i suspect it must be related to hezbollah in some way. maybe the government have discovered something related to some hezbollah trying to influence things and decided to get rid of all lebanese instead of investigating who is what.. seems a bit harsh though doesn't it.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 1:05 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
don't know mate. no explanation was given to the ones i heard about, but i suspect it must be related to hezbollah in some way. maybe the government have discovered something related to some hezbollah trying to influence things and decided to get rid of all lebanese instead of investigating who is what.. seems a bit harsh though doesn't it.
Just thank god that all the Lebanese restaurants are staffed by Syrians.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 1:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Just thank god that all the Lebanese restaurants are staffed by Syrians.
There was a crack down on lebbos in the Emirates a couple of years back - my lebbo friend told me.

Do not underestimate the capacity of the lebbos to stir shiite
Old Apr 13th 2011, 2:21 pm
need a new teeshirt

heartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the rough

Seems like this is an unrelenting crackdown which can't have good consequences. This can only lead to militancy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/13/wo...13bahrain.html
Old Apr 13th 2011, 2:28 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heartofdarkness
Seems like this is an unrelenting crackdown which can't have good consequences. This can only lead to militancy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/13/wo...13bahrain.html
well that article wasn't biased at all..for a second i even thought it was written by that prat Nicholas Kristof
Old Apr 13th 2011, 2:41 pm
need a new teeshirt

heartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the rough

Kristof is a PRAT..but I read the GDN the last week or so I get sick..do you really think doctors where butchering up people for TV coverage?
Old Apr 13th 2011, 2:43 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

Originally Posted by heartofdarkness
Kristof is a PRAT..but I read the GDN the last week or so I get sick..do you really think doctors where butchering up people for TV coverage?
nope. i don't believe GDN or BTV, but I don't buy this stuff from NYT either..
Old Apr 13th 2011, 3:03 pm
need a new teeshirt

Being that the NYT is basically run by NY Jews, I would think it would be in there best interest to make this into a Iran/Hezbollah thing. Obviously they are not so it gives them some credibility..

Last edited by heartofdarkness; Apr 13th 2011 at 4:38 pm.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 8:54 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

A Bahraini woman who witnessed her father, a well-known human rights activist, being seized by masked soldiers, beaten unconscious and then taken into custody, has told the Guardian that she is willing to die on hunger strike unless he is released.

Zainab al-Khawaja, 27, will today enter her fourth day without food in protest at the violent arrest and subsequent disappearance of the outspoken dissident Abdulhadi al-Khawaja, 50, along with her husband and brother-in-law.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...willing-to-die
Old Apr 14th 2011, 9:27 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

And still the West will cozy-up to any friggin' regime out here they see as having mutual interests.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 11:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
A Bahraini woman who witnessed her father, a well-known human rights activist, being seized by masked soldiers, beaten unconscious and then taken into custody, has told the Guardian that she is willing to die on hunger strike unless he is released.

Zainab al-Khawaja, 27, will today enter her fourth day without food in protest at the violent arrest and subsequent disappearance of the outspoken dissident Abdulhadi al-Khawaja, 50, along with her husband and brother-in-law.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...willing-to-die
OMG........... I have a very uneasy feeling that I know that woman's name rather well..........
Old Apr 15th 2011, 8:15 am
need a new teeshirt

The US embassy in the capital Manama on 14 April issued an advisory indicating that a demonstration was planned from 15.30 (local time) on the following day in the vicinity of the City Centre Mall

Not sure how this can actually happen with the military presence in the area
Old Apr 17th 2011, 6:45 am