Covid 19

Old Mar 25th 2020, 6:51 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid 19

Originally Posted by HiHo
True. sorry i forgot about that
I try to forget about it every day. 😂
Old Mar 25th 2020, 7:00 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FriendlyExpat
I'm aware of how useless the embassy normally is, but with enough public pressure they can be embarrassed into doing the right thing. e.g. a special plane is being put on to fly British expats out of Peru later this week. Why not Saudi / UAE??
I don't know why that is a special case, and I can only imagine someone is connected. But according to Sky news there are around 50,000 Brits stranded around the world right now, and zero planes, zero help from British embassies around the world apart from that one plane to Peru

You are not a tourist in trouble, you have a house, and a job, and money. You are right at the back of the queue.
Old Mar 25th 2020, 7:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by csdf
Maybe she should develop new markets...there are a lot of single men locked up at home at the moment.
And half bottles of nail varnish, as they only need to paint one hand.
Old Mar 26th 2020, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Look out for that visa amnesty...
https://www.thenational.ae/uae/uae-t...break-1.997473
Old Mar 26th 2020, 4:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

UAE Arrests 64 for breaking self quarantine

Dozens of people have been arrested for breaking mandatory self-quarantine in the UAE.

The Ministry of Interior said 64 people had been referred to federal prosecutors to face legal action after they ignored orders to stay at home.

The penalty for this is up to five years in prison, a fine of between Dh50,000 and Dh100,000, or both.
Old Mar 26th 2020, 6:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Great move from the Government. Quarantine is quarantine.
Old Mar 26th 2020, 6:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Great move from the Government. Quarantine is quarantine.
Absolutely, knowing you got the germ and not caring about who you infect could end up killing someone.
Old Mar 26th 2020, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

In Italy there were news articles saying that deliberate breaking of quarantine causing infection was being classified as attempted murder.
Old Mar 26th 2020, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

FriendlyExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
I don't know why that is a special case, and I can only imagine someone is connected. But according to Sky news there are around 50,000 Brits stranded around the world right now, and zero planes, zero help from British embassies around the world apart from that one plane to Peru

You are not a tourist in trouble, you have a house, and a job, and money. You are right at the back of the queue.
BA / Easyjet / Ryanair - even Flybe! and many other airlines have a load of planes sitting on tarmac rusting away and they're desperately in need of funds. The British Government should use some of the helicopter cash to pay them to fly people home. I really am amazed that they aren't doing this and it speaks to the lack of compassion / common sense of the current British government, and also the huge embassy cutbacks that were deployed a few years ago with predictable lack of capacity for unexpected situations like this.

There are a lot of people stuck in Saudi (and all over the world) and some of them will be in really serious trouble, perhaps even sleeping homeless / not having access to food. Many travelers have a limited budget and will have used it up. You should just get them all home ASAP in my view. Plenty of people out there crying for help, and if Germany and even Bangladesh can organise rescue planes, why can't we??

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/hea...k-home-2516479
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...us-cuts-routes
Old Mar 26th 2020, 9:46 am
Account Closed

In Italy there were news articles saying that deliberate breaking of quarantine causing infection was being classified as attempted murder.
I actually typed manslaughter in my post above yours but didn't want to be accused of overreacting

Originally Posted by FriendlyExpat
BA / Easyjet / Ryanair - even Flybe! and many other airlines have a load of planes sitting on tarmac rusting away and they're desperately in need of funds. The British Government should use some of the helicopter cash to pay them to fly people home. I really am amazed that they aren't doing this and it speaks to the lack of compassion / common sense of the current British government, and also the huge embassy cutbacks that were deployed a few years ago with predictable lack of capacity for unexpected situations like this.

There are a lot of people stuck in Saudi (and all over the world) and some of them will be in really serious trouble, perhaps even sleeping homeless / not having access to food. Many travelers have a limited budget and will have used it up. You should just get them all home ASAP in my view. Plenty of people out there crying for help, and if Germany and even Bangladesh can organise rescue planes, why can't we??

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/hea...k-home-2516479
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...us-cuts-routes
Problem is, what do you do with them for 14 days? A kind of nice 'prison' to quarantine them in? Was there enough time to get back with most countries giving notice of border closures? If you didn't heed that advice should you be a priority over helping those at home?
I don't disagree that people should be helped but there was a lot of warning over this. There's a lot of people stuck in a lot of places, how do they prioritise?
It's a shitty situation but perhaps local Embassy's could be useful in supporting people (they're typically not that helpful I understand though...)
Old Mar 26th 2020, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

I don't disagree that people should be helped but there was a lot of warning over this.
Exactly. We cancelled our Easter travel plans back in early February and we have no specific privileged information that wasn't available to the whole world. Anyone who deliberately chose to travel abroad after mid-February was really doing their best to ignore the obvious. The only people I can have some sympathy with are those on long-term gap-style trips who have been abroad for months.
Old Mar 26th 2020, 10:25 am
Account Closed

Exactly. We cancelled our Easter travel plans back in early February and we have no specific privileged information that wasn't available to the whole world. Anyone who deliberately chose to travel abroad after mid-February was really doing their best to ignore the obvious. The only people I can have some sympathy with are those on long-term gap-style trips who have been abroad for months.
True. If that was the case though, you still had some options. Someone could have helped if you didn't have the funds etc.
Mother came here en route to Thailand and I bullied her home, that was only a week ago she left but I was still nervous she was cutting it fine. Unfortunately, the UK and other countries trying to stay open for longer meant timing was tight and whoever blinked first and cancelled was the losing party in a lot of this. Still, better to be home, safe and comfortable than stuck elsewhere.
Old Mar 26th 2020, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

FriendlyExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

The lack of sympathy would be cold comfort to someone who is right now trapped in a life threatening situation somewhere overseas, even if they brought it upon themselves.
Old Mar 30th 2020, 4:48 am
Account Closed

When was the last time you went out?

For me it was last Tuesday, first thing for a 25min walk/jog. Not left the apartment since. A little stir crazy at the weekend, but more irritable than anything else, I combated this with shit films, a nap and some decluttering (7 bags of shit down the chute, woo!).
Old Mar 30th 2020, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

When was the last time you went out?

For me it was last Tuesday, first thing for a 25min walk/jog. Not left the apartment since. A little stir crazy at the weekend, but more irritable than anything else, I combated this with shit films, a nap and some decluttering (7 bags of shit down the chute, woo!).
Everyday to work

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.