Reload this Page >

Cost of UK passport set to increase

Cost of UK passport set to increase

Old Jul 10th 2009, 6:21 am
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cost of UK passport set to increase

Originally Posted by Euc-
Why do you pay?? If you are married they are obliged to issue a visit visa free of charge for your non-eu spouse.
Where do you get such information? Look on the UK Border Agency website and you will find that you have to pay. If I was Canadian or from some other more desirable country, maybe not.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shadya
Where do you get such information? Look on the UK Border Agency website and you will find that you have to pay. If I was Canadian or from some other more desirable country, maybe not.
In the European Law, get an immigration lawyer.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

In the European Law, get an immigration lawyer.
Actually, now I'm not sure if it is for a Schengen visa or European Union, let me check on that.

I do know for a fact that if you and your husband want to move to any country (Except for the home country of the EU Citizen) in the European Union they have to provide you with a 5 years residence permit free of charge.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Actually, now I'm not sure if it is for a Schengen visa or European Union, let me check on that.

I do know for a fact that if you and your husband want to move to any country (Except for the home country of the EU Citizen) in the European Union they have to provide you with a 5 years residence permit free of charge.
There is a thing in to your favor though, if your husband ever lived in another EU country for more then 6 months and can prove this, you can move to the UK straight away, no visa charges are allowed to be asked.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 8:35 am
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

I know it's true for a Schengen visa but this doesn't apply to the UK as far as I know.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

tevel3 is a jewel in the roughtevel3 is a jewel in the roughtevel3 is a jewel in the roughtevel3 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by coffindodger
Cost of passport set to increase
Holidaymakers face inflation-busting increases in passport fees.
The cost of an adult passport will rise £5.50, or 7%, to £77.50, the Home Office said.
Fewer people are going abroad as families tighten their belts in the recession, meaning applications for passports were 400,000 below the expected level.
The rises, which will come in to force in September, will see the price of a child passport increase £3 to £49.
Fast-track adult applications, which take a week, will cost 15% more, up £15.50 to £112.50.
Prices have shot up in the last decade. In 1997 a passport cost £18. In 2007 it cost £51 and by last year it was £72.
The cost increases are in part due to the inclusion of biometric technology to improve security.
A Home Office spokesman denied the increase was related to ID cards.
But shadow home Secretary, Chris Grayling, said: "This looks like a blatant attempt to bury part of the cost of the ID scheme in the price of a passport. The Government admits that it has no idea how many people will have to volunteer for ID cards before they cover their costs, so it looks like the cost is being lumped on to our passports."
Immigration Minister Phil Woolas said British passports were a "gold standard" in identity documents. "Since the last fee increase in 2007 the Identity and Passport Service has issued almost eight million first generation ePassports, containing secure chips holding an individual's passport details and facial biometric

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/article.as...ntid=148425215
thats insane, it's only a passport.
a very valuable one but still "just" a passport, 77 in the uk, and twice as much aboard.
i reckon in 2010 they're gonna try to enforce the new id card by forcing us to apply for combine deal which includes a new passport (with finger prints sorted inside) and id card.
you can always choose not to, but those who are seeking to travel to the US then going to need to apply for a visa, since the US authorities would probably only accept passports with finger prints....

hopefully whatever i wrote wont happen.

Last edited by tevel3; Jul 10th 2009 at 9:13 am.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 9:15 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
too bloody right...i just paid 745 dhs here, that's about £125...

MM, xx
me too....mine is with the British Embassy in Dubai.....AED 745...****ing highway robbers...no wonder the receptionist was dressed like Dick Turpin !
Old Jul 10th 2009, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BangleMan
me too....mine is with the British Embassy in Dubai.....AED 745...****ing highway robbers...no wonder the receptionist was dressed like Dick Turpin !
it's the supermarket style tills that made me double take
Old Jul 10th 2009, 1:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
lol, she must have had a day off when i was there...must say, it was all pretty efficient...

MM, xx