Cars in Qatar

Old Nov 10th 2012, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

mull is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cars in Qatar

Originally Posted by gottheTshirt
Qr 93000 you can get one for 69000 to 75000. You need trawl the shorooms to get the real prices.
Thanks the info is appreciated!!
Old Nov 10th 2012, 1:42 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SR6
Top answer mate ! but does it get the skids out of my boxers or not?
This I don't know, mate. I put boxers in the basket and get new ones from the drawer. I have absolutely no idea what happens in between.
Old Nov 10th 2012, 2:21 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gottheTshirt
Qr 93000 you can get one for 69000 to 75000. You need trawl the shorooms to get the real prices.
I rented an Altima this summer, cost QR 3,500/ month. They are reasonable cars, adequate aircon, only down side was uneven tyre wear and front wheel-spinning from the 2.5l engine. Good support from Nissan in Doha for the inevitable scrapes and bumps.

They were available from the Al Saad Nissan Dealer for QR65k during Ramadan, but as you say QR69k now. I think insurance was about 4% per year which the dealer will organise, as well as registering it for you with the Traffic Police.

I'd say an excellent buy for the streets of Doha.

[J]

Last edited by Johnnyboy11; Nov 10th 2012 at 2:25 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2012, 2:30 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Its not a bad car but its as dull as dishwater...........You may well fall asleep driving it.
Old Nov 10th 2012, 2:41 pm
SR6
Just Joined

SR6 has a spectacular aura aboutSR6 has a spectacular aura aboutSR6 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Its not a bad car but its as dull as dishwater...........You may well fall asleep driving it.
Exactly. I'm nearly sorted with a Ford Edge from a reputable source. Looks just the job. :-)
Old Nov 10th 2012, 3:04 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SR6
Exactly. I'm nearly sorted with a Ford Edge from a reputable source. Looks just the job. :-)
But where will the spare parts come from when you get rear-ended at the lights from a random Indian/ Filipino/ Qatari who happened to be texting at the time, then subsequently claimed that you reversed into them?

I'd stick with Nissan or Toyota out here.

[J]
Old Nov 10th 2012, 3:09 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Johnnyboy11
But where will the spare parts come from when you get rear-ended at the lights from a random Indian/ Filipino/ Qatari who happened to be texting at the time, then subsequently claimed that you reversed into them?

I'd stick with Nissan or Toyota out here.

[J]
The only parts that are a pain in the Arse to source is Audi VW. All others are a doddle. Nissan and Toyota are boring and crap dull motors............

Though if you are renting who gives a Shit, prang it send it back and get another one.................Simples
Old Nov 10th 2012, 3:26 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

I had it for 8 months. It's more exciting than Camry. But than again having herpes is more exciting than Camry.
Old Nov 10th 2012, 3:48 pm
SR6
Just Joined

SR6 has a spectacular aura aboutSR6 has a spectacular aura aboutSR6 has a spectacular aura about

The only parts that are a pain in the Arse to source is Audi VW. All others are a doddle. Nissan and Toyota are boring and crap dull motors............

Though if you are renting who gives a Shit, prang it send it back and get another one.................Simples
Again, exactly. Not my problem. Hirer says they will loan me a Lambo while the Ford is in the shop.........
Old Nov 10th 2012, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

mull is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Johnnyboy11
I rented an Altima this summer, cost QR 3,500/ month. They are reasonable cars, adequate aircon, only down side was uneven tyre wear and front wheel-spinning from the 2.5l engine. Good support from Nissan in Doha for the inevitable scrapes and bumps.

They were available from the Al Saad Nissan Dealer for QR65k during Ramadan, but as you say QR69k now. I think insurance was about 4% per year which the dealer will organise, as well as registering it for you with the Traffic Police.

I'd say an excellent buy for the streets of Doha.

[J]
Thanks Johnnyboy and everyone I really appreciate the information and a boring car will allow me time to put my makeup on as I drive to work!!!!!
Old Nov 10th 2012, 4:02 pm
Shark Fisherman

Originally Posted by mull
Thanks Johnnyboy and everyone I really appreciate the information and a boring car will allow me time to put my makeup on as I drive to work!!!!!
Spend a few grand more and get an x-trail. Still as dull as dishwater but a bit bigger and does not look like a Taxi.......
Old Nov 10th 2012, 4:52 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Originally Posted by mull
Whilst on the mobile phone, otherwise you'll attract attention...
Old Nov 10th 2012, 5:02 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Spend a few grand more and get an x-trail. Still as dull as dishwater but a bit bigger and does not look like a Taxi.......
I agree with this, for no other reason than in an X-trail you are less likely to have one of the Desert Dwellers driving over you in an out-of-control Landcruiser.

The greatest fear in my Nissan Sunny Classic rental