Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Accommodation in Doha

Accommodation in Doha

Old Nov 1st 2012, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

Maarz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Accommodation in Doha

Hi everyone. I am relocating to Doha in December and am currently looking for some accommodation. Can anyone recommend where I should look? My budget is around 4000QAR.
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all
Default Re: Accommodation in Doha

Originally Posted by Maarz
Hi everyone. I am relocating to Doha in December and am currently looking for some accommodation. Can anyone recommend where I should look? My budget is around 4000QAR.
There is nowhere for 4,000 QAR
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 10:41 am
Just Joined

Ammaar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gottheTshirt
There is nowhere for 4,000 QAR
Thanks for the reply.

What price should I expect to pay?

I only said 4000QAR as that is roughly what I'm paying here in London. What is a realistic price in Doha?
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

Depends what you are looking for and how you want to live . For a bachelor pad I suggest you budget at least QR 7000 with utilities.
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

dubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ammaar
Thanks for the reply.

What price should I expect to pay?

I only said 4000QAR as that is roughly what I'm paying here in London. What is a realistic price in Doha?
Sadly mate, there's no such thing as a realistic price in Doha. Accommodation, like most other things is many multiple times more expensive than most places, including London.

For QR4000 you'd be living somewhere almost uninhabitable. For QR7,000 you're in the realms of something half decent, albeit expect to share.
Old Nov 4th 2012, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

flood2 will become famous soon enoughflood2 will become famous soon enough

I am in the Ezdan suites in West Bay. Speaking to other guests that I have met, the price seems to vary between 5k for basic room to 8k for room with kitchen a month. It is a bit of a dump, but it is handy for West Bay hotels that serve beer. I get my bed /towels changed twice a week and they have laundry service. However, the price here is also shooting up late Nov/Dec due to the climate change conference that is on in Doha.

Looking at 1 bed apartments in West Bay they seem to run at around 11k+ for rent, so I am happy enough to be saving money in the Ezdan.
Old Nov 4th 2012, 8:15 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

For 5k you will get a half decent house share. I know someone that has just paid 4k a month for a room in a villa with 2 other brits. Add QR500 to that and its the bills and internet covered. You just need to hunt around.
Old Nov 5th 2012, 11:33 pm
Just Joined

Maarz is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys for all the replies, I appreciate it.

Ive been looking on various estate agent websites, but none of them seem to reply?

Any tips on where I should be looking?
Old Nov 7th 2012, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

dubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of light

Not with estate agents... Get yourself on the ground here in a serviced apt and then look from here. Estate agents are by and large a waste of time here.
Old Nov 7th 2012, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

And the reason why none of them return your calls is because your budget is 4k... Harsh but true!
Old Nov 8th 2012, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Ive been looking on various estate agent websites, but none of them seem to reply?

Well, I think with your budget you might have to resort looking at the classifieds on www.qatarliving.com
Be careful and good luck!
Old Nov 9th 2012, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

MaserMan is an unknown quantity at this point

I could sell you a tent
Old Nov 10th 2012, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

The agents will not reply to e -mails. The apartments advertised do not exist. The agets basically work independently on commission. They need to meet up with you somewhere then they will drag you all over Qatar showing you inapproprite properties that no one wants. With a budget of QR 4000 you will get no response at all.
Old Nov 10th 2012, 1:48 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

You need to sort a houseshare out yourself with your budget. Wait until you get here then look at dubizzle and to a lesser extent qatarliving. You will get something easy enough. If you want to live by yourself you will struggling though.
Old Nov 10th 2012, 5:14 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alexa
Well, I think with your budget you might have to resort looking at the classifieds on www.qatarliving.com
Be careful and good luck!
Or try the noticeboards at the Al Meera supermarkets. Depends what you are looking for, but QR6k/m minimum for a one bed, basic apartment in the city.

you could try the new Ezdan developments in Al Wakra/ Al Wakair to the south of Doha. These are new-build apartments and significantly cheaper, but at the expense of being out in the desert and with a commute into town.