Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Buying a watch in Dubai

Buying a watch in Dubai

Old Jul 31st 2014, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying a watch in Dubai

If you can get to Bahrain on a cheap flight then deals are to be had. I got my rolex and my boys Tag cheaper than in dxb
Just a thought
Old Jul 31st 2014, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

frequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to all

If you're buying a new Rolex, Saudi is cheapest followed by Bahrain then HK. Unless you know what you're doing then probably not best to buy outside of the authorised dealer network.

In terms of which watch, buy the one you like to most. Personally I like Rolex the best and they hold their money the best. I've never lost a penny on the two I've sold. If you buy IWC, Cartier, Omega, Panerai etc and want to sell then you take a pretty big hit.

PM if you want any further advise as I'm a bit of a watch geek!
Old Aug 1st 2014, 2:50 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone, some very useful advice!

The missus has a Rolex so was hoping for something different, in the past she mentioned she liked the Cartier ladies watches so that looks like the best option.

I went to MoE yesterday, but it was way too busy to attempt to shop.

It is for a 'push present' (I'd never heard of this until very recently), so not really an investment. I'm now thinking a necklace or earrings might be the easier option.
Old Aug 1st 2014, 3:08 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Thanks everyone, some very useful advice!

The missus has a Rolex so was hoping for something different, in the past she mentioned she liked the Cartier ladies watches so that looks like the best option.

I went to MoE yesterday, but it was way too busy to attempt to shop.

It is for a 'push present' (I'd never heard of this until very recently), so not really an investment. I'm now thinking a necklace or earrings might be the easier option.
What's a push present?
Old Aug 2nd 2014, 6:34 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
What's a push present?
Apparently women deserve a present for giving birth.
Old Aug 2nd 2014, 9:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Wow
Old Aug 2nd 2014, 11:05 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

i thought that was what an eternity ring was for? then again what the **** do i know