Burkini's are out

Old Aug 13th 2009, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Burkini's are out

Originally Posted by klaus3974
Well... the French citizens (Muslims or not) voted for the government that decides over the laws and regulations of the country. One of those regulations been the No Burkini.

The no burkini is NOT a law in France, if you read the article it says that she found another pool that allowed her to wear it with no prob.

If they do not like it, they can vote for another government in a few years. The citizens here (Muslims or not) do not have that privilege... as laws are dictated (and changed every day) by non elected figures that often have a very narrow mind about what is right or wrong.
We all know that the UAE is a benign dictatorship but truely..I don't have a problem with this.. I am a guest in this country and respect the rulers and their rules, they are actually fairly moderate and understanding, well in Dubai anyway.

For example, unless somebody flaunts the rules nobody is bothered if couples live together. Notwithstanding the recent codes of conduct..lots of expats of a "certain" nationality get away with lots of things

http://archive.gulfnews.com/articles.../10027928.html

This is a quote from the article below

Mohammad Yousuf, Deputy Director of the Dubai Courts Department, said while the Federal punitive law is implemented in the UAE, the situation is different in Dubai. The Tawajed or Tahseen Al Ma'asiya clause, he said, is not implemented in Dubai.

Unless you are doing something else to draw attention to you there is not a problem living together in Dubai. The same goes for lots of other rules and regulations..they are in place as a back up I think.
As long as you have all the nec paper work...res visa, work permit, booze license etc and you keep within the set boundries I think you will be fine.

Sorry OP I went a bit off track there