Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Being a nanny in Saudi!!!

Being a nanny in Saudi!!!

Old Oct 6th 2009, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

miuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Being a nanny in Saudi!!!

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
This isn't what she wants to hear - it never rains in Saudi
It never rains, but it bores.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 5:15 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by miuser2
It never rains, but it bores.
http://sandgetsinmyeyes.blogspot.com...-punishes.html
Old Oct 8th 2009, 4:43 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
My aunt was a nurse in Saudi, and she was treated like a whore because only whores would touch men right? She had a horrendous time, and had to abscond from her appartment, and all her belongings by "going on holiday" and not coming back because her employer (Riyadh Hospital) witheld her passport and her salary.

If you do decide to go Bernie, take your mother with you, so you can both assess the situation together.
Your aunts treatment was NOT normal for a nurse in Saudi - I should know, I lived there for 3 years and I married a Nurse who was working there also. I have heard of PRIVATE hospitals making nurses lives difficult but never in the government sector which is largest employer of foreign nurses.

Also - if they withheld her passport how did she get out without a passport/exit visa ?? What nationality was she also ?
Old Oct 8th 2009, 4:07 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
Your aunts treatment was NOT normal for a nurse in Saudi - I should know, I lived there for 3 years and I married a Nurse who was working there also. I have heard of PRIVATE hospitals making nurses lives difficult but never in the government sector which is largest employer of foreign nurses.

Also - if they withheld her passport how did she get out without a passport/exit visa ?? What nationality was she also ?
hoofie - what you have heard of and what my aunt experienced are different things.

she got out because her passport was released for her annual "holiday". she didnt quit, she just never came back.

she was European. I say "was" because she died last month of cancer.

any more questions?
Old Oct 21st 2009, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

JAGUARZALL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brilliantbernie
I am British and i am coming to Saudi to work as a nanny i would just like some advice about what goes on and what i can actually do. I have a driver at my beck and call and we are based in the compound in villa i am not sure if this a Saudi Compound or British Compound as the mum is from Saudi
It all seems quite scary but i am looking forward to coming over i will be working for 6 days a week and i have one day off! i am 25 years old and have been warned by the mum that there is not alot to do.

Please any info would be great!!
Thanks
Bernie
thats true that u need a visa to exit from saudia...an easy solution to this is to get multiple exit re-entry ehich allows u to exit n re-enter without ur employer's conscent.
in ur case it seems that ur mum is divorced....its a very common thing in saudia,so dont be afraid of this.
n yeah as far as gettin abused is concerned...they would hav got some asian nanny for this purpose !!way much cheaper...
im an expat here in jeddah n ive been livin here for last22 years...jeddah is much open n liberal as compared to riyadh..
the area u hav mentioned is probably not the correct one! get the correct name so we could tell u more about.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 4:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAGUARZALL
thats true that u need a visa to exit from saudia...an easy solution to this is to get multiple exit re-entry ehich allows u to exit n re-enter without ur employer's conscent.
in ur case it seems that ur mum is divorced....its a very common thing in saudia,so dont be afraid of this.
n yeah as far as gettin abused is concerned...they would hav got some asian nanny for this purpose !!way much cheaper...
im an expat here in jeddah n ive been livin here for last22 years...jeddah is much open n liberal as compared to riyadh..
the area u hav mentioned is probably not the correct one! get the correct name so we could tell u more about.

did you post this message via SMS?