Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Has anyone bounced a cheque on you?

Has anyone bounced a cheque on you?

Old Oct 21st 2009, 5:01 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Has anyone bounced a cheque on you?

I am curious to know if anyone has been the unfortunate recipient of a bounced cheque in the UAE and if they reported the other party to the police. If so, what was the final outcome.

Thanks

-
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 1:00 am
Just Joined

harrypic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Has anyone bounced a cheque on you?

I haven't, but I would hope, if it did happen to me, the other party would be banged up in Jail for quite a while.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 3:38 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by harrypic
I haven't, but I would hope, if it did happen to me, the other party would be banged up in Jail for quite a while.
I totally agree. And if someone prangs my car I'd expect them to get life without parole.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 4:53 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
I totally agree. And if someone prangs my car I'd expect them to get life without parole.

I don't know anyone Meow, but if it happened to me I would make a police report, people who don't pay up for services annoy me.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 5:50 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
I am curious to know if anyone has been the unfortunate recipient of a bounced cheque in the UAE and if they reported the other party to the police. If so, what was the final outcome.

Thanks

-
erm aye, remember my AED 5k deposit?? I still haven;t got that back from about a year ago.

Went to police station before I went back home and they gave me a letter to pass to his bank, just haven;t had time to go and do it - me and the guy had a big falling out and he said he was going to report me to the police, he was obviously trying to scare me off. Wånker.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 7:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

its a civil offence and thats how it should be dealt with. in the civil courts
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

GingerWizard is just really niceGingerWizard is just really niceGingerWizard is just really niceGingerWizard is just really niceGingerWizard is just really niceGingerWizard is just really niceGingerWizard is just really niceGingerWizard is just really nice

I had a company cheque issued to me which I thought had bounced but actually had new a signiture on signers bank that system didnt recognise, my bank issued the cheque 3 times before calling me and then requesting me to contact the signer or police, luckily for them I called the company rather than police and it was rectified but bring proof from your bank of the attempts to clear cheque and returns to police and file a report is what I was told by bank
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
erm aye, remember my AED 5k deposit?? I still haven;t got that back from about a year ago.

Went to police station before I went back home and they gave me a letter to pass to his bank, just haven;t had time to go and do it - me and the guy had a big falling out and he said he was going to report me to the police, he was obviously trying to scare me off. Wånker.
Are you going to file a complaint then?
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
its a civil offence and thats how it should be dealt with. in the civil courts
In UAE it's classed as a criminal offence.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 10:30 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soukie
Are you going to file a complaint then?
yeah I have done with the police, they gave me a letter for the bank, bank sends the police all the dudes details then hopefully they beat him half to death and throw him from a helicopter into an active volcano.

Or give me my 5k, whatever.