Bali

Old Oct 1st 2005, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

sarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Bali

Just heard on the news that Bali has had a series of bomb blasts again.....
Old Oct 1st 2005, 7:27 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bali

Originally Posted by sarah1
Just heard on the news that Bali has had a series of bomb blasts again.....
just fantastic, i'm supposed to go there in 2 weeks for a wedding
Old Oct 1st 2005, 8:03 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TA5
just fantastic, i'm supposed to go there in 2 weeks for a wedding
where about you going for the wedding in Bali TA5?
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 3:31 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by novita77
where about you going for the wedding in Bali TA5?
seminyak...
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 4:35 am
BE Enthusiast

sarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TA5
seminyak...
We are going to Jimbaran in 3 weeks, so far we have no plans to cancel.
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 5:45 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

Yea, i'm not sure about ours. From what I hear it is still on, but i'm having second doubts. Our advantage is that we have rented out the entire resort we are staying at, so anything out of the ordinary would be noticed. However, this is supposed to be a relaxing trip, and I just don't think i'd be able to relax while i'm there, and would probably be more stressed out than working for a week. Not sure though will make a decision in next couple of days.
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 5:56 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Whilst I do understand your predicament, surely by cancelling the trip, you are giving in to the bombers. Having lived and worked in London during many bombing campaigns, if it was me, I'd go, Bali is such a beautiful place. After all surely security will be even tighter now, and who wants to go to Kuta anyway? so tacky. Jimbran bay on the other hand is magical - as are the hotels there. Just enjoy your resort, avoid Kuta and enjoy Bali (The water palace is an absolute must).
Originally Posted by TA5
Yea, i'm not sure about ours. From what I hear it is still on, but i'm having second doubts. Our advantage is that we have rented out the entire resort we are staying at, so anything out of the ordinary would be noticed. However, this is supposed to be a relaxing trip, and I just don't think i'd be able to relax while i'm there, and would probably be more stressed out than working for a week. Not sure though will make a decision in next couple of days.
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 11:33 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MJC
Having lived and worked in London during many bombing campaigns, if it was me, I'd go, Bali is such a beautiful place
Agree 100%. I worked in London during the American-funded (sorry Tom! ) IRA bombing campaigns of the late 80s/early 90s, and you just got on with life as normal. But that's how us Brits are made, really

As Mike says, security now is likely to be much, much tighter. That is unfortunately how it tends to work; a terrorist incident takes place, security is tightened, years pass, everyone becomes a bit complacent, security is relaxed and there's another bombing, so security is tightened...
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 11:52 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

Originally Posted by GarethR
Agree 100%. I worked in London during the American-funded (sorry Tom! ) IRA bombing campaigns of the late 80s/early 90s, and you just got on with life as normal. But that's how us Brits are made, really

As Mike says, security now is likely to be much, much tighter. That is unfortunately how it tends to work; a terrorist incident takes place, security is tightened, years pass, everyone becomes a bit complacent, security is relaxed and there's another bombing, so security is tightened...
You really are a jealous, angry person who just can't let something go, I really feel sorry you have to go through life like this.

I agree with your second point and that's part of the reason i'm probably going to go. Unfortunately in Indonesia's case it will be interesting to see what people say seeing that the bombings are being claimed by the same group, Jemaa Islamiya who just had their leader and agents pardoned by the indonesian government for the first bali bombing.

Last edited by TA5; Oct 2nd 2005 at 11:58 am.
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 11:59 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TA5
shame if you have to cancel. The balinese people need tourists money for their living. But then again if it was me I will defenitely keep away from that place for now.

I am sure now rupiahs will collapse against the dollar ... and you can live like a king in Bali ...
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 12:10 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TA5
You really are a jealous, angry person who just can't let something go
Americans really do need to grow up, wake up, smell the coffee, and realise that the reason people from other wealthy countries say negative things about America is *not* jealousy.

More often than not, it's actually pity!

But on the subject of the IRA, I'm sorry to have to inform you that millions of American dollars funded terrorist bombing campaigns in the UK. The money was largely raised through the organisation called Noraid (the Irish Northern Aid Committee), which actively pursued fundraising activities in the States since 1969, usually getting money from those Americans who like to insist on calling themselves "Irish", even though they've never been to Ireland and their closest relative who actually *was* born in Ireland left there 200 years ago.

Successive British governments tried to persuade successive American governments to declare Noraid an illegal organisation, but without much luck. Hundreds of British people died at the hands of IRA because American governments didn't want to upset parts of the Irish-American lobby.

But let me guess, Tom... that's all news to you, right?

Last edited by Eeyore; Oct 2nd 2005 at 12:18 pm.
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 1:01 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

Originally Posted by GarethR
Americans really do need to grow up, wake up, smell the coffee, and realise that the reason people from other wealthy countries say negative things about America is *not* jealousy.

More often than not, it's actually pity!

But on the subject of the IRA, I'm sorry to have to inform you that millions of American dollars funded terrorist bombing campaigns in the UK. The money was largely raised through the organisation called Noraid (the Irish Northern Aid Committee), which actively pursued fundraising activities in the States since 1969, usually getting money from those Americans who like to insist on calling themselves "Irish", even though they've never been to Ireland and their closest relative who actually *was* born in Ireland left there 200 years ago.

Successive British governments tried to persuade successive American governments to declare Noraid an illegal organisation, but without much luck. Hundreds of British people died at the hands of IRA because American governments didn't want to upset parts of the Irish-American lobby.

But let me guess, Tom... that's all news to you, right?
And this has to do with the topic. Seems you have a real problem with running at the mouth, you must not have been paid much attention as a child.

Can you tell me WHAT THE **** THIS HAS TO DO WITH BALI, INDONESIA?
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 1:19 pm
semarang

have u paid for the hotel? you should have a better deal now. The hotel in Bali will desperate to attract people to stay, i wont be surprise if they will half give away their room.
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 1:21 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

Originally Posted by novita77
have u paid for the hotel? you should have a better deal now. The hotel in Bali will desperate to attract people to stay, i wont be surprise if they will half give away their room.
We rented out an entire hotel in seminyak and got a great deal including breakfast and 'all the water we can drink' ha, as well as transfers.
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 1:29 pm
Soupy twist

Can you tell me WHAT THE **** THIS HAS TO DO WITH BALI, INDONESIA?
Quite a lot, really. It's all about not letting terrorists win when they hit soft tourist targets.

And I have to say, I do enjoy highlighting your ignorance of your own country...

There was a period in the 80s when American tourism to the UK dropped as a result of the IRA bombing campaigns. The British media made the point that the IRA depended on America for the majority of its funding and if Americans stopped giving money to Noraid - or, preferably, if the American government finally agreed to make Noraid illegal - then the IRA would be crippled and American tourists would have less to worry about...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.