Bali

Old Oct 2nd 2005, 1:35 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bali

Originally Posted by GarethR
Quite a lot, really. It's all about not letting terrorists win when they hit soft tourist targets.

And I have to say, I do enjoy highlighting your ignorance of your own country...

There was a period in the 80s when American tourism to the UK dropped as a result of the IRA bombing campaigns. The British media made the point that the IRA depended on America for the majority of its funding and if Americans stopped giving money to Noraid - or, preferably, if the American government finally agreed to make Noraid illegal - then the IRA would be crippled and American tourists would have less to worry about...
Sorry Gareth ... wrong thread

Appologize I couldn't resist this ...
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 1:36 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TA5
We rented out an entire hotel in seminyak and got a great deal including breakfast and 'all the water we can drink' ha, as well as transfers.
so ... u torn between go there for cheap hols with the possibility might got blown up or go somewhere else???
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 1:49 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarethR
Quite a lot, really. It's all about not letting terrorists win when they hit soft tourist targets.

And I have to say, I do enjoy highlighting your ignorance of your own country...

There was a period in the 80s when American tourism to the UK dropped as a result of the IRA bombing campaigns. The British media made the point that the IRA depended on America for the majority of its funding and if Americans stopped giving money to Noraid - or, preferably, if the American government finally agreed to make Noraid illegal - then the IRA would be crippled and American tourists would have less to worry about...

lets not forget that this funding was only finally brought to an end AFTER Sept. 11. when the chickens came home to roost.
Also of note is the fact that during the IRA's campaign of terror the UK did not call on NATO whining that an attack on one is an attack on all.
Please dont get me wrong, i do not condon terrorism in any way.

PS i too enjoy TA5 baiting.....its so fun...
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 1:53 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
lets not forget that this funding was only finally brought to an end AFTER Sept. 11
Well, as far as America was concerned, terrorism didn't exist before 9/11, did it?
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 1:56 pm
semarang

Originally Posted by shiva
lets not forget that this funding was only finally brought to an end AFTER Sept. 11. when the chickens came home to roost.
Also of note is the fact that during the IRA's campaign of terror the UK did not call on NATO whining that an attack on one is an attack on all.
Please dont get me wrong, i do not condon terrorism in any way.

PS i too enjoy TA5 baiting.....its so fun...
u guys really enjoy winding him up, aren't u?
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 1:56 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by novita77
so ... u torn between go there for cheap hols with the possibility might got blown up or go somewhere else???
Gareth, you live a petty, lame, fat existence, I really do feel sorry for your anger. Really, it's sad to see somebody as angry as you.

Novita,

I'm not at all torn about the money, my plane ticket is fully refundable and i believe the hotel is as well up to 72 hours before arrival. Cheap hol is not necessary.

The possibility of getting blown up is the main thing. I lived in washington and worked in an office overlooking the white house as my last job, pretty much dead center in any terrorists sights. I watched the plane fly into the pentagon from my window, and walked the 5 miles out of DC on foot as they wouldn't allow any cars on the roads. I kept working there, albeit with a gas mask, radiation suit, and KI pills in my desk. I'm paranoid, but whereas others would say, 'what can you do' i'd be at least somewhat prepared. I had no problem with that, you move on, you deal with it, what else are you going to do. Going on hol to a place, as a westerner, 2 weeks after a terrorist attack targeting westerners is a little different, I see it more as an potential 'unneccesary and unrequired risk' that I wouldn't miss so much as I probably wouldn't be relaxed when i was there, and isn't that what vacation is all about, relaxing and being care-free?

Last edited by TA5; Oct 2nd 2005 at 1:59 pm.
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 1:59 pm
semarang

Originally Posted by TA5

Novita,

I'm not at all torn about the money, my plane ticket is fully refundable and i believe the hotel is as well up to 72 hours before arrival. Cheap hol is not necessary.

The possibility of getting blown up is the main thing. I lived in washington and worked in an office overlooking the white house as my last job, pretty much dead center in any terrorists sights. I watched the plane fly into the pentagon from my window, and walked the 5 miles out of DC on foot as they wouldn't allow any cars on the roads. I kept working there, albeit with a gas mask, radiation suit, and KI pills in my desk. I'm paranoid, but whereas others would say, 'what can you do' i'd be at least somewhat prepared. I had no problem with that, you move on, you deal with it, what else are you going to do. Going on hol to a place, as a westerner, 2 weeks after a terrorist attack targeting westerners is a little different, I see it more as an potential 'unneccesary and unrequired risk' that I wouldn't miss so much as I probably wouldn't be relaxed when i was there, and isn't that what vacation is all about, relaxing and being care-free?
TA5,

i know what u mean exactly ... whats the point for having a holiday if you are not feeling safe.

You should go somewhere else ... maybe like Malaysia or Thailand. But then again your friend wedding must be all booked and confirm. Is it too late to change?
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 2:00 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

TA5,

i know what u mean exactly ... whats the point for having a holiday if you are not feeling safe.

You should go somewhere else ... maybe like Malaysia or Thailand. But then again your friend wedding must be all booked and confirm. Is it too late to change?
Problem is the whole thing is based around a Dubai based friend's wedding...
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 2:01 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TA5
Gareth, you live a petty, lame, fat existence, I really do feel sorry for your anger. Really, it's sad to see somebody as angry as you. But anytime you want to talk about your problem or try to work on your anger problem with seemingly every american out there, I'd be glad to meet you anywhere and beat the living shit out of you.

and we have a winner......

lame, fat existence..thats a bit rich coming from a boy who represents the laziest, most overweight and generally overindulging society around, well since perhaps the romans

resorting to violence...ahhh the good old american way.....if you disagree with em, just kill em...
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 2:02 pm
semarang

Originally Posted by TA5
Problem is the whole thing is based around a Dubai based friend's wedding...
depend how good your friend is ... Is it worth to miss her/his wedding for your safety?
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

sarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to behold

Hey guys, maybe we should think about all the people that have been killed or injured instead of pointless bickering, its get us nowhere.
I too am going on holiday to Bali at the end of the month and so far have no plans to cancel......
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 2:17 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TA5
Gareth, you live a petty, lame, fat existence, I really do feel sorry for your anger. Really, it's sad to see somebody as angry as you
Tom, since you refuse to debate, just answer me this : did you know that the IRA got most of its money from America?

Don't panic, I just want a simple "yes" or "no" answer. No actual debating necessary!
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 2:24 pm
semarang

Originally Posted by sarah1
Hey guys, maybe we should think about all the people that have been killed or injured instead of pointless bickering, its get us nowhere.
I too am going on holiday to Bali at the end of the month and so far have no plans to cancel......
how long again u will be there Sarah?
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

sarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to behold

how long again u will be there Sarah?
We are going on the 27th for 2 weeks.
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 2:28 pm
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarah1
Sarah hope you have a fantastic time and as Gareth said in an earlier thread the security will be at it's highest. We've been to Kuta Beach and it was a dump,so best to avoid anyway!

Zannie xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.