baggage allowance

Old Jun 4th 2007, 4:30 pm
W10

Default Re: baggage allowance

See above - I think Qatar is the best airline in the Middle East, but I imagine that will change over time as they expand.

Whoever measured the seats on emirates to claim that their econ seat pitch is 31" is obviously the same guy who draws the buildings in the marina which show no other buildings near them. A man with a vivid imagination.

Old Jun 4th 2007, 5:48 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
See above - I think Qatar is the best airline in the Middle East, but I imagine that will change over time as they expand.

Whoever measured the seats on emirates to claim that their econ seat pitch is 31" is obviously the same guy who draws the buildings in the marina which show no other buildings near them. A man with a vivid imagination.
I flew to Hong Kong with BA in cattle class, and I'm 6' 2". It wasn't very pleasant.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Knoblet
20Kg and ONE suitcase. Anymore and they will charge you even if total weight is 20Kg.
Knoblet you forgot the killer in this.

It's not that 20 kg is your baggage limit - it's that any ONE piece cannot exceed 20 kg.

So you can't pack 22 kg in one suitcase and pay an excess rate on the 2 kh like in the 'old' days.

Instead, you are *forced* to repack into two separate hold items, and pay a heavy penalty on the second item (regardless of weight). When they started it was GBP 30 for domestic, 60 European and 120 long-haul (each way)

Interestingly, as with EK, golf/sporting equpment is free.

I was in the UK when BA came up with this brilliant scheme (apparently in the name of a 'simpler' baggage policy. there was a particular hue and cry from those who may have trouble carrying a single 20 kg piece (infirm, perhaps elderly) - but could quite easily pick up their 2 x 10 kg items from baggage collection.

end of the day - if one piece is more than 20 kg they won't accept it.

This was the published rule. I have no idea how strictly they enforce it but knowing BA...

I think flights to USA are unaffected and they keep to their 2-piece policy because of US government (?) policy.