Babies born in UK

Old Aug 31st 2012, 6:57 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Babies born in UK

Originally Posted by norsk
The problem with anecdotal evidence is that it is not necessarily correct....

I've lived in the UK for long enough to know what it's like buddy. I was in fact one of those awful foreigners who took a high paying job away from someone British. I also used the NHS on one or two occasions....

Out of interest what's your solution? Deport all foreigners from the UK?
Come on now...you're above logical fallacies regardless of if you agree or disagree with someone.

No one has suggested mass deportations have they? They are just exercising their right as Britons to moan and moan to their heart's content.

N.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 8:08 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, Norm. Even if one disagrees with you, one has to admire your tenacity...it's like a carpet bombing of Norm posts on this forum tonight!
Old Aug 31st 2012, 8:09 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Come on now...you're above logical fallacies regardless of if you agree or disagree with someone.

No one has suggested mass deportations have they? They are just exercising their right as Britons to moan and moan to their heart's content.

N.
No politician with any ambition has suggested it as they would be labelled racists and not taken seriously afterwards, but I am pretty sure the concept has been toyed with by quite a few in private.

I completely agree with medical tourism being a bad thing, but I have a massive problem when someone says that all foreigners living in the UK are using services to which they are not entitled including NHS.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 8:40 pm
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be more concerned about the long term cultural, ethnic and social implications for Britain than money and houses. Where are they from? Do they integrate into Britain or fuel further Balkanisation in Britain? Call me silly but I don't want my grandchildren to be in a civil war based on race, religion or culture in their ancestral homelands.

N.
As someone pointed out earlier integration has been deemed a non starter hence the use of the word diversity. Every time I hear the word diversity being used it reinforces the failure of multiculturalism.

You are absolutely right to say that the concerns are bigger than housing and money. These are the triggers though that will cause people to wake up, along with the fact that within 15 years white English births will account for less that 50% of babies born in the UK.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 8:50 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Wow, Norm. Even if one disagrees with you, one has to admire your tenacity...it's like a carpet bombing of Norm posts on this forum tonight!
Bloody insomnia...and you're up late too

This will later be used as evidence to insist wives and girlfriends don't go to be early leaving their men up with lots of grog and the internet.

N.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by norsk
No politician with any ambition has suggested it as they would be labelled racists and not taken seriously afterwards, but I am pretty sure the concept has been toyed with by quite a few in private.

I completely agree with medical tourism being a bad thing, but I have a massive problem when someone says that all foreigners living in the UK are using services to which they are not entitled including NHS.
Even talking immigration seems to be a political career killer these days. That said we can see so called right wingers (people who talk about borders, culture, nation state, ethnicity are right wingers now in Europe) are getting more votes, and not just from the working class folk who read the Mail apparently.

I think if people work in Britain and pay the same taxes everyone else they should have access the NHS. If they are not working it should be part of the visit visa process that they have proper medical insurance...

N.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by Fossildog
As someone pointed out earlier integration has been deemed a non starter hence the use of the word diversity. Every time I hear the word diversity being used it reinforces the failure of multiculturalism.

You are absolutely right to say that the concerns are bigger than housing and money. These are the triggers though that will cause people to wake up, along with the fact that within 15 years white English births will account for less that 50% of babies born in the UK.
Diversity only applies in white majority countries - ever notice that? No one tells the Chinese, Koreans, Japanese or Arabs they are not 'diverse' enough.

Multiculturalism hinders integration, rubbishes immigrants who do want to fit in and blend in (and many do - they go to Britain precisely for the values, culture and history). It also rubbishes the natives just as much - yes, it's a huge social experiment failure our children and grandchildren will have to deal with.

I am always weary of birth rate projections as they assume current trends will continue - which they rarely do. That said there is clearly a demographic time bomb in Britain waiting to go off if it's not dealt with.

N.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 9:00 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody insomnia...and you're up late too

This will later be used as evidence to insist wives and girlfriends don't go to be early leaving their men up with lots of grog and the internet.

N.
Not really, it's only 11pm here in the Netherlands. And it's the veekend. There's more Hertog Jan to be imbibed yet!
Old Aug 31st 2012, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Not really, it's only 11pm here in the Netherlands. And it's the veekend. There's more Hertog Jan to be imbibed yet!
It's only 1am here - if I was out I would just about be starting to feel the booze tickle my toes.

Do they have booze in the Netherlands? I did try some Dutch stuff they called beer but I am sure it was a label misprint for tea or something

N.