Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Attestation of Degree, Marriage & Kids Birth Certificates

Attestation of Degree, Marriage & Kids Birth Certificates

Old May 28th 2008, 11:44 am
Banned

zuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nice
Default Re: Attestation of Degree, Marriage & Kids Birth Certificates

Hi

I am moving out in a couple of weeks to take up a government job. They told me just bring your certificate and experience certificate (reference letter) - zero else.

From what I understand - you can have eveything done in the UAE by the British Embassy.

Last edited by zuzu143; May 28th 2008 at 11:47 am.
Old May 28th 2008, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

dramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by zuzu143
Hi

I am moving out in a couple of weeks to take up a government job. They told me just bring your certificate and experience certificate (reference letter) - zero else.

From what I understand - you can have eveything done in the UAE by the British Embassy.
i'd double check with the HR dept if i were you as thats not my understanding... and i got my visa issued no problem (read previous post on this thread for that info)
Old May 28th 2008, 2:07 pm
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I work for the UAE government, and I had to have everything attested before I came over. If I were you, I wouldn't take any chances and have everything sorted before you come over. Remember that you can't even open a bank account without a Residence Visa, so the sooner the HR department are onto it, the better.
Old May 28th 2008, 2:42 pm
Banned

zuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sam FTQ
I work for the UAE government, and I had to have everything attested before I came over. If I were you, I wouldn't take any chances and have everything sorted before you come over. Remember that you can't even open a bank account without a Residence Visa, so the sooner the HR department are onto it, the better.
Hi

What do you exactly mean by 'everything'?
Old May 28th 2008, 2:51 pm
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

What do you exactly mean by 'everything'?
Degree certificates, marriage certificate, child's birth certificate.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 11:15 am
Just Joined

Pappa_lazarou is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sam FTQ
Degree certificates, marriage certificate, child's birth certificate.
Oish, I've just been offered a job in Dubai (my first post, hi everyone) and face this task. Luckily I live in London and I'm currently unemployed so plenty of time on my hands to wait in queues.

My question is:

My degree is from a NZ university (Lincoln) so is there any point in me getting that attested at the FCO? Or do I need to go to the NZ Embassy instead?

I also lucked out and have a formal copy of my academic record showing all my course grades so with any luck that will save me having to wait for a copy to be posted.

Another question: Do professional qualification certificates need to be attested as well? I have potentially three that are relevant to my job.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 11:21 am
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

You are my Wife now Dave...
Old Nov 21st 2008, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

highlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pappa_lazarou
Oish, I've just been offered a job in Dubai (my first post, hi everyone) and face this task. Luckily I live in London and I'm currently unemployed so plenty of time on my hands to wait in queues.

My question is:

My degree is from a NZ university (Lincoln) so is there any point in me getting that attested at the FCO? Or do I need to go to the NZ Embassy instead?

I also lucked out and have a formal copy of my academic record showing all my course grades so with any luck that will save me having to wait for a copy to be posted.

Another question: Do professional qualification certificates need to be attested as well? I have potentially three that are relevant to my job.
have just finished it with my nz degree

original cert must be snt to NZ to be notarised by a notary public . you then have to send it to the dept ot internal affairs who will check this and then pass it on to the dept of foreign affairs

for a fee they can courier to the UAE embassy in canberra to have it attested

your prof quals do not need attesting

http://www.dia.govt.nz/diawebsite.ns...x?OpenDocument
Old Nov 21st 2008, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by NedKelly63
You are my Wife now Dave...
Originally Posted by highlander393
have just finished it with my nz degree

original cert must be snt to NZ to be notarised by a notary public. you then have to send it to the dept ot internal affairs who will check this and then pass it on to the dept of foreign affairs

for a fee they can courier to the UAE embassy in canberra to have it attested

http://www.dia.govt.nz/diawebsite.ns...x?OpenDocument

"Oh, this is just a saga now! I’m going to toilet, Dave…but I’ll be back in a moment."

How long did all this faff take? I'm considering a UK job offer that offers considerably less but its a cushy number and stable. I thought I'd made a decision but I really cannot face another 4-6 weeks not earning.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

BTW, I'm based in the UK at the moment.

I've had a word to my potential Dubai based employer and they'll be looking into ways of expediting the process. They might even just fly me over and send me around the various Govt Departments to get the various authorisations.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

highlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to all

i also organised it from the UK not difficult just time consuming
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by highlander393
i also organised it from the UK not difficult just time consuming
Fair enough, on further reflection the contract I was being offered basically took me out to Dubai at my own risk for the duration of the probation period and yet they weren't willing to offer me peace of mind in exchange. And lets not even start on their skeptical starting position in regards to my cv and references.

So nuts to them. They're telling me others have signed the contract, but I'm inclined to think 'more fool them' considering the uncertain economic climate at the moment.

Thanks for your help anyway people.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

Superdry is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys,

Managed to get my degree stamped by my notary to say its an original etc and then off the to the FCO in Milton keynes, after that i managed to get to the UAE embassy in London for the stamp

Placed passport photocopies and passport photos (white background) and attested degree in envelope...

Having done all this i had them DHL'd over to my employer out in Dubai, what does the process involve in Dubai? How long does it take?

Its just that i want to purchase my 1 way ticket, however i was advised not to do that until the visa was issued etc since they wouldnt let me into the country with my oneway ticket unless it was sorted? True?

thanks in advance
Old Nov 24th 2008, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

If you're in the construction industry, now is probably NOT the best time to relocate.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

jamesdownes1 is an unknown quantity at this point

just to ask another question on this, how do you find a solicitor that can verify the degree?

I've rang round a few and they havent got a clue what i'm talking about, they said they can photocopy it and sign that but thats it? would that be enough?

the only other way is through a notary but the nearest ones 20+ miles away and wants to charge me £50