Reload this Page >

Attestation of Degree, Marriage & Kids Birth Certificates

Attestation of Degree, Marriage & Kids Birth Certificates

Old Apr 29th 2008, 7:00 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Attestation of Degree, Marriage & Kids Birth Certificates

Originally Posted by dramaqueen
ps: another new rule is you need to provide proof of all your marks throughout your course from your degree (or whatever you are providing as your education certificate)
Are you serious? I don't even recall having to get my degrees verified by anybody...
Old Apr 29th 2008, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

mais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nicemais91 is just really nice

Thanks for the information very helpful. Looks like a day in London will take a book
Old Apr 29th 2008, 7:59 pm
around

w1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lionheart
Are you serious? I don't even recall having to get my degrees verified by anybody...
Hi all
after reading this you got me worried. I to was married in 02 in gibraltar think thats bit ok. But i never changed my name will that be a problem over in uae. still in limbo whats going work wises who cares . But this comes real n so on . should i well be nice wife change my name keep the peace make life more simple . As im happy way things are Fact is gona cost heaps money change everything over . Not had any problems so far as we bought house overseas fact they ok with it . Ive been on the fco website trying uae embassy as well .Is there any other website or phone number so i can find out . Didnt have any problems when we in dubai . im of to spain next month nip over gib any paperwork ill just get it . so anyone got any ideas part from shooting me . or will be just show the paperwork that we are hitch.
wildcat
Old Apr 29th 2008, 9:11 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

well I don't think you need them for a roadsweeper
Old Apr 29th 2008, 9:12 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishwildcat
Hi all
after reading this you got me worried. I to was married in 02 in gibraltar think thats bit ok. But i never changed my name will that be a problem over in uae. still in limbo whats going work wises who cares . But this comes real n so on . should i well be nice wife change my name keep the peace make life more simple . As im happy way things are Fact is gona cost heaps money change everything over . Not had any problems so far as we bought house overseas fact they ok with it . Ive been on the fco website trying uae embassy as well .Is there any other website or phone number so i can find out . Didnt have any problems when we in dubai . im of to spain next month nip over gib any paperwork ill just get it . so anyone got any ideas part from shooting me . or will be just show the paperwork that we are hitch.
wildcat
No pretty sure as long as you have your marriage certificate it'll be ok
Old Apr 29th 2008, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

dramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to all

yep new rule - u not only need the certificate attested but now u need the "marks" attested as well
thankfully i had a kept the letter they gave me at the end of my degree with my certificate....
Old Apr 30th 2008, 2:58 pm
Shazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

shazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to all

Oh God.... this is all such a BIG headache!

I just recently got a job in dubai and they have asked me to get my degree certificates attested and legalised. I already went to a solicitor close to my home and he attested them for me, charge £5 for the first document then £2 for the others though all the other solicitors I rang up charge £5 for each document.

I have now posted my certificates to the FCO, each document costing £27. On the website they did say they shall be returned within 3 weeks, I'm hoping earlier as I'm a teacher and cannot take a day off to go to London and hand them in directly. Just waiting for the certificates to be returned now and then send them to the UAE embassy. They will cost £20 each but different documents cost different amounts.

I am getting married in the beginning of August abroad and start work in dubai towards the end of august. What do I do with my marriage certificate as im not heading back to the UK after my marriage but moving directly from the country where I shall get married.

My new employer wants my documents by the end of may... I do hope the FCO send them to me a.s.a.p.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 3:16 pm
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shazia710
What do I do with my marriage certificate as im not heading back to the UK after my marriage but moving directly from the country where I shall get married.
It needs to be attested, etc. in the country in which you get married. So you need to stay in the country where you are getting married until it is issued.

Yes, it is all a big headache, but will be so worth it, trust me.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 3:28 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fairydust
well I don't think you need them for a roadsweeper
Cheeky monkey...Lionheart BA(Hons), MBA, FCII, FCILA...the last two qualifications having taken 5yrs and 9yrs respectively.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

dramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by shazia710
Oh God.... this is all such a BIG headache!

I just recently got a job in dubai and they have asked me to get my degree certificates attested and legalised. I already went to a solicitor close to my home and he attested them for me, charge £5 for the first document then £2 for the others though all the other solicitors I rang up charge £5 for each document.

I have now posted my certificates to the FCO, each document costing £27. On the website they did say they shall be returned within 3 weeks, I'm hoping earlier as I'm a teacher and cannot take a day off to go to London and hand them in directly. Just waiting for the certificates to be returned now and then send them to the UAE embassy. They will cost £20 each but different documents cost different amounts.

I am getting married in the beginning of August abroad and start work in dubai towards the end of august. What do I do with my marriage certificate as im not heading back to the UK after my marriage but moving directly from the country where I shall get married.

My new employer wants my documents by the end of may... I do hope the FCO send them to me a.s.a.p.
sams right - get it attested in the country you get married in..

doing the FCO thing by post takes longer (if you ring the phone line of the FCO they will tell you what date of post they have opened up to - so that will give you some idea on process timings.... the queues were long when i went so i wouldnt expect a speedy turnaround) and once they are back from the FCO you will then need to send them to the UAE embassy.... was well worth the day off to get it all done in a day..

moving countries is always about red tape - and u will face more stuff than this so my advice would be to relax a bit - it will all happen in the end.... and sometimes making a bit of time to do stuff can give you some peace of mind too
Old Apr 30th 2008, 4:08 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Cheeky monkey...Lionheart BA(Hons), MBA, FCII, FCILA...the last two qualifications having taken 5yrs and 9yrs respectively.
Where did you get your MBA?
Old Apr 30th 2008, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

andrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mais91
I am moving out to AD soon and have just been told I need to get my degree certificate attested by the Ministry of Education in the UK followed by Foreign Affairs and then by the UAE Embassy in the UK.

I also need to get my marriage certificate notarised by a public notary and attested by the UK Ministry of Foreign Affairs and then the UAE Embassy. Same with the kids birth certificates.

I need to get this sorted as quickly as possible but cant find out the best way of achieving this. Is it a case of making a trip to London and just calling in at these various government departments or do you need to make an appointment or what??!! Also do they charge?

Help!!!!!
Try Blair Consular Services +44 (0)1784 254123 - they do all our consular work and attestation. Obviously this comes at a price but no queuing, waiting etc.
Old May 27th 2008, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

SkyBlueBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Went to get my degree attested today. Bloody nightmare. FCO was shut! had to take the day off work and cost me £70 on the train all in. Gutted. Having to go down friday now.

Just a few pointers though that i learned:
1) Make sure you check its open!
2) The FCO legislation office is directly to the back of the FCO office and near aadmriltyarch.
3) No matter how much you try to bribe the UAE embassy you need to get it signed by the FCO
4) Its £30 at the embassy to get it done in one day but you have to hand it in before 1pm!
5) you only need your degree certificate signed and not the marks sheet aswell

Hope you have better look than me.
Old May 28th 2008, 9:45 am
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glennwaters
Went to get my degree attested today. Bloody nightmare. FCO was shut!
That's terrible - you poor thing! Why on earth were they shut?
Old May 28th 2008, 10:39 am
Shazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

shazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to allshazia710 is a name known to all

I've finally got all my certificates attested by a solicitor, FCO and UAE embassy, not just gota send them to my employers a.s.a.p.

I did everything by post. Damn FCO took over 2 weeks but the UAE embassy were very efficient. They received it on the monday and I had them back on thursday.

I'm now stressing on how earth I am going to take all my things to Dubai.... my eyes go all funny just looking at the stuff in my room.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.