Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

apartment or villa in compound in Riyadh

apartment or villa in compound in Riyadh

Old Jul 8th 2010, 9:35 am
Just Joined

pioneer978 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default apartment or villa in compound in Riyadh

Hi all, am new in Riyadh and looking for accomodation for me and my wife and one kid . am trying to find something in a compound but i could not till now. so, please if anyone know about this issue please help me ....thx
Old Jul 8th 2010, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

remo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: apartment or villa in compound in Riyadh

Originally Posted by pioneer978
Hi all, am new in Riyadh and looking for accomodation for me and my wife and one kid . am trying to find something in a compound but i could not till now. so, please if anyone know about this issue please help me ....thx
try Sedar compound, http://www.sedervillage.com/
Old Jul 8th 2010, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by remo
try Sedar compound, http://www.sedervillage.com/
also this info would be useful

Seder Village

Contact Numbers
Telephone: +966 1 228 0000
Fax: +966 1 228 0000 x 2002

Extensions
Sales: 3050
Billing: 4005
Maintenance: 2069
Security: 2058
Recreation: 3029
Taxi: 3005

Location Address
P. O. Box 250305
Riyadh 11391
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Khalid Bin Ahmed Al Sudai
Al Khalij District
Latitude: 24.775492
Longtitude: 46.802540

http://www.sedergroup.com/gmap.html
Old Jul 9th 2010, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

prwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really nice

Originally Posted by pioneer978
Ayup,
You need to do LOTS of research on this forum. You need Iqama first, as a genral rule.
No1 what is your budget
No2 your Company must do it for you and provide a driver for wifie, or the compound must - Kingdom Compound is nice but very costly.
No3 if you go it alone you will usually have to pay a "fee" up front which is not refundabable but in theory you can charge the same fee to the next guy who wants your place when you have had enough.
I work in the DQ and it is one gigantic compound but as a result without the friendliness of a smaller place. BTW the fee will be usually £10k or more, cash up front.
No4 location - traffic is appalling so don't choose a compound on the other side of town to work because after 1 month you will want to kill yourself. And rush hour lasts from 6 am till 11pm here....

Take it very slowly - act in haste, repent at leisure, and I have a PhD in that......

Old Jul 11th 2010, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Tigger99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Remo,

Thanks for the tip re Seder Compound.... www.sedervillage.com I went there today and blagged my way in to see the lettings manager.

Result was I move into one of their Motel Appartment Studio things tomorrow and as now resident in the compound get bumped up the list for villa style accomodation... (should be within two months).

They accepted me for both the studio and villa with a business visa and also offer payment for the villa on Qtr or Half year or full year basis.... with discount if you pay half year or full year upfront.....

Happy days.... Wife coming over in a few weeks.... Will let you know about the traffic in a weeks time as it is a bit far out but with the current waiting lists everywhere else..... I jumped in at the first opportunity..... Time will tell.

Tigger99
Old Jul 11th 2010, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

prwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really niceprwatts is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tigger99
Hi Remo,

Thanks for the tip re Seder Compound.... www.sedervillage.com I went there today and blagged my way in to see the lettings manager.

Result was I move into one of their Motel Appartment Studio things tomorrow and as now resident in the compound get bumped up the list for villa style accomodation... (should be within two months).

They accepted me for both the studio and villa with a business visa and also offer payment for the villa on Qtr or Half year or full year basis.... with discount if you pay half year or full year upfront.....

Happy days.... Wife coming over in a few weeks.... Will let you know about the traffic in a weeks time as it is a bit far out but with the current waiting lists everywhere else..... I jumped in at the first opportunity..... Time will tell.

Tigger99
Well done. Good achievement !!
Old Jul 11th 2010, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by prwatts
Well done. Good achievement !!
Cheers Peter,

We will see how it pans out over the next few weeks with the traffic...... and my wifes comments and facial expresions when she gets here.

She just wont understand how hard, slow and fustrating it is getting anything done over here...... You have to like a challange.
Old Jul 13th 2010, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

I also hope to get my wife out in the next few weeks - Also on Sede having first moved into the motel for a couple of months and then into a very small one bed apartment. I will leave her to try to find somewhere bigger.

To avoid traffic head north then east rather than south then east (i.e north of the old airport - King Abdullah Rd ?) - it takes me 25- 35 mins to Olaya.
Old Jul 13th 2010, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: apartment or villa in compound in Riyadh

Originally Posted by gottheTshirt
I also hope to get my wife out in the next few weeks - Also on Sede having first moved into the motel for a couple of months and then into a very small one bed apartment. I will leave her to try to find somewhere bigger.

To avoid traffic head north then east rather than south then east (i.e north of the old airport - King Abdullah Rd ?) - it takes me 25- 35 mins to Olaya.
Hi gottheTshirt,

Cheers for the top tip.... I also moved into a Motel room in the compiund about 3 hours ago.... had something to eat in the resturant was was good and good value, bought provisions from the store and rented a car earlier as I decided taxis everywhere was not good.....

I think I came in along King Abdulla Rd and was supprised and relived to go past a TGI Fridays (no booze of course) and a few Startbucks so for me.... Happy days.

Maybe catch you for an OJ at the weekend... have a good one.
Tigger99
Old Jul 14th 2010, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

Yea the roads are a lot lighter now thank good ness
This very light volume of traffic will be like this now till early sept.
Still it never stopped some muppet nearly taking me out the other day.
Old Jul 14th 2010, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Hi gottheTshirt,

Cheers for the top tip.... I also moved into a Motel room in the compiund about 3 hours ago.... had something to eat in the resturant was was good and good value, bought provisions from the store and rented a car earlier as I decided taxis everywhere was not good.....

I think I came in along King Abdulla Rd and was supprised and relived to go past a TGI Fridays (no booze of course) and a few Startbucks so for me.... Happy days.

Maybe catch you for an OJ at the weekend... have a good one.
Tigger99
Yes, King Abdullah rd is a fastest way to reach olaya...Good luck.!
Old Jul 15th 2010, 4:42 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

Word out on the street is that Seder compound has had a major revamp .
The special part of the social room has been closed and also part of the motel used to be a certain colour of the nite ladies only of course.
Shame really !!
Old Jul 15th 2010, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by coffindodger
Word out on the street is that Seder compound has had a major revamp .
The special part of the social room has been closed and also part of the motel used to be a certain colour of the nite ladies only of course.
Shame really !!
Only been here three days so not sure about the scale of the revamp.... The special part of the social room has indeed been closed, I belive for a "hopefully" short time due to what I have been told was some "stupid actions" by a small minority....... get a$$holes every where in the world who spoil thing for the remaining 99.9%

As per the "ladies colour" it all looks like it conforms now.... and lots of building work I think to extend the motel and new housing units.

Hopefully get none motel accomodation soon.
Old Jul 19th 2010, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

Shredder In Saudi is an unknown quantity at this point

Only been here three days so not sure about the scale of the revamp.... The special part of the social room has indeed been closed, I belive for a "hopefully" short time due to what I have been told was some "stupid actions" by a small minority....... get a$$holes every where in the world who spoil thing for the remaining 99.9%

As per the "ladies colour" it all looks like it conforms now.... and lots of building work I think to extend the motel and new housing units.

Hopefully get none motel accomodation soon.
Hi Tigger - sent you a PM
Old Jul 19th 2010, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by remo
Yes, King Abdullah rd is a fastest way to reach olaya...Good luck.!
Thanks for the traffic tip Remo.....

You were right about the traffic, only takes 25 mins to the office and that includes stopping at Starbucks.... It might get a bit longer when the holidays are over, have to wait and see.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.