Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Airline Frustration

Airline Frustration

Old Apr 19th 2011, 2:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Airline Frustration

Originally Posted by Meow
I think that's an excellent plan Or have a separate areas for families as has previously been suggested on here.

The crew hate annoying children, and their parents, as much as everyone else does.
but not all children are annoying...mine aren't, they know how to behave and are better than a lot of the adults...

MM, xx
Old Apr 19th 2011, 2:47 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
but not all children are annoying...mine aren't, they know how to behave and are better than a lot of the adults...

MM, xx
Glad to hear it. I don't blame the children. I blame the parents for being inconsiderate to other passengers.

I largely hate adult pasengers too.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 2:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear it. I don't blame the children. I blame the parents for being inconsiderate to other passengers.

I largely hate adult pasengers too.
me too...in particular the ones that spend bloody hours in the loo when you're waiting to go...

MM, xx
Old Apr 19th 2011, 3:06 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
My wife and daughter are in Nairobi right now. They got caught up in a traffic accident on the way to the airport and missed their flight home yesterday. I had to book another flight for them leaving tonight. After booking the flights, I was belatedly informed that the credit card holder must be one of the passengers. Needless to say, madam had decided to leave her credit card here for security reasons. It's therefore taken me most of the day to (hopefully) resolve the issue by a personal visit to the airline office and by last minute submission of copy documentation by e-mail. Crossing my fingers that they arrive safely tomorrow morning. Meanwhile, my daughter has missed almost the entire week of schooling.
how has she missed an entire week when she is only a day late?
Old Apr 19th 2011, 3:24 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

me too...in particular the ones that spend bloody hours in the loo when you're waiting to go...

MM, xx
and the men that piss on the seats (or worse down the front of the wash basin cos they were squatting and aimed too far forward!)

or the guys that spend hours doing reekingly foul poos that dont quite wash off the inside of the bowls

or the sweaty armpits, beeping mobile phones / iphone-angry-birds / bright laptop screen during the night, boring the pants off the other passengers talking about how important they are
Old Apr 20th 2011, 5:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I know of a considerable number of people who don't 'bother' to pay for Business Class because, with all the kids running around, they don't think it's worth paying for the more comfortable seats etc.........

......... but if they knew it was going to be a kid-free experience, they'd happily pay up again.

Come to think of it, didn't one of the airlines introduce 'Business Class Only' flights a few years ago? Or even the whole airline is 'Business Class Only'? I can't remember who they were, but it was a bold experiment that deserved to succeed.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 5:04 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
I know of a considerable number of people who don't 'bother' to pay for Business Class because, with all the kids running around, they don't think it's worth paying for the more comfortable seats etc.........

......... but if they knew it was going to be a kid-free experience, they'd happily pay up again.

Come to think of it, didn't one of the airlines introduce 'Business Class Only' flights a few years ago? Or even the whole airline is 'Business Class Only'? I can't remember who they were, but it was a bold experiment that deserved to succeed.
Are you thinking of Silverjet?
Old Apr 20th 2011, 5:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Are you thinking of Silverjet?
Possibly - don't think I ever used them...... are you about to tell me they went bust?
Old Apr 20th 2011, 5:09 am
Bored liberal

Possibly - don't think I ever used them...... are you about to tell me they went bust?
Yes. Dramatically, in 2008

Timing was wrong & they had poor cashflow.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...y-airline.html
Old Apr 20th 2011, 8:15 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

There have been a number of efforts, Silverjet was one. Maxjet and EON were two others - all dead now.

Closer to home, there was Wataniya Airways, an all-business carrier flying out of Kuwait that closed just a month and a bit ago.

Several other airlines offer all-business or no-economy flights. Singapore Airlines fly all-business to Newark and LA, Lufthansa fly some all business as well, and BA have two offerings - the subsidiary OpenSkies flying Paris Orly to New York and the amazing "Club World Business Flight" from London City to New York - on the way out, thanks to the length of the runway at LCY, the plane stops in Shannon for 35 minutes to take on fuel - and lets passengers clear US customs and immigration. You land in New York and just walk out of the airport. There are only 32 seats on the whole plane - and I'm willing to bet, very few kids!

Last edited by typical; Apr 20th 2011 at 8:17 am.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

shiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to behold

well, ryanair to the rescue....for some

http://www.gotravel24.com/theme/worl...-vote-our-poll

Originally Posted by typical
There have been a number of efforts, Silverjet was one. Maxjet and EON were two others - all dead now.

Closer to home, there was Wataniya Airways, an all-business carrier flying out of Kuwait that closed just a month and a bit ago.

Several other airlines offer all-business or no-economy flights. Singapore Airlines fly all-business to Newark and LA, Lufthansa fly some all business as well, and BA have two offerings - the subsidiary OpenSkies flying Paris Orly to New York and the amazing "Club World Business Flight" from London City to New York - on the way out, thanks to the length of the runway at LCY, the plane stops in Shannon for 35 minutes to take on fuel - and lets passengers clear US customs and immigration. You land in New York and just walk out of the airport. There are only 32 seats on the whole plane - and I'm willing to bet, very few kids!
Old Apr 21st 2011, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Did they make it back Lionheart?
Old Apr 21st 2011, 9:21 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't you just love the mother who claims, "oh but my children are ever so perfect."

How many times have we heard that, eh?

MM, xx
Old Apr 21st 2011, 9:49 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Don't you just love the mother who claims, "oh but my children are ever so perfect."

How many times have we heard that, eh?
You're in a f.c.uking foul mood today. I invite you to kindly piss off till you've got some manners back.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 9:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
You're in a f.c.uking foul mood today. I invite you to kindly piss off till you've got some manners back.
don't be too harsh on him. He has just realized he's accepted a dull low paid job in the UK and that he starts next week. Probably just got the heebie geebies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.