advice needed!

Old Oct 9th 2007, 10:56 am
Banned

Dubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice needed!

Originally Posted by twistopher
Really, so MM's insinuation was ok even though she knows nothing about the people towards whom her remark was addressed.
But i guess that'll be ok, because you've decided, in your infinite wisdom that she was a troll.
I think she was certainly getting passionate and a little over the mark at times, but that doesn't make her a troll. However, as is so often the case on this board, those who disagree with the core clique of people on here are usually accused of being trolls, rather than be grown up enough to accept an adult disagreement and move on.
Well said. She was really a troll of course. Having troll-like powers myself I could spot her a mile off
Old Oct 9th 2007, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

RitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to all

What's a Troll again??
Old Oct 9th 2007, 11:00 am
Banned

Dubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RitchieD
What's a Troll again??
Someone who comes online to cause trouble

We should add this to the Wiki hahaha
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Last edited by Dubai_Chick; Oct 9th 2007 at 11:02 am. Reason: to add in link
Old Oct 9th 2007, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twistopher
Really, so MM's insinuation was ok even though she knows nothing about the people towards whom her remark was addressed.
But i guess that'll be ok, because you've decided, in your infinite wisdom that she was a troll.
I think she was certainly getting passionate and a little over the mark at times, but that doesn't make her a troll. However, as is so often the case on this board, those who disagree with the core clique of people on here are usually accused of being trolls, rather than be grown up enough to accept an adult disagreement and move on.
Thanks Twistopher, yes i was adult enough to say i was bailing and moving on, as it was getting a bit OTT . me and others but meow still at it and now we have melllee 66 weighing in and throwing names around.

Seems if you are ,not in with the crowd on this forum you are accused of joining to cause trouble. A troll. I beleive you call it . which i have just learnt today. as i dont participate in any other forums as Melllee 66 has accused me of. bizarre. Take a look at Meows and similar. posts over the last few months, interesting. Also Melllee who was telling me to go back to UK has made some lovely remarks about the UAE and its residents in the past, maybe if she is so unhappy she and her horse should go back to the UK
Old Oct 9th 2007, 11:12 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lady Lou
Does it matter what kind of lifestyle a person had in their home country?
Most people go abroad to make more money, to have a better lifestyle.
So, if this enables you to have Champagne brunches, buy a nice car,have mani and pedi etc. what in Gods name is wrong with that?
I hear quite often from people "no, I don't have a maid, I am not lazy",sorry, I find that rather stupid, if you can afford it and want it, why not?
Sure, having your maid bring up your children, not paying her the wage that is right for where you are, that is wrong.
I can assure you, I have seen as much arrogance and 'fakeness" in my home country as I have here in the ME.
But partaking in the conveniences that Expat life has to offer because it is "not done" where you came from.....sorry, can't quite understand that...then again, that might be because I am a spoilt Expat Housewife
Appalling - you meant you don't want to spend your whole life doing housework. Well, shame on you!!

I really don't understand what this obsession with 'fakeness' is. Yes, there are shallow people here, but as you say plenty elsewhere too. Anyone hung around any trendy London watering holes?

Just because a perosn has a maid or a good car, it doesnt mean they have no substance. Life just isn't that simple & to state otherwise is disingenuous.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

twistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by annacarna
Thanks Twistopher, yes i was adult enough to say i was bailing and moving on, as it was getting a bit OTT . me and others but meow still at it and now we have melllee 66 weighing in and throwing names around.

Seems if you are ,not in with the crowd on this forum you are accused of joining to cause trouble. A troll. I beleive you call it . which i have just learnt today. as i dont participate in any other forums as Melllee 66 has accused me of. bizarre. Take a look at Meows and similar. posts over the last few months, interesting. Also Melllee who was telling me to go back to UK has made some lovely remarks about the UAE and its residents in the past, maybe if she is so unhappy she and her horse should go back to the UK
Anna, although i think you were provoked, it never helps on forums to start getting personal - name calling at the best of times can escalate into all-out war.
Yes there are a core of people on here who use this forum for their social life and as such tend to stick up for each other, but they are generally ok - even if they do seem to spend their life on here talking about all sorts of drivel
Stick with it, if you can make up with Meow you'll see this board can be useful and interesting
Old Oct 9th 2007, 11:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Appalling - you meant you don't want to spend your whole life doing housework. Well, shame on you!!

I really don't understand what this obsession with 'fakeness' is. Yes, there are shallow people here, but as you say plenty elsewhere too. Anyone hung around any trendy London watering holes?

Just because a perosn has a maid or a good car, it doesnt mean they have no substance. Life just isn't that simple & to state otherwise is disingenuous.
Meow, whenever I'm in London I practically live in trendy watering holes....

Why on earth would one not choose to spend their time in nice surroundings?

Actually I think I've lost sight of where the bone of contention actually lies?
Is it that we should all be paying our help a little better????
Old Oct 9th 2007, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Mellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by annacarna

ah, anna, I express an opinion about the country I live in, I try to give a balanced opinion about various issues i.e housing, education, how dull it can be etc. I might even have had the odd pop at one or two, but I didnt join last week, make a couple of posts and then start off on a one woman/man/it campaign to piss people off just for a reaction.

I think I have worked out who you are, the spelling and typos give it away......

Im shocked no one else has cottoned on to who you are...........
Old Oct 9th 2007, 11:26 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

annacarna, after reading your remarks in post 47 I ask that you take the time to familiarize yourself with our site rules. Particularly Rule 1.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 11:27 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

As this seems to have turned into an argument I am going to close this thread now.