advice needed!

Old Oct 9th 2007, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice needed!

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease
No Twister I think she is suggesting quite the opposit, that there are people here that had good standard of living in the UK.

Guess at the end of the day there is a huge melting pot here with all types discussed here in the UAE.
you'll get a sore bottom on that fence, p2p....
Old Oct 9th 2007, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
LOL, point taken, it sounds big-headed.... But actually one of the things that I do like about the UK education system is that the national curriculum covers the idea of "citizenship", "social responsibility" and being a "stakeholder" in society....
Shakh, did you have UK Ed system both in the UK and UAE if so do you think that both were the same standard???
Old Oct 9th 2007, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

you'll get a sore bottom on that fence, p2p....
Well, one day I will fall off or get pushed, but meantime...I really don't care
Old Oct 9th 2007, 10:08 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Shakh, did you have UK Ed system both in the UK and UAE if so do you think that both were the same standard???
ohhhh...start a new thread why don't you...lol
Old Oct 9th 2007, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MataHari
ohhhh...start a new thread why don't you...lol

Just wanted a quick yes or no.... too busy making pennies to go and blow it on exploitation of my staff and my next Champagne lunch......
Old Oct 9th 2007, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

twistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
no i was agreeing with meow...

MM, xx
What with the line "it's those who didn't have that in the first place that seem to make all the fuss"??
Very strange back-pedal!
Old Oct 9th 2007, 10:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twistopher
What with the line "it's those who didn't have that in the first place that seem to make all the fuss"??
Very strange back-pedal!
meow isn't making a fuss...that's the point...

MM, xx
Old Oct 9th 2007, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

I went to boarding school for A levels in London, and an expat school from primary up to O levels. The education in Kuwait knocked the socks off the boarding school, the beer & girls at boarding school knocked the socks off Kuwait....

That said, my daughters go to a brilliant grammar school in the UK, which is as good as the better secondaries in Dubai.

To try to pull this back on-thread.... I think the original question was to do with whether the fabric of UAE society is deteriorating?

So pop off your fence and answer the question yes or no!
Old Oct 9th 2007, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

I went to boarding school for A levels in London, and an expat school from primary up to O levels. The education in Kuwait knocked the socks off the boarding school, the beer & girls at boarding school knocked the socks off Kuwait....

That said, my daughters go to a brilliant grammar school in the UK, which is as good as the better secondaries in Dubai.

To try to pull this back on-thread.... I think the original question was to do with whether the fabric of UAE society is deteriorating?

So pop off your fence and answer the question yes or no!
Yes ..but then it is everywhere.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Mellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to behold

quick butt in here....lol

we've been expat for six years now, we have met our share of the fakes but we have met considerably more normal people who are working for a better life.

I had a very successful career but gave it up to be an 'expat wife' and move to the ME. Suits me fine doing bugger all all day. I can go for coffee when I want, I can get out to the stables every morning and spend as long as I want hanging round the horse. I DON'T get dressed up to go to the shops, usually its a mad dash in, stinking to high heaven in my stable gear. Yes, there are the ones who put on make up/designer gear to get their groceries, but back in the UK, there are women who put on make up to get the milk off the doorstep (do they still deliver milk?lol)

Its the 'keeping up with the Jones'' syndrome, it is prevalent in the UK, so why wouldnt that mentality 'go expat'?

Annacarna, seems to me that there is something in the air, nice weather for trolls, cos I know of at least two other expat sites suffering from the affliction right now. If you object so badly to the lifestyle, to the underpayment for workers, why do you tolerate it? By staying, you arent changing anything, some would say that you are condoning it. Maybe you should return home, and if thats the UK, then its a place where you are lucky to even get served in a shop or restaurant with anything more than a sneer.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

twistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
meow isn't making a fuss...that's the point...

MM, xx
And your definition of "making a fuss"? Meow was, as were several others, actively engaged in the discussion - and rightly so. All made good and bad points depending on your opinion, but i'm not sure what you meant by "making a fuss".
What you actually meant was that you'd try to stir things up by insulting other members here - particularly the ones who you don't agree with. And at the same time, protecting your little clique of friends?
Pathetic - i can't be bothered with the pettiness of some people
Old Oct 9th 2007, 10:42 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Mr Pot, the Kettle is calling....

I was irritated by being insulted by someone who knows nothing about me. The poster's comment were clearly intended to be spiteful. Still smells like a troll. It isn't usual to join a board & immediately set about offending people.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Mellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to behold

well said Meow, I saw her comments on the other thread, her comments were bang out of order and purely designed to provoke a reaction, which served her purpose. No doubt she is a member on other sites and has been up to the same rubbish.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Does it matter what kind of lifestyle a person had in their home country?
Most people go abroad to make more money, to have a better lifestyle.
So, if this enables you to have Champagne brunches, buy a nice car,have mani and pedi etc. what in Gods name is wrong with that?
I hear quite often from people "no, I don't have a maid, I am not lazy",sorry, I find that rather stupid, if you can afford it and want it, why not?
Sure, having your maid bring up your children, not paying her the wage that is right for where you are, that is wrong.
I can assure you, I have seen as much arrogance and 'fakeness" in my home country as I have here in the ME.
But partaking in the conveniences that Expat life has to offer because it is "not done" where you came from.....sorry, can't quite understand that...then again, that might be because I am a spoilt Expat Housewife
Old Oct 9th 2007, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Meow
Hey Mr Pot, the Kettle is calling....

I was irritated by being insulted by someone who knows nothing about me. The poster's comment were clearly intended to be spiteful. Still smells like a troll. It isn't usual to join a board & immediately set about offending people.
Really, so MM's insinuation was ok even though she knows nothing about the people towards whom her remark was addressed.
But i guess that'll be ok, because you've decided, in your infinite wisdom that she was a troll.
I think she was certainly getting passionate and a little over the mark at times, but that doesn't make her a troll. However, as is so often the case on this board, those who disagree with the core clique of people on here are usually accused of being trolls, rather than be grown up enough to accept an adult disagreement and move on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.