Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Old Mar 28th 2023, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Diplo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Just hearing on an onboarding call today where it was confirmed that there's now NO process to move anyone who hasn't brought their family from NC2 to NC1!? Not sure what the plan for the 1 bed cabins in NC1 is then...?

I get that NC1 is full, but I can't understand why they'd turn off the 'waiting list' system for moving across. Not sure I signed up to spend 3 years in a c grade room with a plastic floor, when the initial pitch was the 1BR cabins in NC1 even after a wait.

Anyone out there know any different - sometimes the onboarders conflict each other, so be good to get it from the ground.
Old Mar 28th 2023, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

TigBhinker is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Diplo
Just hearing on an onboarding call today where it was confirmed that there's now NO process to move anyone who hasn't brought their family from NC2 to NC1!? Not sure what the plan for the 1 bed cabins in NC1 is then...?

I get that NC1 is full, but I can't understand why they'd turn off the 'waiting list' system for moving across. Not sure I signed up to spend 3 years in a c grade room with a plastic floor, when the initial pitch was the 1BR cabins in NC1 even after a wait.

Anyone out there know any different - sometimes the onboarders conflict each other, so be good to get it from the ground.
To be honest, the entire process has gone out of the window and it’s really unclear what to believe at the moment. I arrived at NC2 in December and checked with housing today when I’ll be likely to be relocated to NC1 and was informed I was 600 on the waiting list although this guaranteed nothing.

Neom may be forward thinking in terms of the projects it’s delivering but the onboarding process really leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Not only that, the amount of people leaving after a few months is staggering.

Old Apr 13th 2023, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

angel111 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am single and hate a daily commute. Is there any advice when I arrive to get myself on a shortlist for something in NC1. I'd be happy to live in something super small and very humble over wasting hours a day in a shuttle.
Old Apr 13th 2023, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by angel111
I am single and hate a daily commute. Is there any advice when I arrive to get myself on a shortlist for something in NC1. I'd be happy to live in something super small and very humble over wasting hours a day in a shuttle.
Female staff are given priority but even then the minimum waiting time is at least 6 months in NC2. At last check I was number 600 on the list and I joined in December. There are those who started last August who are still at NC2. There’s no fast track I’m afraid.
Old Apr 14th 2023, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by angel111

Hahahhaha
No

You'll be in NC2 for at least a year!
Old Apr 24th 2023, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

A random question as I pack - are there coat hangers in the wardrobes in the NC2 rooms?
Old Apr 24th 2023, 10:52 am
Just Joined

A random question as I pack - are there coat hangers in the wardrobes in the NC2 rooms?
You’ll get coat hangers with every laundry done, which is twice a week. I wouldn’t bother bringing any as the hangers will pile up after a few weeks.
Old Apr 24th 2023, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TigBhinker
You’ll get coat hangers with every laundry done, which is twice a week. I wouldn’t bother bringing any as the hangers will pile up after a few weeks.
Perfect, thanks! Attempting to pack light, so that helps.
Old Apr 24th 2023, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

Ottawa is an unknown quantity at this point

I’ve heard from a recruiter that there’s an NC3. Has anyone heard of it? Also, does anyone know if people are still being posted in a hotel in Duba?
Old Apr 24th 2023, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ottawa
I’ve heard from a recruiter that there’s an NC3. Has anyone heard of it? Also, does anyone know if people are still being posted in a hotel in Duba?
I’ve heard via YouTube of an NC3 also known as NCV - NEOM Construction Village. No mention from anyone official that I know of though. I get the impression it’s for the labour teams and engineers involved in the actual building of the projects, but that’s just a guess.
Old Apr 24th 2023, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

I’ve heard via YouTube of an NC3 also known as NCV - NEOM Construction Village. No mention from anyone official that I know of though. I get the impression it’s for the labour teams and engineers involved in the actual building of the projects, but that’s just a guess.
There are plans to build NC3 but no work has started yet as far as I’m aware. This was announced a few months back.
Old Apr 25th 2023, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TigBhinker
There are plans to build NC3 but no work has started yet as far as I’m aware. This was announced a few months back.
As I've heard it, there will be NCV as @Diplo mentioned for the builders. NC1 and 2 are in various stages of expansion. Oxagon will not expand.
Trojena village is set to expand. There is a new village called SBC (southern business community) between Oxagon and Duba that has just opened opened and has more under space under construction.

Last edited by BMH77; Apr 25th 2023 at 1:34 pm. Reason: corrected mis-types
Old Apr 25th 2023, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

Ldn2Ksa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BMH77
As I've heard it, there will be NCV as @Diplo mentioned for the builders. NC1 and 2 are in various stages of expansion. Oxagon will not expand.
Trojena village is set to expand. There is a new village called SBC (southern business community) between Oxagon and Duba that has just opened opened and has more under space under construction.
Re Trojena, will people hired to work on the Trojena project live there, or do we think they’ll be in the existing NC1/2 sites?
Old Apr 27th 2023, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ldn2Ksa
Re Trojena, will people hired to work on the Trojena project live there, or do we think they’ll be in the existing NC1/2 sites?
Believe they are mostly working out of NC1&2 but will be moved up to the site as offices and residence are built. You'd need to check with your hiring manager for better details.
Old Apr 27th 2023, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BMH77
Believe they are mostly working out of NC1&2 but will be moved up to the site as offices and residence are built. You'd need to check with your hiring manager for better details.
Trojena staff are already moving to site. A few of them who were at NC2 were relocated last month. I’m not sure what the situation is for new starters though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.