Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Old Jan 17th 2023, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Mkm123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Originally Posted by BMH77
Yes. Kitchen and table with place settings.(2, I think Haven't used more than a glass and a tea cup). Electric stove top. No kettle, but you can get hot water from your water cooler. Also has a few pots and pans, spatula, a few knives and cutting board and a few bowls..
You can get anything they missed from Amazon.sa within a day or two as well.

thanks
Old Jan 17th 2023, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Is one allowed to carry off the counter medicines like paracetamol or prescription required for all medicines.
Old Jan 17th 2023, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mkm123
Is one allowed to carry off the counter medicines like paracetamol or prescription required for all medicines.
You can take many with you but I'd suggest you check the lists KSA posts online.
Also, make sure that nothing you bring with you has alcohol. This includes cologne and perfume.
Old Jan 17th 2023, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BMH77
You can take many with you but I'd suggest you check the lists KSA posts online.
Also, make sure that nothing you bring with you has alcohol. This includes cologne and perfume.
thanks
Old Jan 18th 2023, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

Anyone moved from Uk to Neom in Jan took any tax advise from any CA’s regarding split
year treatment; any recommendations for a good CA please.
Old Feb 19th 2023, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Diplo is an unknown quantity at this point

What’s the latest with regards the accommodation a few months on - any news/changes on the horizon?

My onboarder said that the ‘waiting list’ for cabins at NC1 has sort of gone out of the window and that it’s first come first serve for rooms at the mo - doesn’t matter what grade you are (unless you’re executive director++), you might end up anywhere. I’ll be coming in as a manager if that narrows anything down at all.

Is there any truth or better clarification around this waiting list stuff? I had assumed NC2 for a year (ish) then hopefully move to one of the cabins on NC1.

I get that families with multiple kids are being prioritised, as should be the case, but I’m not sure I fancy sticking out 3 years plus in a shared occupancy room with a plastic floor and no chance of moving!

Grateful for anyone who’s recently arrived or has heard anything out there.

For reference for anyone else, this video seems to show the NC2 accommodation broken down by grade:

Thanks!
Old Feb 19th 2023, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

JDM5AM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Diplo
What’s the latest with regards the accommodation a few months on - any news/changes on the horizon?

My onboarder said that the ‘waiting list’ for cabins at NC1 has sort of gone out of the window and that it’s first come first serve for rooms at the mo - doesn’t matter what grade you are (unless you’re executive director++), you might end up anywhere. I’ll be coming in as a manager if that narrows anything down at all.

Is there any truth or better clarification around this waiting list stuff? I had assumed NC2 for a year (ish) then hopefully move to one of the cabins on NC1.

I get that families with multiple kids are being prioritised, as should be the case, but I’m not sure I fancy sticking out 3 years plus in a shared occupancy room with a plastic floor and no chance of moving!

Grateful for anyone who’s recently arrived or has heard anything out there.

For reference for anyone else, this video seems to show the NC2 accommodation broken down by grade: https://youtu.be/mxUr7lsem9k

Thanks!
Take what your onboarder says with a bucket full of salt. They are doing their job, which is to get you there.

NC2 is studio apartments. They are A, B and C cabins. A cabins are allocated for couples and Directors and B and C allocated on the basis of what’s available. There is no distinguishing for grade. I’m senior manager grade and I’m in a C cabin.

The only difference between B and C cabins is that B cabins have a carpet and C has vinyl floor. They are studio apartments and to be honest pretty soul destroying.

There has been a significant expansion at the top of NC2 camp. There have been new A, B and C cabins built. There is also an additional pool being constructed up at that part of the camp.

I wouldn’t pin a great deal of hope on getting a move to NC1. It is a nicer camp with better facilities but it also means you would live and work in the same location. That said the bus is a grind.

Last edited by JDM5AM; Feb 19th 2023 at 9:52 pm.
Old Feb 20th 2023, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

Thanks JDM5AM,

Sounds ominous, how long have you been out there?

I had it in my head that once they finish the next batch of 2 beds in NC1 late 23/early 24, a lot of the one beds should free up? I suppose in the short term, any 1 beds that become available are going to go to families and couples. When you say don’t hold out much hope of a move, do you mean at all, or just in the short term? I’m happy enough if the latter.
Old Feb 20th 2023, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

JDM5AM is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks JDM5AM,

Sounds ominous, how long have you been out there?

I had it in my head that once they finish the next batch of 2 beds in NC1 late 23/early 24, a lot of the one beds should free up? I suppose in the short term, any 1 beds that become available are going to go to families and couples. When you say don’t hold out much hope of a move, do you mean at all, or just in the short term? I’m happy enough if the latter.
3 months now and losing the will to live to be honest. Money is great if that’s what you’re looking for but the living environment isn’t great and the working environment is at least 20 years behind the west. If you like ‘presenteeism’ as a working pattern you’ll be fine.

I’ve not seen any development at NC1 and it’s full so don’t hold out for that. There are new A cabins installed at NC2 but again there is the potential for those already on site to relocate from B or C cabins into those. I’d plan on getting placed in a B or C cabin for the minimum of your probation period if not for the duration of your stay in Neom.

Old Feb 26th 2023, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Djuro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paracletus
Getting a Saudi visa is a bit of a dark art. No one quite knows how it's done, but one day it appears. Seems pretty standard from everyone I speak to, and includes my own experience. It's a bit like life in Saudi, things happen but never as you expect.

My advice, don't take it very seriously and always view things through a comedic lense here. Otherwise, you may lose it.
Everyone should take heed of this. Things will never go the way you will expect. Also, don't under any circumstances expect the HR people to actually provide useful guidance - check and sort everything out yourself, or it will take forever and not how you would want it. Yes, they're supposed to do this, but they won't, and trying to use anger, pleading, sympathy or common sense will result in a blank face from them.
Old Feb 27th 2023, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

banskoboy is an unknown quantity at this point

It was announced today that no more family applications for 2-bedroom cabins will be accepted (let alone accommodated) until mid-2024 for both NC1 and NC2. There are at least 150 outstanding applications for 2 bedroom cabins.....
Old Feb 27th 2023, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

150! Ouch. That’s a LOT of families squashed into single rooms. Hopefully they’re going big on the number of family cabins they build so this doesn’t become a perpetual issue.
Old Feb 27th 2023, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

banskoboy is an unknown quantity at this point

They said 500 2 bedroom cabins will be available by mid 2024.....
Old Feb 27th 2023, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

Good news. Nice to have a timeframe on it.
Old Mar 1st 2023, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Good news. Nice to have a timeframe on it.
Add 6 months to this timeframe as a minimum.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.