Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Old Dec 8th 2022, 4:26 pm
  #16  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2022
Posts: 54
JDM5AM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Originally Posted by alloush2828
I thought my onboarder is my HR manager, and she is the only person I have been communicating with (other than my manager in line). And thanks for the info about the visa and flight bookings. So it makes no sense for them to request flight details and arrival date on the visa application if one cannot get them before the visa is issued! (strange illogical concept!)

So I hope that I will end up in NC2, as they said...
This entire process is really nerve-wrecking, I cannot wait to be in there!
Do keep me posted please :-)
You’ll get an email from an allocated onboarding manager who handles flights and general arrival.

They requested a copy of my visa on my passport before they booked the flight for me.

All fairly straightforward, but the communication between HR and people who are literally uprooting and travelling across the world isn’t particularly good. Certainly not what you’d expect when joining a new business in the U.K.
JDM5AM is offline  
Old Dec 10th 2022, 8:27 pm
  #17  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Nov 2022
Posts: 20
TigBhinker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Originally Posted by alloush2828
I thought my onboarder is my HR manager, and she is the only person I have been communicating with (other than my manager in line). And thanks for the info about the visa and flight bookings. So it makes no sense for them to request flight details and arrival date on the visa application if one cannot get them before the visa is issued! (strange illogical concept!)

So I hope that I will end up in NC2, as they said...
This entire process is really nerve-wrecking, I cannot wait to be in there!
Do keep me posted please :-)
What stage are you at with your paperwork because your onboarder should have been in contact with you by now. My contact with the HR person ended once I accepted the offer and that’s when your onboarder gets in touch to take you through the rest of the process.
As far as accommodation is concerned, I was told by my OB that I’ll be placed in Duba as NC2 is full at the moment.
TigBhinker is offline  
Old Dec 10th 2022, 11:11 pm
  #18  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2022
Posts: 69
ExpatKSA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Originally Posted by TigBhinker
What stage are you at with your paperwork because your onboarder should have been in contact with you by now. My contact with the HR person ended once I accepted the offer and that’s when your onboarder gets in touch to take you through the rest of the process.
As far as accommodation is concerned, I was told by my OB that I’ll be placed in Duba as NC2 is full at the moment.
how will you work from Duba? Is it remote work? Or will you travel 1hr everyday to the main office?
ExpatKSA is offline  
Old Dec 11th 2022, 6:18 am
  #19  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Aug 2022
Posts: 14
alloush2828 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

I have finished my paperwork (all attestation done, after 7 months since the offer came!) and just had my visa appointment last week. I still have to finalize one more item - medical test finger prints, which it seems they were unable to do becuase my right hand doesnt give any prints. So I was requested to get a medical "exemption" letter from my doctor, get it stamped by the local medical authorities and send it per Post next week. Following that, I should be receiving my visa per post.
On another note, and from what I have seen online, DUBA is 1.5hr drive to NC2 and Tabuk 2.5hr, which would be exhausting if ones is to be driven daily back and forth!
alloush2828 is offline  
Old Dec 11th 2022, 9:03 am
  #20  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 33,928
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Originally Posted by ExpatKSA
how will you work from Duba? Is it remote work? Or will you travel 1hr everyday to the main office?
See the posts above - there's info up there on who can work from home and who has to get the bus each day.

HTH.
christmasoompa is offline  
Old Dec 11th 2022, 9:56 am
  #21  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Nov 2022
Posts: 20
TigBhinker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Originally Posted by ExpatKSA
how will you work from Duba? Is it remote work? Or will you travel 1hr everyday to the main office?
Looks like the long commute to the office in the beginning I think.
TigBhinker is offline  
Old Dec 11th 2022, 9:58 am
  #22  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Nov 2022
Posts: 20
TigBhinker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Originally Posted by alloush2828
I have finished my paperwork (all attestation done, after 7 months since the offer came!) and just had my visa appointment last week. I still have to finalize one more item - medical test finger prints, which it seems they were unable to do becuase my right hand doesnt give any prints. So I was requested to get a medical "exemption" letter from my doctor, get it stamped by the local medical authorities and send it per Post next week. Following that, I should be receiving my visa per post.
On another note, and from what I have seen online, DUBA is 1.5hr drive to NC2 and Tabuk 2.5hr, which would be exhausting if ones is to be driven daily back and forth!
You’d probably have to work on the bus also. 🤣
TigBhinker is offline  
Old Dec 11th 2022, 5:34 pm
  #23  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Oct 2022
Posts: 49
Newopps is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Originally Posted by TigBhinker
You’d probably have to work on the bus also. 🤣
Might have to pull the old motion sickness gag if they expect that! I've asked my onboarder for an update on the situation, which let's face it is pointless since they're always the second last people to know what's going on! Will let you know if I hear anything of worth.
Newopps is offline  
Old Dec 11th 2022, 7:18 pm
  #24  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2022
Posts: 7
TownPlanner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Eek! I'm going through the visa process now so this is worrying. Deal breaker for me too as a single female I'd need to be in a community and feel safe 😬
TownPlanner is offline  
Old Dec 11th 2022, 7:33 pm
  #25  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2022
Posts: 69
ExpatKSA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Originally Posted by TownPlanner
Eek! I'm going through the visa process now so this is worrying. Deal breaker for me too as a single female I'd need to be in a community and feel safe 😬
have you had your onboarding call? I believe they let you know there.
ExpatKSA is offline  
Old Dec 11th 2022, 7:49 pm
  #26  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2022
Posts: 54
JDM5AM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Originally Posted by TownPlanner
Eek! I'm going through the visa process now so this is worrying. Deal breaker for me too as a single female I'd need to be in a community and feel safe 😬
Your onboarder can confirm if you’ve been allocated a cabin. I reached out to mine after reading this thread and they were good enough to confirm I am to be based in NC2 initially.

I also spoke to some people out in Neom who said they’d heard the rumours but hadn’t actually met anyone who was travelling from a hotel in Duba.

It’s definitely a leap for all of us and feeling safe and being able to meet others is certainly necessary. I’m sure Neom realise this and working to resolve any issues.

I’m taking it all as a bit of an adventure, and given the likely economic challenges in the U.K. in the next couple of years it’s definitely a gamble worth taking.

JDM5AM is offline  
Old Dec 11th 2022, 9:51 pm
  #27  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2022
Posts: 7
TownPlanner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Thank you
TownPlanner is offline  
Old Dec 11th 2022, 9:52 pm
  #28  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2022
Posts: 7
TownPlanner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Yeah I have but that was over a month ago and I'm still waiting for my visa....it's taking an age sadly
TownPlanner is offline  
Old Dec 12th 2022, 6:05 am
  #29  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2022
Posts: 29
Faridafaris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Hello Good people,

I am starting in early Feb the boarding team did not inform me of any updates about the accommodation. The last thing she said was that I will stay at NC2 until they move me to NC1. I have heard that people working on the Torjena project will move to the new Torjena camp, so some places will be vacant at NC1 and NC2.
Any updates from those who are living in Duba?!!
Faridafaris is offline  
Old Dec 12th 2022, 1:25 pm
  #30  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Oct 2022
Posts: 37
AAABritishExpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Accommodation Challenges in Neom (NC2)

Is anyone working in Oxagon or joining Oxagon? Are these housing allocation also currently related to Oxagon camp?
AAABritishExpat is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.