Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

20 Years Old - Move to Qatar?

20 Years Old - Move to Qatar?

Old Jul 25th 2012, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

adriancharles is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 20 Years Old - Move to Qatar?

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Dear God!! Get over yourself darling.... firstly, please learn how to spell and punctuate, then get the chip off your shoulder!
Nobody here "walked" into jobs. We do what we do because, usually, we are good at what we do and have worked hard to get where we are.
Stop being such a wimp, decide what you want to do and then set about achieving it. Then we will give you help.
People did walk in to jobs, my colleagues in my science lab, said how lucky they were to walk in to jobs, and how they feel sorry for todays youth, and this was a 37 year old, so not that old. She quit her job went travelling around the world, and when she returned to England, the company was beggin her to come back.

ive worked in other places, even supermarkets, where the staff tell me how back in the days, people only had a "chat" with the employers, and not a proper interview. and they used to get jobs stacking shelves.

so most of you guys did walk in to jobs, im not saying you dont work hard, you do, but you got it easier than todays youth will.

theres people with PhD's that were willing to work as a lab assistant job where i worked, with a crap wage. why??? because they are jobless.

the PhD, MSc graduates are not bums are they? I DONT THINK SO.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by adriancharles
People did walk in to jobs, my colleagues in my science lab, said how lucky they were to walk in to jobs, and how they feel sorry for todays youth, and this was a 37 year old, so not that old. She quit her job went travelling around the world, and when she returned to England, the company was beggin her to come back.

ive worked in other places, even supermarkets, where the staff tell me how back in the days, people only had a "chat" with the employers, and not a proper interview. and they used to get jobs stacking shelves.

so most of you guys did walk in to jobs, im not saying you dont work hard, you do, but you got it easier than todays youth will.

theres people with PhD's that were willing to work as a lab assistant job where i worked, with a crap wage. why??? because they are jobless.

the PhD, MSc graduates are not bums are they? I DONT THINK SO.
The UK has been through economic hardships in the past. I still know people in the UK that can change jobs at a whim..If you're good enough, someone will hire you. If you're in the right field, there are still plenty of work to be had.

How about starting something yourself? Why let your happiness be dictated by someone else?
Old Jul 25th 2012, 6:11 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by typical
There's a big difference between "couldn't afford" and "chose not to", and also a very big difference between a single 20-something and a family with kids...
So let me fill you in. I had both options and often used one or other options. In my early 20's I was married with 1 child and another on the way, a very junior rank in the Forces, living on the Northernmost of the Shetland Islands. One of my most vivid memories was on the day before pay day when I had precisely one pound and I was trying to decide whether to buy some bread or potatoes. That was with no car, no phone, no mobile, no insurance, no savings, no parties, no cinema, a portable B&W TV, my work clothes provided by her majesty.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 6:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
So let me fill you in. I had both options and often used one or other options. In my early 20's I was married with 1 child and another on the way, a very junior rank in the Forces, living on the Northernmost of the Shetland Islands. One of my most vivid memories was on the day before pay day when I had precisely one pound and I was trying to decide whether to buy some bread or potatoes. That was with no car, no phone, no mobile, no insurance, no savings, no parties, no cinema, a portable B&W TV, my work clothes provided by her majesty.
bread?
Old Jul 25th 2012, 6:22 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
bread?
Probably because the bread was baked daily in the island shop (otherwise it would have been brought up on the ferry from Aberdeen to Lerwick and then overland to Unst, like the milk was 3 times a week) and was lush Aye we had it tough int old days thae knows LOL! But the thing was that we accepted that was how things were. So this talk of poverty nowadays drives me BARMY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEIApUNVBKg