Brits In Chicago

Brits In Chicago

Old Nov 11th 2010, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

hockeysarah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brits In Chicago

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Nice to hear we are helping keep your anxiety down

This Brit isn't a hockey fan though. On top of that I lost out on $100.00 earlier in the year because we had a gig cancelled because of the stupid playoffs

(no offence )
Hmmm more like the awesome playoffs!

gig cancelled? do you play in a band? my husband has been touring and playing for the past 10 years in Chicago bands...
Old Nov 11th 2010, 7:44 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hockeysarah
Hmmm more like the awesome playoffs!

gig cancelled? do you play in a band? my husband has been touring and playing for the past 10 years in Chicago bands...
I do (see my sig) but this particular gig was for the acoustic duo I have with the lead singer of the band.

We're based in N Suburbs though (Lake County in and around Libertyville). Haven't played the city yet.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 7:46 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

I've had lunch with the Stanley Cup

I didn't even try and touch it.

Old Nov 11th 2010, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

I do (see my sig) but this particular gig was for the acoustic duo I have with the lead singer of the band.

We're based in N Suburbs though (Lake County in and around Libertyville). Haven't played the city yet.
Nice! my husband plays punk rock. its actually how we met as i play drums and was in Chicago to see his band play!
I think we are moving to Evanston..so fairly close to all the live music of the city!
Old Nov 11th 2010, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1555201_n.jpg
wow i am so jealous! although i did touch it when we went to the hockey hall of fame in Toronto, but that was before Chicago were Stanley Cup Champs!
The way we are playing at the moment i think it will be a while before the cup is back in town!
Old Nov 11th 2010, 7:53 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

wow i am so jealous! although i did touch it when we went to the hockey hall of fame in Toronto, but that was before Chicago were Stanley Cup Champs!
The way we are playing at the moment i think it will be a while before the cup is back in town!
Maybe

If you move to Evanston you're in a good location for most things, easy access to the city and not too close at the same time.

One of my favorite eats is near Evanston.

Pitta Inn on Dempster.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 7:53 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Nice! my husband plays punk rock. its actually how we met as i play drums and was in Chicago to see his band play!
I think we are moving to Evanston..so fairly close to all the live music of the city!
Evanston is supposed to be pretty nice by all accounts. I haven't got the $$$ to live there

I don't get out to see any live music much outside of our gigs. We're 59 miles outside the city and I just can't be arsed going out when I have a baby at home!

As a Liverpool fan I can relate to that sentiment . . .
Old Nov 11th 2010, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Maybe

If you move to Evanston you're in a good location for most things, easy access to the city and not too close at the same time.

One of my favorite eats is near Evanston.

Pitta Inn on Dempster.
Yeh thats why we chose Evanston, My husband lives in Park Ridge at the moment and its way to quiet for me!
Im hoping to get a job in post production...well thats what ive been doing in the UK so im assuming most media/broadcast jobs will be downtown.
Now that perfect job would be to work for comcast sportsnet in Chicago!

Are there any good Indians in Chicago?
Old Nov 11th 2010, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Evanston is supposed to be pretty nice by all accounts. I haven't got the $$$ to live there

I don't get out to see any live music much outside of our gigs. We're 59 miles outside the city and I just can't be arsed going out when I have a baby at home!

As a Liverpool fan I can relate to that sentiment . . .
I think as we only want an apartment for the first few years we can afford Evanston, but as soon as we want to get a house i think we would have to move further out!
Old Nov 11th 2010, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1555201_n.jpg
Is that Jonathon Toews in the pink?
Old Nov 11th 2010, 8:03 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

Yeh thats why we chose Evanston, My husband lives in Park Ridge at the moment and its way to quiet for me!
Im hoping to get a job in post production...well thats what ive been doing in the UK so im assuming most media/broadcast jobs will be downtown.
Now that perfect job would be to work for comcast sportsnet in Chicago!

Are there any good Indians in Chicago?

Yes! Very close to Evanston, there's a large Indian community located central to Devon Avenue.

They also have lots of good grocery shops in the area that have the odd British Item as well as a good assortment of teas, I often get curry paste from that area. Pataks, it's imported from the UK.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 8:04 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

Is that Jonathon Toews in the pink?
Yep
Old Nov 11th 2010, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Yep
aghhhh im jealous. im also very impressed that i knew it was him from the back..my husband will be proud!
Old Nov 11th 2010, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Yes! Very close to Evanston, there's a large Indian community located central to Devon Avenue.

They also have lots of good grocery shops in the area that have the odd British Item as well as a good assortment of teas, I often get curry paste from that area. Pataks, it's imported from the UK.
Perfect! I think i would miss having a good curry!

I am getting more and more comfortable with the idea of moving now!
Im easily pleased...curry, tea and hockey.

I wish that cider wasnt so expensive in the states though
Old Nov 11th 2010, 8:18 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

Perfect! I think i would miss having a good curry!

I am getting more and more comfortable with the idea of moving now!
Im easily pleased...curry, tea and hockey.

I wish that cider wasnt so expensive in the states though
You can get a decent cider for $3.99 made in Yorkshire as well, its sold at Whole Foods.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.