Paying for visas

Old Oct 24th 2019, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

DCFizz is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Paying for visas

I have been offered a job in Dubai. To be able to complete the process, I am being asked to stump up the cost of a licence to get reimbursement.

What should I do? I have already paid £400 for a work permit / UAE residency, £800 to get the reimbursement from the bank, and now being asked to pay UAE anti drug people £700 to release the reimbursement.
Old Oct 24th 2019, 3:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paying for visas

Are you going to be a financial advisor?
Old Oct 25th 2019, 3:34 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DCFizz
I have been offered a job in Dubai. To be able to complete the process, I am being asked to stump up the cost of a licence to get reimbursement.

What should I do? I have already paid £400 for a work permit / UAE residency, £800 to get the reimbursement from the bank, and now being asked to pay UAE anti drug people £700 to release the reimbursement.
Oh dear. I think throwing away 1200 quid is enough no need to throw another 700 quid away also
Old Oct 25th 2019, 4:42 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Please have a good read of this warning, issued by VFS Global (the official visa processing service) https://gulfnews.com/uae/vfs-warns-a....1565082880058
Old Oct 25th 2019, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

SandyMcSand is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately, I believe you may have been scammed. In most cases it is the employers responsibility to cover visa costs. All depends on what your job is and form of contract. Hope it works out for you mate.
Old Oct 25th 2019, 8:01 am
Just Joined

Hi Sandy,

I have that feeling too.

There are now 4 'agencies' involved. The employer, the travel agents, the bank (Dubai Islamic Bank), and the UAE Anti Drug Law Enforcement Agency (Transfer & Fund Movement Monitoring Unit). I have to admit that I was under the impression that it should be the employer who should do the visas if they want the employee to come out to them.

Still, I live and learn...
Old Oct 25th 2019, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

SandyMcSand is an unknown quantity at this point

Is this a permanent job that you’ve applied for? Private or government firm? I would challenge them as to why they’re not covering these costs. Some recruitment firms or manpower agencies use these types of tricks. You think you’re dealing with an adnoc but it turns out to be a sub-contractor or manpower firm....but there is a job in the end.
Old Oct 25th 2019, 8:31 am
Just Joined

They got my details from an employment agency called Naukrigulf.

I have been sent a contract but no visas or means to enact this contract.
Old Oct 26th 2019, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Standanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond repute

I hope it works out for you but it sounds like a scam. For the two jobs I've had in this neck of the woods, the employer has picked up all these types of costs.

A mate of mine was keen to come out here to teach languages and had posted his CV on Naukri Gulf. He had an Indian outfit approach him, who were purporting to be acting on behalf of an employer. It was a scam. The only thing at the end of it was that they would present his CV to prospective employers, just the same as he could do himself.

Good luck anyway.
Old Oct 27th 2019, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute

They got my details from an employment agency called Naukrigulf.

I have been sent a contract but no visas or means to enact this contract.
Oh dear! you have been scammed. :-( There was a company last year claiming to work on behalf of my agency. It too was a scam. There are so many about
Never ever part with any money for a job. We recruiters directly bill the client