Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Old May 30th 2014, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

RKI_83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Originally Posted by AdamSayaf
Question. So now i am in my final step , they are bringing me along with the family for 4 days. But I do have interviews scheduled for the first two 2 days with HR and some other departments not related to my work and some related to my work , but I already went through the first set ofphone interview ,completed the exam , did also face to face interview , so im not sure what these other interviews are , despite bringing my family?
In this interview they want to check if you are the right person for the job, they will give you and your family housing and schooling tours[if you have kids], they want to ensure that you and your family are able to re-locate and settle in Abu Dhabi as recruiting a new person is a big investment for the company.
Old May 31st 2014, 6:34 am
Just Joined

fustyler is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a question for those that are scheduled to fly to ADIA in June for site visit:

Did anyone not provide ADIA the three year compensation history? They make it sound like a requirement to submit this information before you can go on the site visit.
Old May 31st 2014, 11:31 am
Just Joined

smudgerchanovski is an unknown quantity at this point

I provided the requested details to the agency who asked on behalf of ADIA. At the end of the day if they make an offer that I am not happy with I will simply reject it. If their policy is not to negotiate then so be it. it will be their loss ;-)
Old May 31st 2014, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

AdamSayaf is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree
Old Jun 1st 2014, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

rockangelx is an unknown quantity at this point

I have yet to submit any form of previous remuneration history, just verbally told my agent my current compensation.

Candidates going for site visit in mid June, care to pm me? If it's the same weekend, would be too cool to catch up while we are there.
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

khwork is an unknown quantity at this point

I have yet to confirm my flight details. But likely end June.
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

JJ2635 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fustyler
I have a question for those that are scheduled to fly to ADIA in June for site visit:

Did anyone not provide ADIA the three year compensation history? They make it sound like a requirement to submit this information before you can go on the site visit.
I didn't submit comp history but verbally gave my current comp to the recruiter. It's not like any firm would/should give you an offer without this info anyway
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 3:10 am
Just Joined

mdoe is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone interviewing for a IT position, can give their thoughts on the organizations IT area. Also for anyone that was flown out is there enough time for you to explore abu dhabi to determine if it is a place you can picture yourself living?
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

JJ2635 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mdoe
Anyone interviewing for a IT position, can give their thoughts on the organizations IT area. Also for anyone that was flown out is there enough time for you to explore abu dhabi to determine if it is a place you can picture yourself living?
Not sure how much time you've been given sans interviews, you should ideally take a full day free to look around. That + housing tour should be enough to get a sense initially.
Old Jun 4th 2014, 5:56 am
Just Joined

herysoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Hello everyone,

I have been reading this forum for past 3 weeks now and I find it to be very useful. I have scheduled for my PDI assessment next week and I saw in one of the response, the assessment might be different for some and they depends on your role you've applied. As I am applying for IT position, according to their email, my assessment will be "the assessment will comprise an interview, problem-solving tests, and real-world job simulations". I just want to confirm with fellow forum that my interpretation of the email is as follow:

1. interview: is this going to be standard interview based on my experience or different?
2. problem solving test: i believe this will be "numerical and verbal reasoning" and "abstract logic test" (this i can learn online)
3. real world job simulations: well this is self explanatory, simulation of real world problem and how would I handle it

Thank you all.
Old Jun 4th 2014, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

sweetdeal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by herysoe
Hello everyone,

I have been reading this forum for past 3 weeks now and I find it to be very useful. I have scheduled for my PDI assessment next week and I saw in one of the response, the assessment might be different for some and they depends on your role you've applied. As I am applying for IT position, according to their email, my assessment will be "the assessment will comprise an interview, problem-solving tests, and real-world job simulations". I just want to confirm with fellow forum that my interpretation of the email is as follow:

1. interview: is this going to be standard interview based on my experience or different?
2. problem solving test: i believe this will be "numerical and verbal reasoning" and "abstract logic test" (this i can learn online)
3. real world job simulations: well this is self explanatory, simulation of real world problem and how would I handle it

Thank you all.
you got it all right, the interview is with a psychologist, she/he will go off your Resume and ask questions, also will ask you to give specific examples, pretty standard, you can compare with HR interview. The tests - correct as well. Real job simulation is indeed what you think it is, i am not sure though whether they tailor the "problem" to your function or not
Old Jun 4th 2014, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

khwork is an unknown quantity at this point

I will be flying in the 3rd week of june. Anyone will be there as well?
Old Jun 5th 2014, 1:38 am
Just Joined

herysoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

thanks for the confirmation sweetdeal. appreciate your input...finger crossed..
Old Jun 5th 2014, 3:48 am
Just Joined

AdamSayaf is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Jun 5th 2014, 7:43 am
Just Joined

fustyler is an unknown quantity at this point

For site visits to ADIA, does anyone know if they put you on business class for flights? The flight is around 12 hours and economy class is not going to be nice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.