Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Old Dec 12th 2014, 10:54 am
Just Joined

hirensyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Originally Posted by dein_gesicht
I'm from Australia too, but don't have enough posts to PM - how smoothly has the experience gone thus far? I'm also interested to know how experience in ADIA is viewed at other locations
Hey,

I just sent you a pm.
Old Dec 14th 2014, 10:39 am
Just Joined

PG84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hirensyd
I just passed my assessments and am due to fly out in Jan 2015 from Sydney.

PDI results came within 1 week of tests. Business simulations and interview will focus on soft skills and your personality based on the questionnaire you have completed. They will then look at all the aspects to give you an overall assessment.

Don't be overwhelmed. It will be fun. Do you best.

All the best.
Hi, thanks for the response. I took my PDI test last Friday and I must say it was a good experience. The simulations were interesting and I did well, so was the Math and progressive matrix. I am not confident on the verbal and feel very nervous about the result. How did you feel about the test after you took?

It gives me confidence that they look at all aspects of the assessment and give an overall assessment.
Old Dec 14th 2014, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Riina is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PG84
Hi, thanks for the response. I took my PDI test last Friday and I must say it was a good experience. The simulations were interesting and I did well, so was the Math and progressive matrix. I am not confident on the verbal and feel very nervous about the result. How did you feel about the test after you took?

It gives me confidence that they look at all aspects of the assessment and give an overall assessment.
Hi,

What do you mean by verbal? Did you have to do a presentation?

I'm sure you'll do just fine!
Old Dec 14th 2014, 11:16 am
Just Joined

PG84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Riina
Hi,

What do you mean by verbal? Did you have to do a presentation?

I'm sure you'll do just fine!
Sorry if I was not clear. I meant the verbal reasoning (True, False, Cannot Say type questions). The main reason for my nervousness is that I am not entirely sure what kind of a candidate the Interview and other behaviour simulations are looking for. And I do not know how one test would affect the overall assessment. May be I am thinking too much!.

I was just being myself and I hope that the characteristics that ADIA is looking for and mine have some match!

Thanks for the vote of confidence.
Old Dec 14th 2014, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

Riina is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi!

Don't worry about it too much - if you gave sensible responses and were consistent with the sort of person that came across at the first interview then I am sure you are absolutely fine!

I think if you found the assessments ok and you represented yourself the best you can then that's all you can do!

Enjoy the fact that it's over and relax over the xmas break!

Originally Posted by PG84
Sorry if I was not clear. I meant the verbal reasoning (True, False, Cannot Say type questions). The main reason for my nervousness is that I am not entirely sure what kind of a candidate the Interview and other behaviour simulations are looking for. And I do not know how one test would affect the overall assessment. May be I am thinking too much!.

I was just being myself and I hope that the characteristics that ADIA is looking for and mine have some match!

Thanks for the vote of confidence.
Old Dec 15th 2014, 11:52 pm
Just Joined

mdoe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All,

For anyone that has recieved the final offer and completed background checks and visa, how much time did you ask to get before your start date? PM if you want.

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 27th 2014, 3:54 am
Just Joined

Aussie_Mate is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

The website didn't notify me when new posts were made , so Apologize for not responding in time.

I still haven't heard anything (since late November) , wondering if anyone has got his/her application moving forward as yet.

Thanks
Old Dec 27th 2014, 3:55 am
Just Joined

and this post is for sending PM sake
Old Dec 27th 2014, 4:46 am
Just Joined

dein_gesicht is an unknown quantity at this point

Good to see another Aussie on the forum, what sort of role are you looking at?
Old Dec 27th 2014, 5:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dein_gesicht
Good to see another Aussie on the forum, what sort of role are you looking at?
I have just PMed you ,
Old Dec 27th 2014, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

Hey,
I passed my PDI tests and am due to fly out to AD in Jan 2015 from Sydney. I think what my agent told me is that they will wait until all the relevant people are back from holiday. May be that's why you were told that role is on hold.
hopefully you will soon get the call to fly out.

By the way what role are you going for? where in Australia are you from?

Goodluck

Hi mate,

I have PMed you as well. my role is for Technology.

cheers
Old Dec 29th 2014, 4:05 am
Just Joined

hirensyd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RKI_83
Clearance refers to your security checks being completed.

This includes all your references are ok, your CRB check in clear and attest of all your documents including your Highest Certification of education[Degree], Marriage Desertification and if you have children their Birth Certificates needs to be attested also.
Hi there,

Does anyone know if you need to provide salary certificates as part of security checks as well?

Thanks
Old Dec 29th 2014, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

Hi there,

Does anyone know if you need to provide salary certificates as part of security checks as well?

Thanks
Hi HirenSyd,

I have sent you a PM , for the salary cert , it was requested from me in an early interview stage (3 years salary history) , I was told that it help ADIA to better evaluate you and make a proper offer.

Thanks
Old Dec 31st 2014, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

onmooD is an unknown quantity at this point

very useful thread. my PDI is scheduled soon and wondering if any-one can help clarify how many questions were asked in what interval for each numerical/verbal/abstract tests?
Old Jan 3rd 2015, 10:36 am
JSB
Just Joined

JSB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by onmooD
very useful thread. my PDI is scheduled soon and wondering if any-one can help clarify how many questions were asked in what interval for each numerical/verbal/abstract tests?
I would also be interested in hearing about this breakdown on the tests.

I appreciate that it has been asked several times before but going through the various responses, everyone has a slightly different take on it (apart from the the one common theme of "being yourself" with little said on the more analytical part of the test - do they have different tests for different business units?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.