Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Old Mar 18th 2013, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

tonysom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Originally Posted by Hooker1128
It will come pal, iv been waiting since 12th January
Sorry brother I did not wish you congratulation. But let me tell you some thing, I am also waiting from same day.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

don.govender is an unknown quantity at this point

Got CNIA forms that I need to fill and send with 8 photos, and need to get all docs attested, that process cost in the region of R4000.00 here in SA....that should take 2 weeks and from that date 4-6 weeks for all internal and external approvals.
Question: Can the offer be withdrawn as it still does not have all internal and external approvals???
Old Mar 19th 2013, 5:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Originally Posted by don.govender
Got CNIA forms that I need to fill and send with 8 photos, and need to get all docs attested, that process cost in the region of R4000.00 here in SA....that should take 2 weeks and from that date 4-6 weeks for all internal and external approvals.
Question: Can the offer be withdrawn as it still does not have all internal and external approvals???
Yes - don't resign until you have a signed contract in your hand!
Old Mar 19th 2013, 10:49 am
Just Joined

limetcat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Little bit confused

Hi Guys

Ive just received an offer for the firefighter position and am a little bit confused by it as i dont currently work in this industry.
The 1000AED remote area allowance and the 600AED shift allowance that im entitled to, is that a daily allowance, a 4 day shift allowance or a one off payment? Im also assuming that I wouldnt get this whilst on holiday. Obviously all makes a massive difference.
Id be grateful for any advice.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 10:51 am
Just Joined

Hooker1128 is an unknown quantity at this point

Per month mate
Old Mar 19th 2013, 11:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hooker1128
Per month mate
Cheers mate. Just so im not being a total dip stick. Is the salary they have quoted per month? I assumed it was annually.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

expathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by limetcat
Cheers mate. Just so im not being a total dip stick. Is the salary they have quoted per month? I assumed it was annually.
Salary is monthly, housing is annually as is education allowance, furniture is one off.

You accepting?
Old Mar 19th 2013, 11:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by expathopeful
Salary is monthly, housing is annually as is education allowance, furniture is one off.

You accepting?
Cheers for that.

Really is pretty 50/50 at the mo. Was hoping for a bit more. Im not married to her either so another stumbling block.
You get offered a firefighter job as well?
Old Mar 19th 2013, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

expathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant future
Talking Re: Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Cheers for that.

Really is pretty 50/50 at the mo. Was hoping for a bit more. Im not married to her either so another stumbling block.
You get offered a firefighter job as well?
That's a pretty big stumbling block, get wed or get rid???

Yeah I got the offer, it's about what I was expecting, but not accepted yet, I'm trying to get some things in writing from them first.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 11:39 am
Just Joined

That's a pretty big stumbling block, get wed or get rid???

Yeah I got the offer, it's about what I was expecting, but not accepted yet, I'm trying to get some things in writing from them first.
Ha ha Thats the dilema right enough!

Think ill have to email them to clarify a few things as well. You looked into the housing. 110000AED going to be enough to get somewhere decent?
Old Mar 19th 2013, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Ha ha Thats the dilema right enough!

Think ill have to email them to clarify a few things as well. You looked into the housing. 110000AED going to be enough to get somewhere decent?
I've done nothing but for the past three months. Read back through the thread and you'll see comments made by people who live out there. Ive been looking mainly at Al Reem but getting conflicting info about it.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 11:52 am
Just Joined

I've done nothing but for the past three months. Read back through the thread and you'll see comments made by people who live out there. Ive been looking mainly at Al Reem but getting conflicting info about it.
Will do mate. Thanks for your help. Exciting times!
Old Mar 19th 2013, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

SJBexLFB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Little bit confused

Hi Guys

Ive just received an offer for the firefighter position and am a little bit confused by it as i dont currently work in this industry.
The 1000AED remote area allowance and the 600AED shift allowance that im entitled to, is that a daily allowance, a 4 day shift allowance or a one off payment? Im also assuming that I wouldnt get this whilst on holiday. Obviously all makes a massive difference.
Id be grateful for any advice.
WHAT.....THE.....F?....
Old Mar 19th 2013, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Little bit confused

Originally Posted by SJBexLFB
WHAT.....THE.....F?....
Thought the same thing mate, must mean he never worked in the ME. I take it your lengthy experience is still being overlooked by the powers that be?
Old Mar 19th 2013, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

SJBexLFB is an unknown quantity at this point

What will be, will be.....still sitting tight and hearing nothing, I take it you've had no improved offer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.