Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

technolog's K1 visa journey

technolog's K1 visa journey

Old Jan 28th 2014, 9:41 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: technolog's K1 visa journey

Originally Posted by technolog
We've not decided at this stage whether I'll be travelling with my fiancée or whether she'll enter the US before me. What should I put?
Put "no".

Rene
Old Jan 28th 2014, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

technolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law?

YES/NO
I'm hoping to have my GP medical records including vaccinations received by the time of the interview but I don't have them yet. Do I put yes or no?
Old Jan 28th 2014, 10:30 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm hoping to have my GP medical records including vaccinations received by the time of the interview but I don't have them yet. Do I put yes or no?
Answer each question as it applies to you on the day you're answering the question.

Rene
Old Jan 28th 2014, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

technolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond reputetechnolog has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Rene...

Do you seek to enter the United States for purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor but have not yet been certified by the Secretary of Labor?

YES/NO
I'd assume this is a 'yes'? But on second thoughts every other question is an easy 'no' so logic suggests this probably is too.
Old Jan 28th 2014, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

I answered no to the question above.

Now, despite it passing the test at the start of this process, my photo won't upload. I get the message 'An error occurred while processing your photo. Please try again later'.

I've saved the application and will indeed try again later. I guess it's a server error as I've checked my photo against the published criteria, it's 600x600, less than 240KB, 24 bit colour, sRGB and jpeg format. The file name is a bit on the long side though. I might try again with a shorter name.
Old Jan 28th 2014, 10:56 pm

Sorry Rene...

I'd assume this is a 'yes'? But on second thoughts every other question is an easy 'no' so logic suggests this probably is too.
That is not your intent. If you're getting a K-1 visa, your intent is to marry your USC petitioner. It has nothing to do with working.

Rene
Old Jan 28th 2014, 11:52 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

You need to review my 3 rules for filling out forms.

Ian
Old Jan 29th 2014, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Still no joy with uploading the photo. Guess I'll have to try again tomorrow.

What would you suggest if it still won't upload? Can I leave it and just take the photo to the interview? Is there a phone number or email address where I can ask about the problem I'm experiencing?
Old Jan 29th 2014, 12:16 am

Still no joy with uploading the photo. Guess I'll have to try again tomorrow.

What would you suggest if it still won't upload? Can I leave it and just take the photo to the interview? Is there a phone number or email address where I can ask about the problem I'm experiencing?
Since you said it passed the test the first time, I suggest just trying again tomorrow, or trying a different photo. Sounds like a technical issue.

You can try leaving it, but my guess is it won't go through until you use an acceptable photo.

Rene
Old Jan 29th 2014, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Since you said it passed the test the first time, I suggest just trying again tomorrow, or trying a different photo. Sounds like a technical issue.

You can try leaving it, but my guess is it won't go through until you use an acceptable photo.

Rene
It's passing the test every time. It states that it meets all the criteria. The error I'm getting is 'An error occurred while processing your photo. Please try again later'.

I'm going to try from my work PC later and, failing that, I'll try a different browser.
Old Jan 29th 2014, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

No good on either Chrome or Internet Explorer on my work PC. Still get the same error. I'll leave it until lunch time and try again. If it's not working by then, does anyone know who, where or how to contact someone who might be able to help?
Old Jan 29th 2014, 8:21 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

No good on either Chrome or Internet Explorer on my work PC. Still get the same error. I'll leave it until lunch time and try again. If it's not working by then, does anyone know who, where or how to contact someone who might be able to help?
http://london.usembassy.gov/niv/visa_contact_form.html
Old Jan 29th 2014, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks BunnyGirl. Message sent.

I'll keep trying at intervals and try another browser or two at home later.
Old Jan 29th 2014, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Although I kept trying throughout the day without success, it worked first time when I got home! So, DS-160 now submitted. Confirmation page printed, saved as PDF and emailed to me (not yet arrived in my inbox though around 30 mins after submitting).

All being well, I'll book my medical tomorrow.

My fiancée's mum was going to start on the I-134 yesterday she claimed so hopefully we'll see some progress on that front soon.

I'd applied to get my medical records from the hospital but they contacted me today to say there weren't any because they'd been destroyed in line with hospital policy . At least I get my cheque for the £50 fee returned.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Medical booked for week commencing 17/2/14.

The receptionist advised me to bring:

Passport

1 US passport photo

Police certificate

Vaccination record if available

Medical reports for any exisiting illnesses/conditions

My final vaccination is scheduled for 10th Feb so hopefully I should be able to take a record of that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.