Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Question for form i-130

Question for form i-130

Old Dec 5th 2017, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question for form i-130

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
I agree with this post. However, on a somewhat pedantic note, I would not add the word "line" to "time." Note the link refers only to "time" and provides only one point - the filing date of the oldest case "on the shelf." It takes two points to define a "line."

There is an all too human tendency to extrapolate future from the past.
Pedantic, maybe. But absolutely right!
Old Jul 30th 2018, 3:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: i-130 and twins - citizenship and passports

The only thing that comes to mind is that it increases the head count on the I 864, and Congratulations.

And Celebrations.
Old Jul 30th 2018, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

stu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
The only thing that comes to mind is that it increases the head count on the I 864, and Congratulations.

And Celebrations.
I can't see that will make much difference. How much sponsorship would it be for 4 kids and myself and my wife?

My wife has not worked full time for the past few years so she will not have earned enough money so we will have to pursue a different way.
Old Jul 30th 2018, 9:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stu_blue
I can't see that will make much difference. How much sponsorship would it be for 4 kids and myself and my wife?

My wife has not worked full time for the past few years so she will not have earned enough money so we will have to pursue a different way.
If your twins were born in the US (as I understand they were) then they don't need sponsoring. It is only you as the non US citizen.

To sponsor someone using income then your wife needs to be earning around 15K USD. If no income then US family or friends could be joint sponsors. They would need to be earning enough to cover the immigrant and their own household.

You mention 'for 4 kids' in your post - is that a typo error?

Assets can be used - 3 times the required income.

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Jul 30th 2018 at 9:19 pm.
Old Jul 30th 2018, 9:27 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Family of 5 is currently $36,775
Old Jul 30th 2018, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

stu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond reputestu_blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Did you look at the guideline link I attached? Of course it affects the amount. It goes by family/household size. She plus 2 kids is 3 people plus you is now 4 people. According to the link she would need:

$24,600 + 25% ($6,150) = $30,750

Does she earn that much?

If not then she can use her income plus assets to make up the difference. The only thing is that she needs to multiply the missing assets she is using by 5. For example,

Earns: $15,000

Missing: $15,750

So she would need $15,750 in assets times 5 = $78,750 (assets)
Hi Rete,

Our situation has now changed. It is my wife, myself and 4 children. 7 and 11 and 2 (3 week old) twins so that makes 6 of us. How much would that mean she has to earn?

Would the house go as an asset as she own it and has no mortgage on it? Or is it just savings?
Old Jul 30th 2018, 9:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rete,

Our situation has now changed. It is my wife, myself and 4 children. 7 and 11 and 2 (3 week old) twins so that makes 6 of us. How much would that mean she has to earn?

Would the house go as an asset as she own it and has no mortgage on it? Or is it just savings?
From your other postings the twins were born in the US (so do not need sponsoring for visas for the US). Your wife is US citizen so she does not need sponsoring.

What citizenship do the 7 and 11 year old have? If non US citizens then they visas as do you. That would mean your wife sponsoring 3 immigrants.

I've already answered how much it is to sponsor 3 immigrants - around 26K
Old Jul 30th 2018, 10:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes the twins were born in the US.

In our family is my wife and her 2 kids (7 and 11) and now me and the 2 twins so in total 4 children and 2 adults.

As I understand it from your earlier posts, your wife is a US citizen.... she does not need sponsoring. Your twins were born in the US to US citizen mother (they do not need sponsoring) and presumably her 7 and 8 year old are US citizens.

So its just YOU the non US citizen who is emigrating to the US - Yes?
Old Jul 30th 2018, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

Correct. Household is 6 of us.

US wife, her 2 US kids and 2 US babies

I am the UK citizen moving to the US.

I thought it was per household she has to have enough to cover us all inc me.

Old Jul 30th 2018, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

Yes my wife is US citizen with 2 kids born in US and now our 2 babies born in the US.

I am the UK citizen.

I thought it it was the fact the people in the house had to be included in terms of what she earns to support them inc my sponsorship.

Are you saying even though it would be 6 of us in the house as 5 are US citizens it’s only me who isn’t she only has to show earnings to support me being the UK citizen moving over there.
Old Jul 30th 2018, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
From your other postings the twins were born in the US (so do not need sponsoring for visas for the US). Your wife is US citizen so she does not need sponsoring.

What citizenship do the 7 and 11 year old have? If non US citizens then they visas as do you. That would mean your wife sponsoring 3 immigrants.

I've already answered how much it is to sponsor 3 immigrants - around 26K
there is confusion here.

I mention sponsorship but what I mean is I know I am the only one needing to be sponsored but I’m referring to the fact we have 2 more babies so the household income to sponsor me will increase.

The 7 and 11 are US citizens along with the twins and my wife.

Trying to undestand what we need in terms of wages / assets to be sponsor me when their are 5 US residents in the house.
Old Jul 30th 2018, 11:01 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

The household size will be 6.

Go to www.uscis.gov, For. I-864P to see what level of income is needed for a family of 6. Look at the 125% column.

if she doesn't rearm that much, assets can be used. Assets need to value 3x the amount lacking in income. The home she lives in currently can't be used because assets need to be liquidatable within 1 year if necessary with no hardship. Cash in the bank works best. Your assets in the UK can count, too, because you're married.

If you and she don't have enough in assets, a joint sponsor can be used.

Go to www.uscis.gov, Form I-864 and instructions. It's all in there.

Rene
Old Jul 30th 2018, 11:03 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
As I understand it from your earlier posts, your wife is a US citizen.... she does not need sponsoring. Your twins were born in the US to US citizen mother (they do not need sponsoring) and presumably her 7 and 8 year old are US citizens.

So its just YOU the non US citizen who is emigrating to the US - Yes?
The OP is the only one being sponsored, but the household size is still 6, so they have to look at that column on the I-864P.

Rene
Old Jul 30th 2018, 11:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The OP is the only one being sponsored, but the household size is still 6, so they have to look at that column on the I-864P.

Rene

Quite correct..... am confusing my US sponsorship with my UK sponsorship.....
Old Jul 31st 2018, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

It's just stupid the hoopes they make you jump through.

She has hardly earnt anything this past 2 years so she will have next to nothing to go against that required 40,000+ dollars needed for a family of 6

And if she uses savings your saying she needs 3 x that so 120,000. That is just ridiculous. This is going to be a big issue for me and my family now as we just don't have that sort of savings available.

It looks to me like we will not get past this stage then unless by a miracle we win the lottery. We have friends but they have families so will not be able to have the money required. I can maybe get savings up to 30 to 40,000 but it would have to be 3 x that which I don't have.

I don't even need to be sponsored as I will get work and have money to live while I find work.

Don't know where to turn now and I will have to break the news to my wife now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.