Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Preparing for K1 interview

Preparing for K1 interview

Old Aug 19th 2012, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

Jamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really nice
Default Re: Preparing for K1 interview

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yes. But you'd only need to show these if the ConOff asks, and in London they rarely ask.

Yes, although you probably won't be asked to show them.

The I-134 wasn't supposed to be submitted ahead of time, you're supposed to take it to the interview...but you'll be fine. Bring the original she's sending you, just in case.

Yes.

Don't worry. London is very relaxed about the amount of evidence and whether you have originals/copies and such. Sounds to me like you'll be fine.

Rene
Thank-you so much Rene, seriously i mean that! You're a star

Ok the next time i post i'll hopefully be reporting in very high spirits my K1 Visa being approved!!
Old Aug 21st 2012, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Jamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really nice

Ok one last post before my interview haha.

So i was wondering, when i'm there and they ask for my evidence to show i have financial support, if they aren't quite happy with what they see will they out right reject the case or do they ask if i have anything else?

what i mean is, i'm trying to get an idea of generally how the conversation goes with them. You see i'm now in possession of two I-134's and i have my bank statement that shows my savings and also another document that shows i have money savings in a bond.

I'm unsure if my fiancee's I-134 is going to be acceptable to them or not. The other I-134 is from her dad, my future father in law, and his I-134 reflects a much higher income.

So, once they ask to see my financial support i'm thinking to myself what to give them?? Do i hand them my fiancees I-134 followed by saying ''I also have savings myself and an additional I-134 if needs be'' Do i just say ''I also have savings'' and just not mention the other I-134 and only do so if the ConOff isn't happy with my fiancees I-134?? Is that even possible?

Folk who have been through this part of the process will be in a MUCH better position to comment than me, but basically what i'm getting at is after i hand over my things and they go off to review it, do they come back with a 'sorry you don't qualify' therefore missing your chance to provide any addition financial support you might of had, or do you still have an oppertunity to present them with something else?..
Old Aug 21st 2012, 1:00 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jamie1875
So, once they ask to see my financial support i'm thinking to myself what to give them?
You give them the one from your fiancee - and you say nothing. Not a peep! If it's a problem, you then hand over the one from her dad.

If neither is acceptable, and the officer doesn't like your own assets, then you will be given time to get another sponsor. Your visa will not be denied outright because of this.

Ian
Old Aug 21st 2012, 4:00 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You give them the one from your fiancee - and you say nothing. Not a peep! If it's a problem, you then hand over the one from her dad.

If neither is acceptable, and the officer doesn't like your own assets, then you will be given time to get another sponsor. Your visa will not be denied outright because of this.

Ian
+1 to everything Ian said.

Rene
Old Aug 21st 2012, 4:41 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, great answer.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

Ian