Reload this Page >

Medical on Friday... Too Soon?

Medical on Friday... Too Soon?

Old Aug 20th 2012, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Rob1985 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical on Friday... Too Soon?

Hi all,

Quick question... I have my CR1 visa medical booked for Friday. Having looked at the travel.state.gov website I see that it says I should have waited for an interview date before booking the medical? Is this correct? Should I cancel the medical or does the order of these events not matter?

Cheers,
Rob
Old Aug 20th 2012, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Medical on Friday... Too Soon?

do you have your LND NUMBER if so its fine to have the medical
Old Aug 20th 2012, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

OK thanks... yea you need the number to even book the medical... Thats what made me think I was OK.

Also, we have just paid the IV and AOS fees and are about to send the packages and documents. Do you send the IV documents (birth cert, police cert etc) with the DS230 or separately? Can we also put the AOS forms and evidence in the same package?

Finally, what evidence is actually required for the AOS? Her father is going to be a joint sponsor... Can they just use W-2s or do they NEED full tax returns and also how many years of income do they need to demonstrate? Just the last one?

Thanks for the help.

Rob
Old Aug 20th 2012, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

I see the website also says you need a recent pay statement for the AOS package...
Old Aug 20th 2012, 4:58 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rob1985
Do you send the IV documents (birth cert, police cert etc) with the DS230 or separately? Can we also put the AOS forms and evidence in the same package?
Perhaps you can clarify which process you're actually doing. In one breath you talk about the DS-230, and in another you talk about AOS. They are parts of two totally different processes. If you're getting a CR-1 visa, there is no AOS for you.

Finally, what evidence is actually required for the AOS?
Have you read any of the forms and the instructions for the forms? It's all there!

Her father is going to be a joint sponsor... Can they just use W-2s or do they NEED full tax returns and also how many years of income do they need to demonstrate? Just the last one?
Once you read the forms and the instructions for the forms, you'll have the answer.

Ian
Old Aug 20th 2012, 5:00 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

This is clearly spelled out in the I-864 instructions.

Regards, JEff

Finally, what evidence is actually required for the AOS? Her father is going to be a joint sponsor... Can they just use W-2s or do they NEED full tax returns and also how many years of income do they need to demonstrate? Just the last one?
Old Aug 20th 2012, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry Ian... AOS = Affidavit of Support!
Old Aug 20th 2012, 5:01 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Im confused - is this CR-1 (as in your in the UK) or AOS from K-1 (as in your in the US)?

EDIT - Cross posted, it makes sense now! Refer to the AOS as I-864. Makes far more sense that way.
Old Aug 20th 2012, 5:03 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

What might matter to you is that the visa will be valid for a period of 6 months from the date of the medical exam. The more time between when you have your medical exam and when the visa is issued, the less time you will have to pack up and leave for the USA.

Some people plan to leave within days or weeks of receiving the visa, so not an issue for them. Other people plan to leave months after receiving the visa, it can become an issue for them.

Regards, JEff

I have my CR1 visa medical booked for Friday. Having looked at the travel.state.gov website I see that it says I should have waited for an interview date before booking the medical? Is this correct? Should I cancel the medical or does the order of these events not matter?
Old Aug 20th 2012, 5:05 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Ian... AOS = Affidavit of Support!
D'Oh... it never even twigged! Thanks for clearing that up!

Ian
Old Aug 20th 2012, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Ok so tax returns and W-2s...

Can this all be sent in one envelope given that it is all going to the same place? Just with the two cover pages in front of their relevant forms/documents? Or should it be sent in two separate packs?
Old Aug 20th 2012, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

Jeff, I will be leaving mid November hopefully, so no worries with the medical timing out. Thanks for the heads up though!
Old Aug 20th 2012, 5:28 pm

Do the two cover letters show the same address? Once upon a time the Affidavit of Support documents and the visa application support documents went to two different PO boxes, for a reason. I don't know if that has changed.

Regards, JEff

Can this all be sent in one envelope given that it is all going to the same place? Just with the two cover pages in front of their relevant forms/documents? Or should it be sent in two separate packs?
Old Aug 20th 2012, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Ahhhh... Just noticed the subtle difference that the AOS one has 'Attn: CMR AOS' whilst the visa app one just has 'Attn: CMR'.
Old Aug 20th 2012, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

halfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nicehalfmoon is just really nice

We sent ours in the same envelope back in April. Not advocating one way or another but it worked out fine for us.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.