Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

please reply How many of you met online

please reply How many of you met online

Old Jan 14th 2005, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of
Default Re: please reply How many of you met online

Yep I met my wife on Udate.
I was bored one day and joined it (it was free in those days) and went out on a few dates in the UK and was having a great time being a 'naughty boy' if that's possible in early 50's !
One night (11th December 2000) drunk I went onto the US section and started swapping emails with a girl called 'Idle'
After a few messages, I was by then very drunk and asked if I could phone her and she said "Sure".
After that we spoke every day.
She came over on my birthday in January, we went back and forward a few times and deciding that I was fed up being happy we got married in Maryland in the September 2001.
Went to live in the UK. Wife got homesick, applied for DCF and moved here July 2002.
Apart from my 'well documented' struggle to get a 'good job' it was a great decision.
55 next week and pretty much enjoying life here
Old Jan 14th 2005, 6:13 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeanette&Ian
My husband and I met on a Hodgkin's Lymphoma Support (we both had the same type of cancer, isn't that romantic??) email list in late 2002. We met in July 2003 at a Hodgkin's Survivor Party in Philly and have been happy ever since! Married in August of 2004, with a pending I-130 in California...

Jeanette & Ian
Over 2 years cancer free and lovin' it!
Hi Jeanette & Ian,

I just wanted to say the way you met is the most unique I've heard of, and I'm so happy you found each other and are strong survivors

Best Wishes,
Rene <----who did NOT meet her hubby online, and never once had contact with him via chat or email. Old-fashioned to the core. LOL
Old Jan 14th 2005, 6:15 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by letysjim
my wife and I met on ICQ before we met in person . has any one else met online before you met
We didn't meet online but an online friend introduced us
Old Jan 14th 2005, 6:37 pm
Mattias Hembruch

In article <[email protected]> ,
Minty <member19773@british_expats.com> wrote:
    >> my wife and I met on ICQ before we met in person . has any one else
    >> met online before you met
    >We met through a Christian dating web site www.SingleC.com. She emailed
    >me first(!) in Jan 2003, we met a month later, proposed on Christmas Day
    >2003, spent 2004 on getting VISA, will be married in May 2005.

See earlier.. My wife emailed me first too.. www.christiandate.com (was on
singlec too :-). Good thing she didn't know where ONTARIO was at the time -
she just figured it must be "north of Washington", being from California :-)

Mattias

Old Jan 16th 2005, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Jeanette&Ian is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Jeanette & Ian,

I just wanted to say the way you met is the most unique I've heard of, and I'm so happy you found each other and are strong survivors

Best Wishes,
Rene <----who did NOT meet her hubby online, and never once had contact with him via chat or email. Old-fashioned to the core. LOL
Hi Noorah

Thank you! It was a pretty unique way of meeting a guy for sure! And it turned out to be pretty romantic in the end so it wasn't all bad, but I don't recommend it as an everday way of meeting a guy, LOL! Kind of a hard way of going about it but happy it worked out in the end.

Take care and thank you again
Jeanette