Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

A New Wiki Addition ... Please Read

A New Wiki Addition ... Please Read

Old Dec 16th 2009, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A New Wiki Addition ... Please Read

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
BG,

No, I don't. But neither do I enjoy seeing people give out misleading or incorrect information.

I also don't enjoy people telling me what I enjoy or what my intentions are.

Regards, JEff
Perhaps you might enjoy learning what a smiley means as to the tone of a post.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
BG36, can you not simply flesh out this existing article?
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Marriage_Based_Green_Card
Sorry, missed that.

I created the new page, may as well use it now.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

So where did we land on whether to include the Shusterman or not?

Is it worth having a poll?
Old Dec 16th 2009, 10:58 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
So where did we land on whether to include the Shusterman or not?

Is it worth having a poll?
My vote would be absolutely not, and I didn't think it was even up for consideration.
A guide to adjusting once you're here and the deed has happened is one thing (and is already covered on the aos guide existing). Posting the suggestion of pre-planning the act (which is where the problem lies) was never on the table and I don't think Admin would take kindly to it, all history considered.

edit: in fact, did we not just resolve this by deciding to make the page be regarding *visa* choices?
Old Dec 17th 2009, 2:46 am
BE Forum Addict

I agree with you.

And since nobody else replied about it....
Old Dec 17th 2009, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by fatbrit
See if the following works -- we have the same wiki as wikipedia. If it doesn't, you'll have to ask Sue to get IB to add the class.
Well it kinda looked like a table, but not quite right....plus no borders etc.

Plain HTML doesn't have the desired effect, either.

Does anyone see anything objectionable about just making the table up in Word then snapshotting it and embedding the graphic either on the site or from photobucket?

Edit: Not sure you can do that....just did a test and it just placed a link in the page, rather than the actual image. The button in the Wiki editor says 'embedded image' but doesn't seem to allow anything of the kind.

Last edited by BritishGuy36; Dec 17th 2009 at 8:08 pm.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 8:25 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried this? It doesn't make a ton of sense to me, but then again....

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Help:C....2C_and_sounds
Tables is the last item.

Failing that, page Bob to the thread? He seems good with the wiki.

PS: I really appreciate you sticking with this!
Old Dec 17th 2009, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh we'll get there, one way or the other.

If the table doesn't work, I can just do paragraphs for each. But a table would be better.

Will look at that link in a bit.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 8:39 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

images are bad though, hard to edit.

copy copy paste a table from a wiki entry somewhere and change the details and headers...
Old Dec 17th 2009, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

I know, I know. But I can't get the formatting that I need using a flat table.

I'll try thought and see how it comes out.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ok that's not going to work, because there are a number of cells where I need several items within the cell, but on seperate lines. The wiki table syntax doesn't seem to allow for that.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 3:50 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Ok that's not going to work, because there are a number of cells where I need several items within the cell, but on seperate lines. The wiki table syntax doesn't seem to allow for that.
If you have OpenOffice installed, the Sun Wiki Publisher extension does it all for you. Just been playing with it......and it works a treat. Couldn't find anything for M$ Office.......but there may be something.
Old Dec 19th 2009, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ok well as OO is free, I don't mind to install it.

I'll give it a god, but it's going to be Monday earliest now, as it's the weekend, and I want to go play in the snow.

But thanks for the tip.
Old Dec 19th 2009, 4:28 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Ok well as OO is free, I don't mind to install it.

I'll give it a god, but it's going to be Monday earliest now, as it's the weekend, and I want to go play in the snow.

But thanks for the tip.
After you've installed it, you don't need to connect to the wiki server.There an option to export as a txt file in Wikimedia format.