New K3 EAD Rollcall

Old Sep 28th 2004, 8:54 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New K3 EAD Rollcall

tweeky,

My wife got an interesting update on her I-765 yesterday - an e-mail from the NBC said, "On September 27, 2004, we transferred your I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION to an office in LINCOLN, NE for processing. That office has jurisdiction over the case. They will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office." Interesting that they called the NSC an 'office', rather than a service center.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
Update LOL... If I ever get an update.. I will post it!
By the way does anyone happen to know how long it takes for a rep to make an inquiry?, I am getting very anxious!!
I AM ABOUT TO LOSE MY MARBLES!!! LOL
Old Sep 28th 2004, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
tweeky,

My wife got an interesting update on her I-765 yesterday - an e-mail from the NBC said, "On September 27, 2004, we transferred your I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION to an office in LINCOLN, NE for processing. That office has jurisdiction over the case. They will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office." Interesting that they called the NSC an 'office', rather than a service center.

Regards, JEff
Interesting, and I think a good sign too.
Old Sep 28th 2004, 9:37 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CalgaryAMC
Interesting, and I think a good sign too.
So mayhap they have reversed themselves and due to all the other stuff they have to process they are now turning the EADs back to the local centers. Wonder if the same old flucuation will apply, ie Atlanta taking 75-90 days, Boston same day, etc..........
Old Sep 28th 2004, 10:03 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

cindy,

What makes me curious is that there is no local office in Lincoln, Nebraska. Only the service center. My local office is the Indianapolis Sub Office.

My wife's I-765 was based on her K3 status (a)(9) at the time that the application was submitted. However, she subsequently applied for adjustment of status and the NSC does process I-765 for adjustment cases (c)(9). I wonder if the NBC decided to change the basis for the I-765 and that triggered the transfer. That would be nice, because the NSC is 4 months ahead of the NBC on processing date.

Or, this may be the beginning of a FUBAR.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by cindyabs
So mayhap they have reversed themselves and due to all the other stuff they have to process they are now turning the EADs back to the local centers. Wonder if the same old flucuation will apply, ie Atlanta taking 75-90 days, Boston same day, etc..........
Old Sep 28th 2004, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice

Originally Posted by cindyabs
I suspect they have simply sent a truckload of I-765s to the NSC as a one-off backlog reduction effort.
Old Sep 30th 2004, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Me - Illinois, USA / Husband - Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Michi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Everybody!!!!! I got an e-mail yesterday from USCIS and didn´t read it till today, it says....

Receipt Number: MSCxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status:

On September 27, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

WOOHOOOOO!!!! We are so happy (this card is for my husband), we went to the S.S. Office on Monday and they said that by Friday or Monday at the latest we should receive his social security number through the mail... finally!!!! Now he can start job hunting, yeah!!!
Old Sep 30th 2004, 1:38 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

cindy,

What makes me curious is that there is no local office in Lincoln, Nebraska. Only the service center. My local office is the Indianapolis Sub Office.

My wife's I-765 was based on her K3 status (a)(9) at the time that the application was submitted. However, she subsequently applied for adjustment of status and the NSC does process I-765 for adjustment cases (c)(9). I wonder if the NBC decided to change the basis for the I-765 and that triggered the transfer. That would be nice, because the NSC is 4 months ahead of the NBC on processing date.

Or, this may be the beginning of a FUBAR.

Regards, JEff

Ok, so they started shipping 130s from TSC to NSC then from NSC to CSC and now they've started on 765s? This is too twisted for color tv.......
Old Oct 1st 2004, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

d_medina is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

My husband is here in US with a K3. We have just sent off the I-765 to chicago (filing under category (a)(9)). I'm a bit confused about the process. Does he go for biometrics? Does he get an appointment letter requesting that? How does it work?

We plan to file for AOS after we fill up the piggy bank a bit more.
Old Oct 1st 2004, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

venkimani is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by d_medina
Hi everyone,

My husband is here in US with a K3. We have just sent off the I-765 to chicago (filing under category (a)(9)). I'm a bit confused about the process. Does he go for biometrics? Does he get an appointment letter requesting that? How does it work?

We plan to file for AOS after we fill up the piggy bank a bit more.
The Answer is .....yes
after submission of i-765 with the required fee you will get a NOA that the i-765 application has been received and you will have your instruction to call the number and fix appointment for the bio-metric and once the bio-metric is down your count down of 90 days waiting time beigns
congrats and cheers for you and your hubby
Venki
Old Oct 1st 2004, 10:43 pm

Venki,

I believe the 90-day countdown to eligibility for an interim EAD begins with the Receipt Date on the I-797C, not with the biometrics appointment.

Unless, perhaps, one stalls around and does not schedule their bometrics appointment within 90 days of the Receipt Date.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by venkimani
The Answer is .....yes
after submission of i-765 with the required fee you will get a NOA that the i-765 application has been received and you will have your instruction to call the number and fix appointment for the bio-metric and once the bio-metric is down your count down of 90 days waiting time beigns
congrats and cheers for you and your hubby
Venki
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 12:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough

Venki,

I believe the 90-day countdown to eligibility for an interim EAD begins with the Receipt Date on the I-797C, not with the biometrics appointment.

Unless, perhaps, one stalls around and does not schedule their bometrics appointment within 90 days of the Receipt Date.

Regards, JEff
Phew! Thanks JEff, I was freaking out for a minute when I read that last post!
Old Oct 6th 2004, 8:54 pm
Ric
Forum Regular

Ric has a spectacular aura aboutRic has a spectacular aura aboutRic has a spectacular aura about
Default p****d off

<rant>

Had a nice phone call from the SS office today...

The woman was calling to tell me that my SSN application had been denied because the EAD on which I based the claim (temporary one issued 3 months ago) had expired. It expired today. I've been waiting like 10 or 11 weeks for this SSN claim and it had sat with the gov awaiting document verification all this time. And they send it back today, the same day my EAD expires. GFJ.

So I guess that makes the whole exercise of getting a temp EAD and using it to get a SSN completely pointless. I now have neither and am stuck waiting on the REAL EAD to come through so I can re-apply for a SSN, from scratch. The woman said she could not 'keep my file open' until the real EAD comes. It was worth a try, thought it might save some time. I'm annoyed that even after the real EAD comes I might have to wait another 10-11 weeks to get the SSN.

Why did they (the gov) hold onto my case (allegedly to verify what they already know) so long that the temp on which it was based expired. It's either intentional or a bad coincidence. Has this happened to anyone else who applied for a SSN based on their temp EAD?

Incidentally, does it still take like 10 weeks for them to verify documents even if you apply for a SSN based on a full EAD?

We're so poor we struggle eat. Really didn't need this one, argh

</rant>
Old Oct 6th 2004, 9:44 pm
GreenCard Holder

NKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant future
Default Re: p****d off

Originally Posted by Ric
<rant>

Had a nice phone call from the SS office today...

The woman was calling to tell me that my SSN application had been denied because the EAD on which I based the claim (temporary one issued 3 months ago) had expired. It expired today. I've been waiting like 10 or 11 weeks for this SSN claim and it had sat with the gov awaiting document verification all this time. And they send it back today, the same day my EAD expires. GFJ.

</rant>
Ric I'm sorry to hear what they did to you. That really sucks big time.

On a similar note, my husband's EAD application was denied. We received a letter yesterday which was dated AUGUST 18, 2004 (didn't realize the mail was that slow???) Oddly enough it wasn't postmarked until September 27th.

I think Cindy will remember that we had this big mess about USCIS saying they were sending a letter requesting more information. Well that was back in May 2004. We never got the letter despite calling them every 30 days (as they requested) stating the mail never came!! So can you imagine our horror to find this letter saying we didn't comply with providing the additional information they requested

My hubby does have his interim EAD but it will expire next month. Luckily (or unluckily) he doesn't have a job yet. However it really bites since now it looks like we'll have to apply all over again.

Ric, I wish you luck in your case...I really feel your pain. Anyone who has suggestions for my case please share them.

Na'imah
Old Oct 6th 2004, 10:59 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ric
<rant>
Incidentally, does it still take like 10 weeks for them to verify documents even if you apply for a SSN based on a full EAD?

</rant>
Hi Ric,

Sorry to hear all this trouble you're having. My husband's experience was a little different because he entered on a K1, but it did indeed take 8 weeks for USCIS to verify his status here and pass that along to the SS office. From that point, it took 2 weeks to get his SS card in the mail...10 weeks total waiting time. I feel for you.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Oct 14th 2004, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

stephiefrank is an unknown quantity at this point

I am on day 175 since I got my biometrics done. Cant wait until Monday when my 180 is up and I can call and find out whats happening. My temp EAD was denied due to "unresolved issues" not quite sure what that means and when i asked the "nice" INS lady if she could tell me so that perhaps they could be unresolvede she told me that they were only doing me a favour if the gave me a Temp EAD and apparently they didnt want to extend that courtesy to me. I know what it is like trying to pay the bills, my USC hubby is a full time student and works at a local restaurant to pay our bills, not leaving much room for fun. GOD BLESS CREDIT CARDS!!!

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Ric,

Sorry to hear all this trouble you're having. My husband's experience was a little different because he entered on a K1, but it did indeed take 8 weeks for USCIS to verify his status here and pass that along to the SS office. From that point, it took 2 weeks to get his SS card in the mail...10 weeks total waiting time. I feel for you.

Best Wishes,
Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.