New K3 EAD Rollcall

Old Aug 4th 2004, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough

We went down to Albuquerque yesterday to get David's EAD fingerprinting done. I thought I'd post here in case anyone in the future is searching for information on Albuquerque.

The office was in the South Valley, which is as similar to Mexico as you can get without crossing the border. I really like the feeling of the South Valley - very casual, lots of trees, nice people. If we lived in Albuquerque, I'd want to live there. So much better than going downtown or something. The "INS Support Center" was in a strip mall right next to a carneceria (butcher shop). David was asking "What's tripia? What's barbacoa?"

The office was HUGE. There was a tiny desk set up at the front door. The reception person was nice; he told us to turn off our cellphones and take a seat.

Only one other family waiting, and there were waaaaaaay more chairs than they needed. Two other families came in after us. There was a scary raggedy ann type doll dressed in red white and blue, and a soldier doll with a tiny weapon that looked like it was going to storm out from behind the potted plant.

The guy at the counter took David's passport and NOA, then took him behind the counter for fingerprinting, his signature and a photo. They have new photo specifications, and they were having a few problems; they had to move the chair back and forth to get the right head size). They stamped his EAD NOA1 with a red "Biometrics Processing Stamp" and dated it. Then we were free to go. We were there maybe half an hour.

Now I guess we wait for Day 91 to get the Interim EAD...
Old Aug 4th 2004, 9:31 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Buendia
We went down to Albuquerque yesterday to get David's EAD fingerprinting done. I thought I'd post here in case anyone in the future is searching for information on Albuquerque.

The office was in the South Valley, which is as similar to Mexico as you can get without crossing the border. I really like the feeling of the South Valley - very casual, lots of trees, nice people. If we lived in Albuquerque, I'd want to live there. So much better than going downtown or something. The "INS Support Center" was in a strip mall right next to a carneceria (butcher shop). David was asking "What's tripia? What's barbacoa?"

The office was HUGE. There was a tiny desk set up at the front door. The reception person was nice; he told us to turn off our cellphones and take a seat.

Only one other family waiting, and there were waaaaaaay more chairs than they needed. Two other families came in after us. There was a scary raggedy ann type doll dressed in red white and blue, and a soldier doll with a tiny weapon that looked like it was going to storm out from behind the potted plant.

The guy at the counter took David's passport and NOA, then took him behind the counter for fingerprinting, his signature and a photo. They have new photo specifications, and they were having a few problems; they had to move the chair back and forth to get the right head size). They stamped his EAD NOA1 with a red "Biometrics Processing Stamp" and dated it. Then we were free to go. We were there maybe half an hour.

Now I guess we wait for Day 91 to get the Interim EAD...
"One small step for man..........."
Old Aug 24th 2004, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Me - Illinois, USA / Husband - Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Michi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New K3 EAD Rollcall

Hi cindyabs,

My husband and I went yesterday to Chicago for his interim EAD, got it without a problem, good for only 3 months though Hopefully by then we will have the good one approved!!

By the way, it's been very interesting reading your thread regarding your I-130... as we have decided we are not going to do AOS but rather wait for the I-130 to be approved and go overseas and do consular filing. Thanks for keeping us informed!!

Michi,
Old Aug 24th 2004, 2:35 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michi
Hi cindyabs,

My husband and I went yesterday to Chicago for his interim EAD, got it without a problem, good for only 3 months though Hopefully by then we will have the good one approved!!

By the way, it's been very interesting reading your thread regarding your I-130... as we have decided we are not going to do AOS but rather wait for the I-130 to be approved and go overseas and do consular filing. Thanks for keeping us informed!!

Michi,
Congrats on getting the interim. I swear I do not see a sense of rhyme nor reason-our interim was good for 8 months, the "real" EAD for 3 1/2-it's nutso!
Glad if the 130 thread is helpful. For us, this is the best way.

Update for the list. Anyone else?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Hey everyone...

Well, we're finally in New Mexico (arrived July 17th) and have applied for David's EAD... we mailed it to Chicago on July 19th and through USPS tracking found that it arrived on July 21... no NOA yet...

I've been keeping up on posts to this thread in anticipation of joining it... and here we are!

David is working on his next book, so he's busy, but would like a job outside the house so he can make some friends that aren't just through me. I've started a new architecture firm... I already have some work that should take us through the next two months, and I submitted a proposal to design a small office building for the Dept of Transportation. But I can't wait until David can bring in some money, too!!

Allright then-onward and upward Buendia, . Thank goodness Tweeks FINALLY went and got her interim!!! The timespan seems to be a good six months now on the "real" ones.......

Black Label 15 July 14 Nov
>
> NYC/Cnda 18 Aug 24 Nov
>
> Maggs 26 Aug 14 Nov
>
> Hung Dao 29 Aug 17 Nov

> Lizzie1977 02 Sep 05/08 Jan 04

> Venkimani 09 Sep 28 Nov
>
> Bree Bree 10 Sep 28 Nov
>
> Cacti 15 Sep 1 Dec
>
> rcoloyan 18 Sep 28 Nov

>jongsoon 23 Sep 06 Nov

> Berga 27 Sep 18 Nov

Speedyvespa 30 Sept 15 Dec

> Linti2002 06 Oct 29 Jan

> Cindyabs 07 Oct 23 Jan (interim EAD from service center) 23 Feb NBC EAD

EricL 23 Oct 27 Jan (interim EAD from service center)

Sthrnshrte 03 Dec

NKA418 30 Dec 5 May (interim EAD from local service center

Millana 13 Jan 19 May (interim EAD from local service center FINALLY)

davewilliams 16 Jan 19 Apr (interim EAD from service center)

ifardi 22 Jan 23 Apr (interim EAD from service center)

sequoia 17 Feb 18 May (interim EAD from service center)

JoshsCarole 17 Feb

roi 24 Feb 25 May

Leslie66 2 Mar 26 May

lpdiver 04 Mar 18 Jun

Simon&Vik 8 Mar 10 June (interim EAD from service center)

ric 31 Mar 7 Jul (interim EAD from service center

Hypertweeky 14 Apr (interim EAD from service center)

rainbow 23 Apr

bguy1954 03 May

michi 05 May 23 Aug (interim EAD from service center)

Old Aug 24th 2004, 2:40 pm
GreenCard Holder

NKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant futureNKA418 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Michi
Hi cindyabs,

Michi,
Hey Michi,

Sorry his EAD was only good for three months :| What a bummer. Hopefully you'll get a longer 'real' EAD.

My husband's 'real' one still hasn't come. It's really frustrating, but oh well. His I-130 petition was approved so that's good news. We'd love to do the counsular filing, but unfortunately we don't have to funds to fly back to Egypt right now. Too bad because my hubby really misses his family. AOS....here we come, lol.

Na'imah
Old Aug 24th 2004, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

bguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nicebguy1954 is just really nice

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Congrats on getting the interim. I swear I do not see a sense of rhyme nor reason-our interim was good for 8 months, the "real" EAD for 3 1/2-it's nutso!
Glad if the 130 thread is helpful. For us, this is the best way.

Update for the list. Anyone else?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Hey everyone...

Well, we're finally in New Mexico (arrived July 17th) and have applied for David's EAD... we mailed it to Chicago on July 19th and through USPS tracking found that it arrived on July 21... no NOA yet...

I've been keeping up on posts to this thread in anticipation of joining it... and here we are!

David is working on his next book, so he's busy, but would like a job outside the house so he can make some friends that aren't just through me. I've started a new architecture firm... I already have some work that should take us through the next two months, and I submitted a proposal to design a small office building for the Dept of Transportation. But I can't wait until David can bring in some money, too!!

Allright then-onward and upward Buendia, . Thank goodness Tweeks FINALLY went and got her interim!!! The timespan seems to be a good six months now on the "real" ones.......

Black Label 15 July 14 Nov
>
> NYC/Cnda 18 Aug 24 Nov
>
> Maggs 26 Aug 14 Nov
>
> Hung Dao 29 Aug 17 Nov

> Lizzie1977 02 Sep 05/08 Jan 04

> Venkimani 09 Sep 28 Nov
>
> Bree Bree 10 Sep 28 Nov
>
> Cacti 15 Sep 1 Dec
>
> rcoloyan 18 Sep 28 Nov

>jongsoon 23 Sep 06 Nov

> Berga 27 Sep 18 Nov

Speedyvespa 30 Sept 15 Dec

> Linti2002 06 Oct 29 Jan

> Cindyabs 07 Oct 23 Jan (interim EAD from service center) 23 Feb NBC EAD

EricL 23 Oct 27 Jan (interim EAD from service center)

Sthrnshrte 03 Dec

NKA418 30 Dec 5 May (interim EAD from local service center

Millana 13 Jan 19 May (interim EAD from local service center FINALLY)

davewilliams 16 Jan 19 Apr (interim EAD from service center)

ifardi 22 Jan 23 Apr (interim EAD from service center)

sequoia 17 Feb 18 May (interim EAD from service center)

JoshsCarole 17 Feb

roi 24 Feb 25 May

Leslie66 2 Mar 26 May

lpdiver 04 Mar 18 Jun

Simon&Vik 8 Mar 10 June (interim EAD from service center)

ric 31 Mar 7 Jul (interim EAD from service center

Hypertweeky 14 Apr (interim EAD from service center)

rainbow 23 Apr

bguy1954 03 May

michi 05 May 23 Aug (interim EAD from service center)

August 9 made appointment to get interim EAD went there and had to fill out another form. Was told Orlando had backlogs and not come back til August 18 to get interim as they do not give them out only on wednedays.
Went and got it only had to wait for 10 minutes after making sure we were very early. There was only two other people waiting, so much for back log.
Informed that I-130 is approved and could do it in Thailand. In Orlando they say it is 3 years for processing the AOS and if we want to go back to Thailand for a visit we have to file other forms and pay more or AOS will be invalid
Really am thinking about her going back to Thailand so she can come back with the real stamp rather than waitnig for slow Orlando. # years before she can get resident stamp, crazy.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 4:20 pm
At last in Josh's arms =)

JoshsCarole is an unknown quantity at this point

GUYS!!!!!!!!!! I'M APPROVED!!!! I can hardly believe it!!! =) I got approved on Sept 13th, which is the day I flew back for France for two weeks to defend my thesis. I'll get back in 2 weeks to my EAD card!! =) Hopefully, Ivan won't have blown it away.......

Carole
Old Sep 15th 2004, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by JoshsCarole
GUYS!!!!!!!!!! I'M APPROVED!!!! I can hardly believe it!!! =) I got approved on Sept 13th, which is the day I flew back for France for two weeks to defend my thesis. I'll get back in 2 weeks to my EAD card!! =) Hopefully, Ivan won't have blown it away.......

Carole
Congratulations Carole!!!! So great to see an approval! Best of luck to everyone else...
Old Sep 15th 2004, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

tenni is an unknown quantity at this point

Carole
wow... it took 7 months for them to finally approve your EAD?!?!

glad to hear you finally got it!! congratulations!!

--tenni
Old Sep 15th 2004, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

quick question, which i remember reading on another post before (but can't find it now):

you can get an interim ead card after 90 days has passed. so is that 90 days after the noa1 receive date or the date you got your biometrics? also, does the date it starts at count as a day passed?

for instance, our noa1 date is 7/15.
the 91st day INCLUDING 7/15 is 10/13.
the 91st day starting on 7/16 is 10/14.

kay, thanks!!

--tenni
Old Sep 15th 2004, 9:10 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tenni
quick question, which i remember reading on another post before (but can't find it now):

you can get an interim ead card after 90 days has passed. so is that 90 days after the noa1 receive date or the date you got your biometrics? also, does the date it starts at count as a day passed?

for instance, our noa1 date is 7/15.
the 91st day INCLUDING 7/15 is 10/13.
the 91st day starting on 7/16 is 10/14.

kay, thanks!!

--tenni
Hi Tenni,

According to the lady who set our biometrics date, the 90 days starts on the day after the NOA received date. Your day 1 would be on 7/16.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Sep 28th 2004, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: New K3 EAD Rollcall

wooohooo!! my husband got a job offer! he starts on the 18th of october. according to our schedule, he can get his interim ead on the 14th. hopefully we won't run into any problems. i just checked the infopass schedule and today they have appointments for oct 7,8,12 in the san jose sub office. guess we'll try back in a two days.

just a friendly reminder for everyone to update or create their ead timelines here: http://mediabrew.com/k3/ead_list.php

thanks!
tenni
Old Sep 28th 2004, 7:25 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Carole
CONGRATS FRENCH TOAST!
Don't forget to send me a PM and tell me how your thesis went!!
Take care!!

Ps: No more hurricanes please!!!
Old Sep 28th 2004, 7:27 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

wow... it took 7 months for them to finally approve your EAD?!?!

glad to hear you finally got it!! congratulations!!

--tenni
Yeah Tenni.. I hope I am next, I am out of luck:scared:
Old Sep 28th 2004, 7:30 pm

wooohooo!! my husband got a job offer! he starts on the 18th of october. according to our schedule, he can get his interim ead on the 14th. hopefully we won't run into any problems. i just checked the infopass schedule and today they have appointments for oct 7,8,12 in the san jose sub office. guess we'll try back in a two days.

just a friendly reminder for everyone to update or create their ead timelines here: http://mediabrew.com/k3/ead_list.php

thanks!
tenni
Update LOL... If I ever get an update.. I will post it!
By the way does anyone happen to know how long it takes for a rep to make an inquiry?, I am getting very anxious!!
I AM ABOUT TO LOSE MY MARBLES!!! LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.