Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Marriage Troubleshooting Guide: Does anybody have one?

Wikiposts

Marriage Troubleshooting Guide: Does anybody have one?

Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:41 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage Troubleshooting Guide: Does anybody have one?

Originally Posted by britex01
Such simple pleasures as that, I admit, are good for the soul ... ... And hey, a decent bath can be thought as an essential asset towards one's overall sense of well-being, can it not?

Les Cailloux or a nice Chardonnay, jeune dame? ...

---
Definitely a glass of Les Cailloux. I want something red and quite rich and of medium body. That recommendation is perfect. Yummmmm...*sigh*
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Such simple pleasures as that, I admit, are good for the soul ... ... And hey, a decent bath can be thought as an essential asset towards one's overall sense of well-being, can it not?

Les Cailloux or a nice Chardonnay, jeune dame? ...

---
One word for you..... jacuzzi!

Yuck to the Chardonnay, unless it's French. But another nice one... yep...
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:55 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
Tell her to grow up?

Seriously - scanning and approving your emails!? Telling you what you should/shouldn't say to your own parents !!??

I agree, get your own email account.

Depending upon the results of above:

A) Tell her to grow up

- or -

B) Try to address whatever big problems there might be by discussing them
I agree

The concept of my wife approving any of my emails (except ones with a legal bias that I ask her to review as an attorney) is frankly laughable

same the other way - I would get a swuft rebuttal if I started to review her emails

Roland, you need to find the closet that your wife hid your balls in after she snipped them off - harsh but true
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
I agree

The concept of my wife approving any of my emails (except ones with a legal bias that I ask her to review as an attorney) is frankly laughable

same the other way - I would get a swuft rebuttal if I started to review her emails

Roland, you need to find the closet that your wife hid your balls in after she snipped them off - harsh but true
ha!
Has your wife ever represented herself and sued someone or a company?

Just interested seeing as this is such a litigeous country
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:59 am
In yonder hills

britex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond repute

One word for you..... jacuzzi!

Yuck to the Chardonnay, unless it's French. But another nice one... yep...
Okay, a jac is also good, rippling away... But somehow doesn't feel the same as 'simply taking a bath'. A bath and a jac are two different sensations and appeal, to my mind. Or is it that I haven't really had that much experience with jacuzzi's to appreciate the greater benefits in full? I dunno... ...

And yes, a French Chardonnay, of course ...

----
Old Feb 26th 2008, 9:03 am
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute

Dont get married, you will find women only have a couple of knobs to turn when they are single and it,s sooo much nicer having different type knobs to play with
Old Feb 26th 2008, 9:06 am
Militant Ginger

Roland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond repute

Yuck to the Chardonnay,
Awesome. You have amazing taste. Can't stand chardy unless it's a Bourgogne.

What is the American obsession with it? I went to the cheesecake factory on Sunday and their wine list was divided into two equal lists - Chardonnays and Other Wines.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 9:13 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roland Hulme

What is the American obsession with it? I went to the cheesecake factory on Sunday and their wine list was divided into two equal lists - Chardonnays and Other Wines.
Chardonnay is not a recent phenomena believe it or not. It was made quite popular in the 90's and it has still held a portion of the spotlight in wine choice. It's one of those wines that was heavily promoted and because of that it became the en vogue libation. This along with Sauvingon Blanc, another popular wine. I actually prefer a nice buttery-nutty red or a bright semi-dry Riesling.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 9:14 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

dunno..i can't stand any chardonnay
Old Feb 26th 2008, 9:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, a jac is also good, rippling away... But somehow doesn't feel the same as 'simply taking a bath'. A bath and a jac are two different sensations and appeal, to my mind. Or is it that I haven't really had that much experience with jacuzzi's to appreciate the greater benefits in full? I dunno... ...

And yes, a French Chardonnay, of course ...

----
Well, you can turn the jets off if you like, and just have the giant tub. With or without bubbles We did discover once, however, that letting Keith add the bubbles and running the jacuzzi gives.... BUBBLES!

I have no idea what the obsession is - California Chardonnay is so oaked I feel like... if I wanted to chew on an oak branch, I'd go out in the front yard.

I like the waiter who said re. ordering wine "A-B-C" Anything But Chardonnay or Cabernet.

I don't dislike Cabernet that much, but there are lots of other good choices.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 9:59 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry, which part of the British ExFats program did I miss where you get to go to the Cheesecake Factory AND have wine???

I'm on a Spanish reds thing most recently. But not *recently* recently. I'm sticking to The Plan <koff>.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 10:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
dunno..i can't stand any chardonnay
Sickly stuff - I liked the Les Patterson 'Chardonnay' song
Old Feb 26th 2008, 10:26 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
You're a poor substitute; at least when our Dear Departed posted something silly like that, the joke was perfectly clear. Aren't you just stealing someone else's material?
I think we've found another woman who reads her husbands e-mails before he sends them.
My 'material' is all original, there's some humor and truth in most of them.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:29 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
I think we've found another woman who reads her husbands e-mails before he sends them.
ha. He thought 'e-male' was some kind of transvestite before he met me.
He does ask me to do a lot of his typing though...
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:32 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
ha. He thought 'e-male' was some kind of transvestite before he met me.
He does ask me to do a lot of his typing though...
Pffftttt that's nothing.
I usually dictate all my BE posts to Elina so I don't have to bother typing them

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.