Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Marriage Troubleshooting Guide: Does anybody have one?

Wikiposts

Marriage Troubleshooting Guide: Does anybody have one?

Old Feb 25th 2008, 7:16 am
Militant Ginger

Roland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Marriage Troubleshooting Guide: Does anybody have one?

Seriously, marriage is totally unfair. When your wife is upset with you, you're expected to work out WHY and WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT all by yourself.

Where's the solidarity? Where's the collected pool of masculine knowledge ont he subject? Where's the Haynes manual?

Seriously, I'd LOVE to have a book that has a complete strip-down and rebuild of the '78 Italian/Jewish lowrider model with the big headlights. Next time there's a problem, if would be so much easier to scratch my head, scan the index, turn to page 102 and find out I need to say this, followed by that, refill with a glass or wine and then she'll be back in full working order in no time.

Old Feb 25th 2008, 7:18 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage Troubleshooting Guide: Does anybody have one?

Originally Posted by Roland Hulme
Seriously, marriage is totally unfair. When your wife is upset with you, you're expected to work out WHY and WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT all by yourself.

Where's the solidarity? Where's the collected pool of masculine knowledge ont he subject? Where's the Haynes manual?

Seriously, I'd LOVE to have a book that has a complete strip-down and rebuild of the '78 Italian/Jewish lowrider model with the big headlights. Next time there's a problem, if would be so much easier to scratch my head, scan the index, turn to page 102 and find out I need to say this, followed by that, refill with a glass or wine and then she'll be back in full working order in no time.

http://crazyburners.com/blog/wp-cont...6/01/women.jpg
Okay Roland. What did you do and why did it take you so long to apologize for it?
Old Feb 25th 2008, 7:27 am
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

My one usually prefers that I let her get over it by herself. I have set expectations low so she does expect to get upset with me at regular intervals, and I constantly remind her that I can be a dick sometimes and she knew that before we got married so she can't blame me.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute

I would never read a Haynes manual, i would just hit said broken object with a hammer..... you could try that
Old Feb 25th 2008, 7:49 am
Militant Ginger

Roland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond repute

WELL. I have been having a slight disagreement with my parents, in which my wife has taken her usual interest (scanning and 'approving' all emails before being sent, etc.)

Now I sneakily sent a concilitory email to my folks without her knowing. And now she's angry at me for emailing them without her knowledge and for 'wimping out' by trying to smooth things over (without 'sticking up for myself' in a disgreement in which I was possibly not entirely right.)

Which is followed by the announcement that she's utterly depressed and isn't happy being married to me and nothing I can say will make her feel any better, she's off to bed and not checking her email any more.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 7:49 am
Militant Ginger

Originally Posted by basementwaj
I would never read a Haynes manual, i would just hit said broken object with a hammer..... you could try that
Hmmmmm. I think that might end with a stint in the electric chair.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 7:55 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

You realise that if she sees this thread then she will be even more upset....

As for trying to figure out women.... men have been trying to do that for countless generations and have had no success. Just accept the fact that you will always be wrong no matter what you do and always be ready to apologise regardless of fault, and you may, just may, get somewhere.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 7:58 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Being a typical man I wouldn't read the manual. I prefer the hands on approach, fiddle around with the various bits and pieces, until they break.................. one week a month
Then take it back and get the latest model
Old Feb 25th 2008, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute

WELL. I have been having a slight disagreement with my parents, in which my wife has taken her usual interest (scanning and 'approving' all emails before being sent, etc.)

Now I sneakily sent a concilitory email to my folks without her knowing. And now she's angry at me for emailing them without her knowledge and for 'wimping out' by trying to smooth things over (without 'sticking up for myself' in a disgreement in which I was possibly not entirely right.)

Which is followed by the announcement that she's utterly depressed and isn't happy being married to me and nothing I can say will make her feel any better, she's off to bed and not checking her email any more.
i know how this is... im in an argument with my sister.. haven't spoken with her for 6 months. My folks want me to reconcile, but my wife is adament i should stick to my guns..

You just gotta do what you gotta do.

As for her not being happy married to you, just show her your knight rider picture on a regular basis and she will remember why she married you
Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:04 am
Dis-Member

SagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
As for trying to figure out women.... men have been trying to do that for countless generations and have had no success. Just accept the fact that you will always be wrong no matter what you do and always be ready to apologise regardless of fault, and you may, just may, get somewhere.
"If a man is alone in the woods and speaks, and there is no wife to hear him, is he still wrong".
Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

There are two things you need to learn:
When we tell you our problems we don't want you to fix them, we just want you to listen and let us know that we are not alone. We repeat do not want you to fix them, or offer us your actual opinion, or your solutions. Just listen and assure us that we are right to feel upset.
When you tell us your problems we take this to mean that we have to fix them, and any attempts to thwart our efforts will not be taken lightly. Clearly you weren't able to fix it yourself alone so it can only now be fixed if you follow our advice. And if you don't then don't come moaning to us because we told you what to do and you ignored us. Clearly we don't know what we are talking about so you will now have to sort your own mess out and leave us out of it. And don't come asking for advice again any time soon. Ungrateful moron.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I think you should have the major say on how you handle your side of the family. Get your own email account.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:24 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chicagojlo
There are two things you need to learn:
When we tell you our problems we don't want you to fix them, we just want you to listen and let us know that we are not alone. We repeat do not want you to fix them, or offer us your actual opinion, or your solutions. Just listen and assure us that we are right to feel upset.
When you tell us your problems we take this to mean that we have to fix them, and any attempts to thwart our efforts will not be taken lightly. Clearly you weren't able to fix it yourself alone so it can only now be fixed if you follow our advice. And if you don't then don't come moaning to us because we told you what to do and you ignored us. Clearly we don't know what we are talking about so you will now have to sort your own mess out and leave us out of it. And don't come asking for advice again any time soon. Ungrateful moron.
Thanks for the example. <David Attenborough whisper> Here we see a women in her natural state with no rational thought and no obvious signs as to what could have possibly caused her anger. This is one of the strange wonders of the natural world. Fascinating. </David Attenborough whisper>
Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:39 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Of course you can upgrade the model you have with a larger set of headlights, modify and trim the intake manifold.
Dress up kits are available in a variety of colors, most popular are black, red and white.
External additives available on the market can also cut down on the smell and sound proofing for noise reduction is recommended.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:47 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
Of course you can upgrade the model you have with a larger set of headlights, modify and trim the intake manifold.
Dress up kits are available in a variety of colors, most popular are black, red and white.
External additives available on the market can also cut down on the smell and sound proofing for noise reduction is recommended.
You could purchase the sweetest ride and mod it to death, preferably a Bugatti Veyron, but if you don't know how to drive stick then what's the point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.