Wikiposts

Marriage soon to USC

Old Oct 2nd 2006, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

BigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud of
Default Re: Marriage soon to USC

Originally Posted by Rete
I hope you can be as well.
Damn, you foiled my attempt at feigning ignorance in order to expose 'your' weakness.

As a moderator of this forum and a law abiding American(?), would it be within the realms of reasoning to ask you that you keep your ill wishes to yourself? Or at the very least, re-think the wording of them.

That is to say "I felt it", as it was "a little below the belt".

I'm not opposed to constructive criticism though, honestly.

In fact, I encourage it.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

So really, considering you are so much smarter & better than everyone who has participated in this thread, why do you keep coming back?
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 8:05 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrea874
So really, considering you are so much smarter & better than everyone who has participated in this thread, why do you keep coming back?
I can answer that: there are already too many trolls under the bridge...
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

BigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud of

If you can point me to a statement I made directly implying that I'm smarter or better than anybody here, I'll gladly retract it.

If you want to misconstrue what I said about having an education as some kind of ego trip, I suppose that's your choice.

My choice is to talk this out. Even through the negativity, I've gotten some information that maybe beneficial, after all that was the purpose of this exercise and apparently the forum.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

The only real info youve got is: talk to a lawyer and file your taxes.

You got that in the first page... probably the first post or two (I'm not about to go back and look).
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

The only real info youve got is: talk to a lawyer and file your taxes.

You got that in the first page... probably the first post or two (I'm not about to go back and look).
Originally Posted by fatbrit
The UK solicitor should communicate with your US immigration attorney to ensure that you are not pleading guilty to a charge that screws you up with US immigration down the road.

That's good advice from page 6
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BigTroubleinLittleChina
Originally Posted by fatbrit
The UK solicitor should communicate with your US immigration attorney to ensure that you are not pleading guilty to a charge that screws you up with US immigration down the road.

That's good advice from page 6
...which translates into "talk to a lawyer"...
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

...which translates into "talk to a lawyer"...
Not explicitly so.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 8:37 am
Just Joined

System is an unknown quantity at this point

The key word is DIRECTLY. You may not realize but you do so very much, but INDIRECTLY.

If you can point me to a statement I made directly implying that I'm smarter or better than anybody here, I'll gladly retract it.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 8:38 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Marriage soon to USC

Originally Posted by System
The key word is DIRECTLY. You may not realize but you do so very much, but INDIRECTLY.

Hello and welcome!

Care to introduce yourself?
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

If you mean to suggest that adding statements you consider not applicable to my situation equates to some sort of bragging, YOU may not realize, but I did so on more of an introductory basis, as not to portray some thug who has malicious intentions.

I'm not some English prat, who's head is so far up his own arse, who wants an easy ride. So if I believe it's in my best interest to describe myself a little to avoid such assumption, why is that a problem?

Don't mistake pride for pretentiousness, I made no statements here that would indicate I believe that I'm better than anybody else, neither subtle or out-loud, nor that I'm immune to the swift hand of the law.

Did you create your forum account just to add your two cents?

Perhaps your can enlighten the moderator, who's most profound wish is for my dismissal, or maybe you've joined in to agree with these assessments. I find those kinds of statements far below a human beings capacity for compassion and in all honesty, it sickens me a little.

Last edited by BigTroubleinLittleChina; Oct 2nd 2006 at 9:03 am.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 9:04 am
Just Joined

Yes, I did. That's a part of the purpose of boards such as this.

And clearly, we've completely differing views on your original post and those following. I just happened to think they're all, complete and total drivel.

Did you create your forum account just to add your two cents?
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Yes, I did. That's a part of the purpose of boards such as this.

And clearly, we've completely differing views on your original post and those following. I just happened to think they're all, complete and total drivel.
Small words for such a broad statement.
Can't you explain yourself a little better?

I'll start for you

"I was having a cup of tea and reading the BirtishExpats forum when..."
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 9:11 am
Just Joined

Hello Elvira - I'm the foreign spouse of a board member here.

She's been on this board for years and I've often peeked over her shoulder.

Was following this thread yesterday. There's a national newspaper that used to have a brilliant and funny ad campaign some 2 or 3 years ago, if memory serves.

(I always loved the tag line. The wanted to get across to the public that if they weren't getting the newspaper, they weren't getting it. That is, they weren't getting great classifieds, job opportunites, real estate etc. They were hinting that if you didn't get this paper, you were out of the loop, so to speak.)

The tag line was: IF YOU DON'T GET IT, YOU DON'T GET.

IMHO, bigtroubleinlittlechina, just doesn't get it.

Originally Posted by Elvira
Hello and welcome!

Care to introduce yourself?
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 9:15 am
Just Joined

NOW who's making assumptions ...

Small words for such a broad statement.
Can't you explain yourself a little better?

I'll start for you

"I was having a cup of tea and reading the BirtishExpats forum when..."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.