Wikiposts

Marriage soon to USC

Old Sep 28th 2006, 11:43 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage soon to USC

Originally Posted by BigTroubleinLittleChina
Jenney, it appears to like to talk a lot, adding your two cents in where it's not wanted.

If you didn't want 2¢ about your situation, you shouldn't have posted it on the internet for the entire world to read.

As much as you seem to be offended by what some of us are saying to you, you need to understand that you are offending many people here by being unapologetic about your repeated decisions to break the law.

You've come to get free advice from people who, unlike you, have gone through the US immigration process, who have obeyed the law and taken it seriously. In struggling to bring their families together they've suffered through periods of separation, lived for periods of time on only one income (because the other could not work legally), plus shelled out thousands of dollars for the priviledge of sharing a life together on the same spot of earth. Why wouldn't some of us find what you've done despicable?

I've been participating in online forums for many years, i'm perfectly aware of the nature of what I posted and that it may or may not be met with friendly compassion. After all, this is a world of conflicting opinions.

That doesn't imply I have to tolerate it.
Fine. Just be aware, as I said before, that US immigration officials are known to read the posts on this site. They don't see things in terms of compassion but in terms of immigration regulations.

I couldn't have easily gone home for fear of being wrongfully prosecuted for a crime I couldn't necessarily prove I didn't commit. That much was evident from an early stage.
But you said the assault charges were eventually dropped, no? So the only crime you would probably face prosecution for is for jumping bail, which you did, in fact, commit. You even said so in this thread.

I settled down, put the past behind me and put the pieces back together, even through my supposed lawlessness it wasn't exactly easy, but it's not easy to break my spirit either, regardless of boundaries, laws and the problems arising from over staying.
There is no "supposed" about it. You broke the law, in several ways. It is not "behind you" because you're still doing it. And if you are truly intent on becoming a legal resident in the US, you need to accept and own up to that fact FAST. Lying on an application or in an interview is probably the number one DON'T in immigration.

I can't remember who it was, but there was a poster on here a couple of years ago who lied during his interview about being arrested for shoplifting in the US (or something similar). They found out about it and his AOS application was denied. I believe that because he had entered the US on the VWP he had no grounds for appeal and had to leave the country. His overall situation wasn't nearly as grave as yours is, and see what happened because he lied? If he had said "yes" instead of "no" he'd probably still be here. So if you think it can't happen to you, think again.

And in that I'm evidently a bi-product of a flawed judicial system as these choices came about from the errors of others, not my own.
Oh, please. You didn't stick around long enough to let the judicial system work! Stop blaming other people and other things for your bad decisions. No one forced you to jump bail and get on that plane. No one forced you to work illegally. No one forced you to overstay for 8 years. No one made those choices for you but you.

It's great that you're going to retain an attorney. Just be sure you fully disclose everything -- to your attorney and to USCIS. Don't lie. You can be offended or annoyed by everything else I'm saying to you (which I know you will be, based on your attitude), but take this bit of advice seriously.

~ Jenney
Old Sep 29th 2006, 12:24 am
Lansbury

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 23:34:35 +0000, BigTroubleinLittleChina
<member55852@british_expats.com> wrote:

>According to a friend, the warrant given the case was closed and charges
    >dropped, may have become obsolete.

If you failed to surrender to bail that is not closed. If they issued a
warrant for your arrest and placed a Wanted/Missing entry on the Police
National Computer that record will stay active until your are know to be dead
or can presume to have died, (ie the entry is so old you cannot have lived
that long), or the officer in the case cancelled it.

How your friend can possible know if they is an entry or not beggars belief.

Charges cannot be dropped unless someone has been charged with an offence,
which as you imply in your original post the matter never got that far I
wonder how it was done. Once charged and bailed to attend court the charge is
dealt with at court, even if the prosecution decide to offer no evidence. If
you failed to attend the case cannot normally be heard.

--
Lansbury
www.uk-air.net
FAQs for the alt.travel.uk.air newsgroup

Old Sep 29th 2006, 12:29 am
Lansbury

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 04:10:18 +0000, BigTroubleinLittleChina
<member55852@british_expats.com> wrote:

>I couldn't have easily gone home for fear of being wrongfully prosecuted
    >for a crime I couldn't necessarily prove I didn't commit. That much was
    >evident from an early stage.

1) You don't have to prove your innocence.

2) People who don't commit crimes find it very easy if accused to show they
didn't commit the crime. They are somewhere else at the time and can
reasonable show that is so.
--
Lansbury
www.uk-air.net

Old Sep 29th 2006, 12:33 am
Lansbury

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 23:35:47 +0000, Elvira <member35233@british_expats.com>
wrote:

>UK Consulate in DC will return old passports - they just clip off
    >one corner.

Unless of course he is flagged on any of the computer systems they use.
Information on British subjects wanted for crime who are out of the UK is
passed between agencies.
--
Lansbury
www.uk-air.net

Old Sep 29th 2006, 3:30 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Simply put:

I couldn't have easily gone home for fear of being wrongfully prosecuted for a crime I couldn't necessarily prove I didn't commit. That much was evident from an early stage.

I settled down, put the past behind me and put the pieces back together, even through my supposed lawlessness it wasn't exactly easy, but it's not easy to break my spirit either, regardless of boundaries, laws and the problems arising from over staying.

And in that I'm evidently a bi-product of a flawed judicial system as these choices came about from the errors of others, not my own.
Oh please. I no longer care about you lying to immigration---now I'm worried about you telling lies to yourself.. your story changed dramatically! I thought you left because you didn't want to forfit your holiday and then you were in loooooove and couldn't take a chance of being out of her sight for too long?

<sigh>
Old Sep 29th 2006, 3:31 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Oh please. I no longer care about you lying to immigration---now I'm worried about you telling lies to yourself.. your story changed dramatically! I thought you left because you didn't want to forfit your holiday and then you were in loooooove and couldn't take a chance of being out of her sight for too long?

<sigh>
I cant believe I just read this entire thread.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute

No worries - fret about nothing. I'm sure it'll all work out. At least you're

"Highly skilled, carry a degree, highly employable, and your fiance to be is wealthy".

Good grief!
Old Sep 29th 2006, 3:53 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

You seem to not have worried too much about the most powerful goverment dept ...namely the IRS ... Screwing them could give you the most problem ...
Richard Hatch ..winner of a TV competition did not pay his taxes on time
now he is in Club Fed for 4 + years ....
Old Sep 29th 2006, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh Ray - how silly of you. You forget, Richard Hatch wasn't highly educated, highly employable, nor did he have a wealthy fiance!

Originally Posted by Ray
You seem to not have worried too much about the most powerful goverment dept ...namely the IRS ... Screwing them could give you the most problem ...
Old Sep 29th 2006, 3:57 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janadeen
Ahhh Ray - how silly of you. You forget, Richard Hatch wasn't highly educated, highly employable, nor did he have a wealthy fiance!
Nor was Al Capone ... you have a good point ...
Old Sep 29th 2006, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

BigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by meauxna

<sigh>
At what point did my story change dramatically?
Old Sep 29th 2006, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

BigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ray
I've been aware for a period of time that it's possible to make back payments, I have retained invoices and check stubs and have every intention to pay what is owed.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 5:06 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Under what circumstances can a person who works for himself pay taxes?

Believe me if I could have, I would have.

DUH! You're the one with the degree and the intelligence.

You get a Taxpayer's identification number from the IRS and pay taxes on your earnings.

Not a very complex process ... even a fifth grader can do it.

As for your certainty about getting a conditonal green card, don't bet the farm on it. There is a better chance that you will be asked to leave because of your criminal history in the UK.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by janadeen
No worries - fret about nothing. I'm sure it'll all work out. At least you're

"Highly skilled, carry a degree, highly employable, and your fiance to be is wealthy".

Good grief!
What's your point?
Old Sep 29th 2006, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

What's your point?
My point.

You’re asking me what MY point is.

“My passport ..... is very worn out.”
Point?

“... a lawyer, but I'm trying to get my facts straight before hand.”
Point?

“I'm to marry soon and it's an elaborate and large wedding with all the bells and whistles, family and friends are coming, everything is set in stone, but we're acting like there's no bigger picture.”
Point?

“Not being able to change the date of the vacation” (why not? Someone holding a gun to your head?)
Point?

“I had no desire to clear my name” (why not?)
Point?

Please.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.