Wikiposts

Marriage soon to USC

Old Oct 2nd 2006, 4:48 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage soon to USC

Originally Posted by andrea874
I really think my favorite part of this whole thread is how the 'highly educated' OP states that he "excepts" responsibility for his actions....

Freudian slip...
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 4:49 am
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute

So well put Rete.

Is it just me (and presumably you) or is there a ‘holier than thou/elitist/skate by if I can’ kind of attitude by the OP? And most importantly, he doesn’t see it ...

Just as you say here, I told him last week - “No worries - fret about nothing. I'm sure it'll all work out”. And he asked me “what’s your point”.

Sigh

Yes – the scary thing is, it probably WILL all work out for him.

I just don’t get, why if you have a wealthy fiancé (wealthy, not just rich, but wealthy) would you not retain the most top of the top legal counsel in this field and have him/her address and manage your concerns & affairs on the matter? Why would you get on an online forum to get suggestions and feedback ...

What’s with people?

Originally Posted by Rete
Jenney

Note the un-noticed remark in his post.

Who gives a chit about this character. He is above the law and can get away with it (at least he hopes so). Will probably enter Canada or Mexico, fly to the UK and return the same way with a driver's license.

He won't be the first to overcome hurdles and won't be the last to do it and get away with it.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

BigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by janadeen

What’s with people?
What's with people is a question we find ourselves asking a lot.

If my optimistic attitude and high hopes for the situation translates into my being an elitist, I might be compelled to ask "what's with you?"

Certainly by this comment "Yes – the scary thing is, it probably WILL all work out for him.", I'd definitely beg that question of you.

Would you prefer the opposite, just to spite me? To teach me a lesson?

Would in hearing that I'd failed satisfy 'your' need for justice?

I cannot sit here for the next year or two worrying that my plans will backfire, because it's not productive for me to do so, but I can prepare myself for the worst.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

BigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Did this attorney mention that if you leave the US -- married to a USC or not -- you will be banned from the country for 10 years? Or did you not tell her about your new sponsorship plans?

~ Jenney
I haven't consulted with an attorney at this point, I've spoken with a British solicitor.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fatbrit
The UK solicitor should communicate with your US immigration attorney to ensure that you are not pleading guilty to a charge that screws you up with US immigration down the road.

Leaving the US now before marriage AOS will make life much more complicated.
Good suggestion, if it's possible I'll have them do that.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 6:14 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

What bothers people, at the least ones here, is that we have all lived by the premise that there are laws in this country, right or wrong, and we have worked within the convoluted regulations of those laws to either get our loved ones here legally and/or ourselves, if we were the foreign spouse.

Yes, it pi$$es us off that there are people, such as yourself, and so many others who by virtue of their uwillingness to play by the rules instead make their own, can by pass the trials and tribulations that we have gone through and come out smelling like a rose bush alibet one with thorns.

Personally, as I said, I don't like care for people like you in any walk of life. I love an affirmative attitude and the will to succeed. However, only if the way to success is without stepping on people and/or bypassing the system that others have to go by to succeed. It is not giving the system a bad name but humanity, IMHO.

Originally Posted by BigTroubleinLittleChina
What's with people is a question we find ourselves asking a lot.

If my optimistic attitude and high hopes for the situation translates into my being an elitist, I might be compelled to ask "what's with you?"

Certainly by this comment "Yes – the scary thing is, it probably WILL all work out for him.", I'd definitely beg that question of you.

I cannot sit here for the next year or two worrying that my plans will backfire, because it's not productive for me to do so, but I can prepare myself for the worst.

Last edited by Rete; Oct 2nd 2006 at 6:25 am.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 6:17 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, I would.

You must feel great in Church.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 6:36 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrea874
I really think my favorite part of this whole thread is how the 'highly educated' OP states that he "excepts" responsibility for his actions....
I don't think that is necessarily a mistake: perhaps the OP feels that he is an exception, and as a result is not required to act responsibly...
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

bypassing the system that others have to go by to succeed. It is not giving the system a bad name but humanity, IMHO.
There's far worse things happening in this world than some man breaking a few rules to be with the person he loves.

How can you justify saying that I'm giving humanity a bad name?

When and if I get my citizenship in this Country, I'm sure it won't have been an easy road by any means and I've suffered enough internally over the years, even thinking about the prospect of having to deal with this.

People like you don't question law, you swear by it blindly and stand by the morality of it, even if it's flawed, yet I ask a question of you.

Have you ever broken a single law in your life? Think about it.

Last edited by BigTroubleinLittleChina; Oct 2nd 2006 at 6:43 am.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sally
Yes, I would.

You must feel great in Church.
And there in lies the moral difference between you and I.

The fact that you would participate in an online conversation and come to wish all out failure on an unknown person speaks volumes about your personality.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

olliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud ofolliewat has much to be proud of

I haven't consulted with an attorney at this point, I've spoken with a British solicitor.
Before you even consider leaving "un-noticed" and re-entering the US, you should really speak with a US immigration attorney. There might be a difference of opinion.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 6:59 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

There's far worse things happening in this world than some man breaking a few rules to be with the person he loves.
BS ...you broke those rules when you were barely old enough to shave the peach fuzz from your cheeeks.

How can you justify saying that I'm giving humanity a bad name?
I don't have to justify my feelings for you.

When and if I get my citizenship in this Country, I'm sure it won't have been an easy road by any means and I've suffered enough internally over the years, even thinking about the prospect of having to deal with this.
My fondest wish is for your rejection. You suffer? You won't allow that to occur. You'll find a way to bypass any suffering.

People like you don't question law, you swear by it blindly and stand by the morality of it, even if it's flawed, yet I ask a question of you.
BS - I question the law and don't follow it blindly. I follow it and then work to change it.

Have you ever broken a single law in your life? Think about it.

Yes, Mr. U I have broken laws in my life. And I have paid the fines for those broken laws and lived up to my responsibility for having done so.

Now a question for you? Why can't you do the same??????
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by olliewat
Before you even consider leaving "un-noticed" and re-entering the US, you should really speak with a US immigration attorney. There might be a difference of opinion.
At this point, that suggestion is just open for debate,
I've yet to consider it too seriously. But I will ask if it's a possibility.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

I don't have to justify my feelings for you.
That you don't!

My fondest wish is for your rejection. You suffer? You won't allow that to occur. You'll find a way to bypass any suffering.
If you had two more wishes, what would you wish for?
Concentrate now. Don't want you to waste another.

Yes, Mr. U I have broken laws in my life. And I have paid the fines for those broken laws and lived up to my responsibility for having done so.

Now a question for you? Why can't you do the same??????
*Pat pat*

I hope to be as admirable as you someday too.

Last edited by BigTroubleinLittleChina; Oct 2nd 2006 at 7:15 am.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 7:22 am
Concierge

I hope to be as admirable as you someday too.
I hope you can be as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.