Wikiposts

Marriage soon to USC

Old Sep 29th 2006, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

BigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud of
Default Re: Marriage soon to USC

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
Well, it's good that you've been honest with her. However, USCIS doesn't give a hill of beans about your love for one another. Unfortunately, given your history, your separation may not be temporary. I do wish you luck, and make sure you get a very good attorney. But you may already have that covered.

~SecretGarden
If it failed here, Europe would have to be a substitute for both of us, nothing will keep us apart.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 9:39 am
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigTroubleinLittleChina
If it failed here, Europe would have to be a substitute for both of us, nothing will keep us apart.
Oh come on now I'm starting to believe you are a troll

Ever read Mills and Boon
Old Sep 29th 2006, 9:41 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

It's good that you have that option. In my particular case, it wasn't. There are restrictions in the UK that have to be dealt with to bring your wife there as well. Have you read up on those yet? Best to consider ALL the options, right?
~SG
Old Sep 29th 2006, 10:19 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it's good that you've been honest with her. However, USCIS doesn't give a hill of beans about your love for one another. Unfortunately, given your history, your separation may not be temporary.
Not sure about that. There probably is no reason why the future Mrs-BTILC cannot move to the UK.

I may have said this before, but it always bears repeating: the UK is a beautiful country
Old Sep 29th 2006, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

BigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Elvira
Not sure about that. There probably is no reason why the future Mrs-BTILC cannot move to the UK.

I may have said this before, but it always bears repeating: the UK is a beautiful country
Heh, finally I got a chuckle out of this place with Mrs BTILC.

Although it would be such a shame to have gone and
screwed up my chances here, this really is a land of
opportunity for me, even in my position.

Damn.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Don't think he can find one of those.

But he can find an immigration attorney.
Bet your friends call you "Razor"
Frank R.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 11:31 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Marriage soon to USC

Originally Posted by frrussre
Bet your friends call you "Razor"
Frank R.

Whereas those whom she pi$$es off call her Limburger...
Old Sep 30th 2006, 7:41 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira

I never said that she wouldn't be able to move to the UK, but there is a process that he would have to go through for her to be able to do that legally. That's what I meant.

~SG
Old Sep 30th 2006, 9:14 am
Homebody

I never said that she wouldn't be able to move to the UK, but there is a process that he would have to go through for her to be able to do that legally. That's what I meant.

~SG

Sorry, I must have misinterpreted your comment that "Unfortunately, given your history, your separation may not be temporary"...
Old Oct 1st 2006, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

... Update

I made undoubtedly some interesting discoveries this weekend.

Firstly, I've had a discussion with a Senior CID officer on Friday, with whom I left a contact number in the UK for any further communication. He also remembered my mystery disappearance and guessed I was in America by the hint of accent, "Not such a great thing really".

The response (which came quickly) although not 100% clear from my Brother's translation was that the original charge against me was in fact dropped and the people(s) involved were fined and served no prison time.

It is also by his account a court matter for not attending on the given date, although apparently, no warrant exists for my arrest.

So I spoke with a solicitor who operates on a weekend and she said that this matter could possibly settled out of court with a fine, but I would need a representative and a statement to be read inside the Country if I have any hope of being acquitted.

I also have had an offer from a very close friend for a sponsorship.
It's a legitimate offer and perfectly within the bounds of my profession.

I know what I have done pi$$es some of you off and I except responsibility for what may appear selfish.

But there maybe a chance of leaving the Country somewhat un-noticed and re-entering the legal route.

That kind of information I can ask of my lawyer when we meet later this week.

Last edited by BigTroubleinLittleChina; Oct 1st 2006 at 9:50 pm.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 1:05 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

So I spoke with a solicitor who operates on a weekend ...

*snip*

But there maybe a chance of leaving the Country somewhat un-noticed and re-entering the legal route.
Did this attorney mention that if you leave the US -- married to a USC or not -- you will be banned from the country for 10 years? Or did you not tell her about your new sponsorship plans?

~ Jenney
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 1:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Did this attorney mention that if you leave the US -- married to a USC or not -- you will be banned from the country for 10 years? Or did you not tell her about your new sponsorship plans?

~ Jenney
But a waiver is available.

Can not say I could be bothered to read all the pages, has the IRS issue been dealt with?

The one thing certain is that they will want their pound of flesh.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 2:10 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

So I spoke with a solicitor who operates on a weekend and she said that this matter could possibly settled out of court with a fine, but I would need a representative and a statement to be read inside the Country if I have any hope of being acquitted.
The UK solicitor should communicate with your US immigration attorney to ensure that you are not pleading guilty to a charge that screws you up with US immigration down the road.

Leaving the US now before marriage AOS will make life much more complicated.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 4:17 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Jenney

Note the un-noticed remark in his post.

Who gives a chit about this character. He is above the law and can get away with it (at least he hopes so). Will probably enter Canada or Mexico, fly to the UK and return the same way with a driver's license.

He won't be the first to overcome hurdles and won't be the last to do it and get away with it.

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark

~ Jenney
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

I really think my favorite part of this whole thread is how the 'highly educated' OP states that he "excepts" responsibility for his actions....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.