Wikiposts

Marriage soon to USC

Old Sep 29th 2006, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

BigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud of
Default Re: Marriage soon to USC

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Oh, please. You didn't stick around long enough to let the judicial system work! Stop blaming other people and other things for your bad decisions. No one forced you to jump bail and get on that plane. No one forced you to work illegally. No one forced you to overstay for 8 years. No one made those choices for you but you. ~ Jenney & Mark
It was a bad decision that evidently turned into something worth while.
I can't condone it to anybody else but myself, if fate is not such a naive term, then perhaps this was mine.

I agree with you, nobody forced my hand and looking back at the situation it seems more resolvable now. But at the time I had neither the resources nor the inclination to do anything about it.

I still equate it to a fault judicial system, that's my opinion. If you knew the details, I promise you would frown upon it yourself and probably say "That's not right"

As for the rest of your advice, I do apologize that I didn't go about this the right way, I understand that many of you go through hell and back for the people you Love, and I admire your wanting to be honorable.

If I can resolve this matter before the first interview, I may stand a better chance of permanent entry, but that is yet to be seen.

Last edited by BigTroubleinLittleChina; Sep 29th 2006 at 5:34 am.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

BigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud ofBigTroubleinLittleChina has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by janadeen
My point.

You’re asking me what MY point is.

“My passport ..... is very worn out.”
Point?

“... a lawyer, but I'm trying to get my facts straight before hand.”
Point?

“I'm to marry soon and it's an elaborate and large wedding with all the bells and whistles, family and friends are coming, everything is set in stone, but we're acting like there's no bigger picture.”
Point?

“Not being able to change the date of the vacation” (why not? Someone holding a gun to your head?)
Point?

“I had no desire to clear my name” (why not?)
Point?

Please.
Neither of those things constitute dramatic change in story.

Those opinions from my opening statement are in past tense.
My intentions now are different.

I was young when I arrived.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigTroubleinLittleChina

Umm.. she isnt the one that said your story changed.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by andrea874
Umm.. she isnt the one that said your story changed.
It's hard to keep up.

Anyway, this line of communication isn't getting me anywhere.

Thanks and goodbye.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

It's hard to keep up.

Anyway, this line of communication isn't getting me anywhere.

Thanks and goodbye.
Funny, I'm not ALL that educated (only a few years of university under my belt), AND I'm not rich, yet I can follow who said what pretty easilly.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute

I never said you had a dramatic change in your story. This post is saying that too many of your statements are pointless - so why the heck are you asking ME what MY point is.

You're saying your passport is worn out - what's the point of that?

You're saying you want to get your facts straight before going to an atty - what's the point of that? Aren't facts, just facts - what's there to get straight?

Wow - you really ARE 'BigTrouble...'.

Old Sep 29th 2006, 5:49 am
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry - "it's hard to keep up."

Old Sep 29th 2006, 7:17 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Just about anything is surmountable. As long as your crime was not of moral turpitude and you can get the jumping bail charge dropped, you might stand a chance of adjusting status.

However, I've a question that no has aksed you. You said you belong to a political group. Have you at anytime in your 8 illegal years here in the US declared yourself a US Citizen. Be in for school enrollment, political entrance to a group, have you voted or registered to vote, etc. Just having declared yourself a USC once means you are ineligible to adjustment status for a lifetime.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 8:02 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

I guess I'm more concerned with his "soon to be wife" than I am about him. He appears to be making clear cut choices and behaving accordingly.

He may have mentioned this, but I'm wondering if he's told her about his issues. If she's aware of it all and is choosing to marry him, one has to wonder about her as well.

~SecretGarden
Old Sep 29th 2006, 8:05 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Just having declared yourself a USC once means you are ineligible to adjustment status for a lifetime.
And don't think they don't ask it at the AOS interviews, because it was asked of my husband. He was also asked if he ever registered to vote. He answered no, and was told, "well, that's good because if you had, that is a deportable offense."

~SG
Old Sep 29th 2006, 8:21 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

An acquaintance went on a similar route to the one I wish to take.
His explanation of experience, was they were interested in their community activities, his wives financial standing and his general presence in America.

I.e: Is he at all a benefit to the Country, Skilled, Speaky the Engrish?
Community activities = participation in any organization, clubs, etc. that could be considered subversive or the like.

It is Wife's not Wives unless you have multiple wives in which case you are ineligible for adjustment.

Her financial status is needed as she will be the financial sponsor for you and will be obliged to repay any means tested benefits you might receive.

General Presence in the US = lawful entry and lawful presence.

Speak English = ROTFLMOA Do you know what the stats are for the number of people who adjust status who do not speak english but do the interview with an interpreter? Quite high.

I don't have the the gift of precognition, so I can't foresee what questions may arise. I'm willing to answer them all without a moments hesitation, but in all fairness, my honesty may work against us.

Given most people placed in such position where by they can judge the outcome of a persons life, I'm supposing it's down to the day.

Last edited by Rete; Sep 29th 2006 at 9:59 am.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 8:22 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by frrussre
Sounds like you need a really really great Emigration attorney, a good accountant plus maybe start praying alot, think your going to need them all.
Good luck Frank R.

Don't think he can find one of those.

But he can find an immigration attorney.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Just about anything is surmountable. As long as your crime was not of moral turpitude and you can get the jumping bail charge dropped, you might stand a chance of adjusting status.

However, I've a question that no has aksed you. You said you belong to a political group. Have you at anytime in your 8 illegal years here in the US declared yourself a US Citizen. Be in for school enrollment, political entrance to a group, have you voted or registered to vote, etc. Just having declared yourself a USC once means you are ineligible to adjustment status for a lifetime.

None of the above.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
I guess I'm more concerned with his "soon to be wife" than I am about him. He appears to be making clear cut choices and behaving accordingly.

He may have mentioned this, but I'm wondering if he's told her about his issues. If she's aware of it all and is choosing to marry him, one has to wonder about her as well.

~SecretGarden
It's been 5 years, she's aware of every detail.
We're marrying out of love for one another, not for the boundaries that
may separate us temporarily.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 9:30 am
The Missus

It's been 5 years, she's aware of every detail.
We're marrying out of love for one another, not for the boundaries that
may separate us temporarily.
Well, it's good that you've been honest with her. However, USCIS doesn't give a hill of beans about your love for one another. Unfortunately, given your history, your separation may not be temporary. I do wish you luck, and make sure you get a very good attorney. But you may already have that covered.

~SecretGarden

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.