Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

London Embassy DCF - Help pls

Wikiposts

London Embassy DCF - Help pls

Old Oct 19th 2009, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

frank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud of
Default Re: London Embassy DCF - Help pls

Mea- I know this is so complicated! I literally noticed a couple of new grey hairs over the past week!

Anyway, the pension is a Holocaust Reparation payment. I went to IRS website and typed in Holocaust and came up with this link press release dated 2001

http://apps.qai.irs.gov/pub/irs-news/ir-01-75.pdf

which seems to show that the income from that doesnt need to be shown on his tax return.

If I were to print out that press release (which quotes the law) then that would provide prrof as to why that income isnt on his tax return.

Current problem - Dad can't find any documents that show the pension amount (other than the $400 or so paid each month into his account)!
Old Oct 19th 2009, 11:29 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frank09
Mea- I know this is so complicated! I literally noticed a couple of new grey hairs over the past week!

Anyway, the pension is a Holocaust Reparation payment. I went to IRS website and typed in Holocaust and came up with this link press release dated 2001

http://apps.qai.irs.gov/pub/irs-news/ir-01-75.pdf

which seems to show that the income from that doesnt need to be shown on his tax return.

If I were to print out that press release (which quotes the law) then that would provide prrof as to why that income isnt on his tax return.

Current problem - Dad can't find any documents that show the pension amount (other than the $400 or so paid each month into his account)!
Oh bless.
Hugs to your dad, and yes, the way I would deal with it is to include that information with a summary of his annual receipts of those payments.

Dad's bank statement may show where the payment originate (German bank).

We have one of those pensions that didn't need to be reported and that's how we have documented the income in the past.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

frank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud offrank09 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by meauxna
Oh bless.
Hugs to your dad, and yes, the way I would deal with it is to include that information with a summary of his annual receipts of those payments.

Dad's bank statement may show where the payment originate (German bank).

We have one of those pensions that didn't need to be reported and that's how we have documented the income in the past.
OK, so my mission then is to :

1) Get my dad's accountant prepare a profit and loss sheet for him for his current income this year (That should show around $10,000)

2) Get his SS payment shcedule for this year (should show around $8,500)

3) Get some kind of statement about his german pension (should show around $4800)

Once I get all that I can prepare the extra page that Jeff suggested that would show how those 3 figures add up to around $23,000 which is above the 125% poverty guidelines and therefore we won't need to go down the assets route...

Have I got that all correct?
Old Oct 19th 2009, 11:40 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

1) Get my dad's accountant prepare a profit and loss sheet for him for his current income this year (That should show around $10,000)

3) Get some kind of statement about his german pension (should show around $4800)

Once I get all that I can prepare the extra page that Jeff suggested that would show how those 3 figures add up to around $23,000 which is above the 125% poverty guidelines and therefore we won't need to go down the assets route...

Sounds perfect to me! Whew!
Old Oct 19th 2009, 11:43 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Looks right to me so far.. I did the same sort of summary sheet for my strange I-864; the CO liked it.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

lol - thanks you guys. busy few days ahead! good night!
Old Oct 21st 2009, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

Hi All- Got this in the post today, in the stamped self addressed envelope I sent with the I130:

Approval Notice of Relative Immigrant Visa Petition

Date Petition Filed: 16 Oct 09

Date of Approval: 19 Oct 09

There are check marks next to box 1) Your petition....has been forwarded to US consulate...will contact beneficiary ...give instructions
and box 8) sending me to the embassy website notifying of the next stage documents

Is this the NOA1?

As you'll all notice, I've already started assembling the documents for the next stage but am I right in assuming that they won't be needed until my wife hears from them next?

Thanks
Old Oct 21st 2009, 3:21 am

Dude, your petition is approved!

They must have nothing to do over there this week.. congratulations!
Go get your stuff ready; your wife will be hearing from them very soon.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 3:22 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Is this the NOA1?
DCF doesn't really use NOA1 and NOA2 sequence. This is the notice of I-130 approval, so it would be more like NOA2 if you were not doing DCF (NOA1 is just the notice that the I-130 was received).

As you'll all notice, I've already started assembling the documents for the next stage but am I right in assuming that they won't be needed until my wife hears from them next?
When doing DCF, all the documents go with your wife to her interview.

Rene
Old Oct 21st 2009, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

Dude, your petition is approved!

They must have nothing to do over there this week.. congratulations!
Go get your stuff ready; your wife will be hearing from them very soon.
Great! Now need to give dad a push in assembling all his complicated paperwork!
Old Oct 21st 2009, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
DCF doesn't really use NOA1 and NOA2 sequence. This is the notice of I-130 approval, so it would be more like NOA2 if you were not doing DCF (NOA1 is just the notice that the I-130 was received).

When doing DCF, all the documents go with your wife to her interview.

Rene
I see - Biut she will have to wait for her notification before booking her medical, right?

Ironically, I was at the embassy today, all of us where...where my application for a birth certificate and passport for my kids was... put on hold. Becuase foolishly I didn't bring sufficient proof of my time in the US. I took with me a transcript from College but they only count a college year as 9 months (if no summer semester was taken). They said I need to get proof of my time in the states which is tough as I didnt have a bank account. Luckily I was an intern at a law firm throughout my time I lived in the US (6 years or so) and I was there daily so I will be getting a letter from the attorney I interned for confirimg the dates I was at the firm and he said he'll get the letter notarized. Im praying that will suffice.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 3:29 am

Great! Now need to give dad a push in assembling all his complicated paperwork!
Please take a moment to jump up and down or wiggle around or something. You just had a 3 day petition approval.
This is the part that keep couples separated for 6+months waiting and waiting. Even for DCF, that's an incredible turnaround.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 3:33 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

f,

It's the equivalent of NOA2.

Only the domestic Service Centers issue Notices of Action on I-797 stock.

Regards, JEff

Hi All- Got this in the post today, in the stamped self addressed envelope I sent with the I130:

Approval Notice of Relative Immigrant Visa Petition

Date Petition Filed: 16 Oct 09

Date of Approval: 19 Oct 09

There are check marks next to box 1) Your petition....has been forwarded to US consulate...will contact beneficiary ...give instructions
and box 8) sending me to the embassy website notifying of the next stage documents

Is this the NOA1?
Old Oct 21st 2009, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

Please take a moment to jump up and down or wiggle around or something. You just had a 3 day petition approval.
This is the part that keep couples separated for 6+months waiting and waiting. Even for DCF, that's an incredible turnaround.
Oh wow! This is what the wait for 6 weeks is? I thought the wait was for the request to my wife to assemble her documents, get medical etc?
Old Oct 21st 2009, 4:29 am

Oh wow! This is what the wait for 6 weeks is? I thought the wait was for the request to my wife to assemble her documents, get medical etc?
No, what I'm saying is that the vast majority of people have to file their petitions in the US and the usual processing time for that is about 6 months.

Someone just gave you a big chocolate bar, take my word for it.

Your wife could potentially interview within about 6 weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.