Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

k3 -129F at NBC only processed 2 days!!!

k3 -129F at NBC only processed 2 days!!!

Old Jun 6th 2004, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

acuario is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: k3 -129F at NBC only processed 2 days!!!

Originally posted by zeo
have you ever seen it this slow?
Zeo !
Look at it in a positive way:
the processing times are so bad now, that the good part is that it can only get better !
Old Jun 7th 2004, 2:18 am
zeo
BE Enthusiast

zeo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by acuario
Zeo !
Look at it in a positive way:
the processing times are so bad now, that the good part is that it can only get better !
answer this question do you think it will speed up? If not it will take almost 3 years for my wife to come into the USA!
Old Jun 7th 2004, 11:57 am
kud
BE Enthusiast

kud is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by zeo
answer this question do you think it will speed up? If not it will take almost 3 years for my wife to come into the USA!
They slow down, speed up, slow down, speed up. Just try and chill out. Driving yourself nuts doesn't help you or your Wife. It will happen.
Old Jun 7th 2004, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

neerluck is an unknown quantity at this point

You get used to the waiting.

My wife was 1 month pregnant when I applied for the k3, i thought that she should be here well before her delivery date (shows how stupid I was not to do a DCF).

Anyways, I got a RFE, my wife is due in the next few weeks, I have idea when her k3 is going to get approved

The only good thing is that I am going to India for 5 weeks next month.
Old Jun 7th 2004, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

d_medina is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by neerluck
You get used to the waiting.

My wife was 1 month pregnant when I applied for the k3, i thought that she should be here well before her delivery date (shows how stupid I was not to do a DCF).

Anyways, I got a RFE, my wife is due in the next few weeks, I have idea when her k3 is going to get approved

The only good thing is that I am going to India for 5 weeks next month.
I'm pregnant too. I know I'm having this child alone. It's very very depressing. Literally all I do is cry and hate the fact I'm pregnant. This whole thing would be easier to wait on if it wasn't for the pregnancy.
Old Jun 7th 2004, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

It won't take 3 years. It will speed up. Postings on the uscis websites are near useless. For a more accurite guage of how long it might take track the timeline sites. It took five months in my case. The immigrations website sometimes didn't move for two months at a time. Occaisionally they went backwards. The only thing they are good for is determining when you are overdue.

Check out some of Matt Udalls past postings to get the large picture. I know how you feel though as I too have been through the INS (at the time) wringer too!

Good Luck.

Originally posted by zeo
Old Jun 7th 2004, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

utopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the rough

Tony is absolutely right. Yes, they have slowed down now but their speed varies - for a while last year they were getting K-3 petitions approved in 60 days. Mine took 71 days. I know that it's tough waiting in what feels like limbo but eventually - and maybe a lot sooner than you think - you will be approved and on your way. Hang in there.

Originally posted by lpdiver
It won't take 3 years. It will speed up. Postings on the uscis websites are near useless. For a more accurite guage of how long it might take track the timeline sites. It took five months in my case. The immigrations website sometimes didn't move for two months at a time. Occaisionally they went backwards. The only thing they are good for is determining when you are overdue.

Check out some of Matt Udalls past postings to get the large picture. I know how you feel though as I too have been through the INS (at the time) wringer too!

Good Luck.
Old Jun 7th 2004, 2:28 pm
zeo
BE Enthusiast

zeo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by kud
They slow down, speed up, slow down, speed up. Just try and chill out. Driving yourself nuts doesn't help you or your Wife. It will happen.
is this the slowest you have seen them 2 days? Someone told me he has seen a 4 to 6 week Jump in only 15 days.
Old Jun 7th 2004, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

Lu&Nate is an unknown quantity at this point

It´s SAD for everybody...!!
I´ve been waiting to check this processing time report .. checking the web almost everyday (because i didn´t know how often the updated the web).. and it really sucks! Nebraska is still reviewing Feb. 29, 2004 (K-1 129 F) applications !! how can it be? is this normal? it´s just sad... it´s stuck... can´t wait to check the next report!!! hope it gets better....

Lu
Old Jun 7th 2004, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

As I posted before...I have seen them go into reverse during my wait. Hang in there. Check the other timelines. Remember it is to there advantage to not show true progress as this will then allow many people who are thirty days overdue to make requests and further bog down the system.

Originally posted by zeo
is this the slowest you have seen them 2 days? Someone told me he has seen a 4 to 6 week Jump in only 15 days.
Old Jun 7th 2004, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

kebuchan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by acuario
Wayne, you did go to the US to see your wife, I guess...
Did they let you in ?
Did you have to say you´re waiting for your K-3, and you´re married and all that, and they let you in anyway ?
I´d like to know if that´s an option.
Anybody in the same case has been in the US in the middle of the K-3 process ?
I´ve heard contradictory things about that...

Thanks !
I cross every other week almost .... no issues, I tell them the truth that I'm waiting for the K-3 etc. A couple of times I've cross with my wife as well... again no issues. I don' t know if that's going to change as I have heard that they would not allow me in but so far no issues. I think I've been over to the US about 9-10 times since the first NOA.

But the dates on the website are very frustrating.... I feel like canning the idea... we can just live in Canada, which I wanted to do in the first place! :-/

Kevin
Old Jun 7th 2004, 2:56 pm
Petey's Playmate

PEACHSTER is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Lu&Nate
I´ve been waiting to check this processing time report .. checking the web almost everyday (because i didn´t know how often the updated the web).. and it really sucks! Nebraska is still reviewing Feb. 29, 2004 (K-1 129 F) applications !! how can it be? is this normal? it´s just sad... it´s stuck... can´t wait to check the next report!!! hope it gets better....

Lu
If Nebraska is processing for Feb. of this year then they have gotten speedy. The year I sent in my petition to Nebraska it was not even a month after they just stopped processing all together & this went on for the whole summer. Finally in September we was approved. I thought this was really bad until I noticed how slow they had gotten last year. It was even worse. There were some people that went over 200 days before there petition was approved.

To all who is waiting, hang in there. It is tough but there will be that light at the end of the tunnel. I have been there. I went a year & a month without seeing my(now) husband. I thought I was gonna go nuts. Then I read on here of people who went longer then I did & I thought it isnt so bad afterall it could be worse & I will get thru this rough time.

To all who did a K3, What made you decide to do that instead of a K1?
Old Jun 7th 2004, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

Lu&Nate is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry i meant Feb 09, 2004 ! Nebraska is still on that day...
hope it gets better...

Originally posted by Lu&Nate

Lu
Old Jun 7th 2004, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

I chose K-3. At the time of my filing it was a coin toss as to which would be quicker K-3 or K-1. It isn't written anywhere nor is it policy but I got the distinct unofficail impression that it would be better if we were married and if I attended the interview.

I followed seasoned advice and did exactly that.

At the time I was told by several attorney that I should expect 5-7 months for the issuance of the visa if there were no problems. It would have taken five but delays on our part caused seven.

Good luck,

Anthony & Angela

Originally posted by PEACHSTER
If Nebraska is processing for Feb. of this year then they have gotten speedy. The year I sent in my petition to Nebraska it was not even a month after they just stopped processing all together & this went on for the whole summer. Finally in September we was approved. I thought this was really bad until I noticed how slow they had gotten last year. It was even worse. There were some people that went over 200 days before there petition was approved.

To all who is waiting, hang in there. It is tough but there will be that light at the end of the tunnel. I have been there. I went a year & a month without seeing my(now) husband. I thought I was gonna go nuts. Then I read on here of people who went longer then I did & I thought it isnt so bad afterall it could be worse & I will get thru this rough time.

Old Jun 7th 2004, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

utopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the rough

Back when we started in the summer of 2003, Texas was really bogged down with K-1 petitions and Missouri was approving K-3 petitions in 30 to 60 days. So the choice was obvious plus a wedding in Colombia costs ten times as much here. We were approved in 71 days and the entire process took 5 months including a wasted month spent waiting for a lost Packet 3. Also Bogota is giving a lot of scrutiny to K-1s these days and the K-3s seem to have less trouble. Ours was about as smooth as it gets.

Originally posted by PEACHSTER